**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to work on?

I am wondering who to upgrade and what questing, aq aw teams should be I am a new player and am just getting into the game.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    In my opinion, if you are in the very early parts of the game I would rank up Angela and Rogue first. Both are relatively easy champs to play, Rogue has excellent healing with her SP1 and power control with SP2, while Angela hits pretty hard and just gets a lot of buffs for free. Venom is also a very good attacker and has the advantage of avoiding Spider-verse evades (among other things). He's definitely an early option.

Crossbones is also a very good attacker that doesn't need to be awakened. He gains fury and as he does he reduces the chance for defenders to activate defensive abilities. Guillotine and Morningstar are also decent attackers, Morningstar can very extremely good in some circumstances but does require very good play to get the most out of her.

Speaking of which, Quake is one of the strongest attackers out there, but she requires a very specific style of play that can take a while to master to get that benefit. If you hold down block she starts stacking charges on the opponent and when they trigger they can stun and damage the opponent. This means she can kill an opponent without even hitting them. Alone this would be not very useful because while you're holding block the opponent can just walk up to you and hit you. But Quake also has the ability to dodge the first swing at her when she's doing this, so if you play correctly you can hold block and stack charges on your opponent and when they attack you you can evade that first attack and then counter or evade the rest. Needless to say, this takes practice to avoid just getting hit in the face a lot, but when it works Quake can be extremely effective.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

I am wondering who to upgrade and what questing, aq aw teams should be I am a new player and am just getting into the game.

IM: IW , Quake, Venom, Morningstar, or Angela are all good options.
  • BanditRaccoon55BanditRaccoon55 Posts: 17
    I’m decent at parry then heavying with quake just took her up to rank two

Still wondering about teams for questing, AW, AW defense, and Aq
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Venom Quake Rogue Crossbones And Angela are all very good.

Crossbones is good if you can keep 4-5 fury stacks because it keeps enemies abilities (like Spider-Man’s evade or Iron Man’s arc overload) from triggering.

Venom is very good against spider men, because they can’t evade him. He also can absorb buffs (positive effects on the enemy) to gain health with sp1 and do a lot of damage on his sp2 (but it resets your buff stack)

Quake is weird, watch some videos on how to use her, but once you master her, she is insanely good

Angela and Rogue are good questing champions that can keep their health high and do some alright damage.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I’m decent at parry then heavying with quake just took her up to rank two

Still wondering about teams for questing, AW, AW defense, and Aq

In general, my priority for rank ups is: make sure you can hold your own in AQ depending on the maps your alliance runs, then rank up to do monthly quests, then AW attack, then finally AW defense. Of course if your alliance prioritizes war highly, those priorities might need to change. But I also think the best way to help your alliance in the long run is to put yourself in a good place to progress in this game, and being able to do the highest difficulty of the monthly quest you can reasonably do is the best way to do that.

I would probably put IMIW, Nightcrawler, Taskmaster, Masacre, and Vulture on defense. IMIW is a good defender, Nightcrawler is a good defender at lower levels, and Taskmaster can be annoying at times because he builds up immunity to debuffs. Masacre is still new and not everyone is used to fighting him. Vulture, honestly, I'd place because I wouldn't use him as an attacker.
  • BanditRaccoon55BanditRaccoon55 Posts: 17
    Ok, thank you DNA