**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6.2 Rarity Gates the beginning of the end for non whale spenders and/or not 7/24 on MCOC?

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    JRock808 said:

raffster said:

@CoryMatthewsTho

"If you're at the point where you're realistically ready to 100% 6.2, then you'll more than like already have at least four 6*s"

What if your 4 x 6*s are absolute trash?

What if the path is so easy it won't matter?
    Even you don't believe that will be the case. Stop being obtuse.
    I’ll bet you an Odin that the path after the 4x 6* gate in the final quest has opponents at most half the PI of the opponent paths. Deal?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

JRock808 said:

raffster said:

@CoryMatthewsTho

"If you're at the point where you're realistically ready to 100% 6.2, then you'll more than like already have at least four 6*s"

I choose to wait until the content is released before passing judgement.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I think we have enough history with Kabam to know better..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    JRock808 said:

raffster said:

@CoryMatthewsTho

First off, it's already been reported by someone who has done the Beta that the Paths requiring 6*s are easy.
    Secondly, what really is obtuse is how stubbornly people insist on not using "trash". If it gets the job done, then use it. That's common sense.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    JRock808 said:

JRock808 said:

raffster said:

@CoryMatthewsTho

History of the community eating their own words? Correct.

There have been several beta testers already saying the 6* gates are easy peasy, lemon squeasy.

6.1 people were upset about the 4* thing. Most have gotten through it. 4*'s won't fair well in that act anyway. Its much different than Rol or LoL where there isnt tons of crazy nodes and effects.

I believe 6.2 will be hard but I also believe the gate thing is being blown out of proportion. Can't be any worse than 5.3 where all but 1 class has their attack cut by 50%. We didn't have R5s then and we got through it. We will be ok.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

JRock808 said:

JRock808 said:

raffster said:

@CoryMatthewsTho

Took the words right out of my mouth

JRock808 said:

JRock808 said:

raffster said:

@CoryMatthewsTho

Took the words right out of my mouth
    In like a lady and the tramp sorta way?

You know, I've been on the forum long enough to come to the conclusion that Kabam could introduce an algorithm/feature into the game that siphons money directly from your bank account, and @GroundedWisdom and @Demonzfyre would still find a way to defend it.

The gates in act 6 were very clearly introduced to force spending, it doesn't take Vulcan levels of deductive logic to figure that out. It had nothing to do with making the content "more challenging" as they claim, or 4 stars would be allowed.

Yet again, they force absolutely nothing. You can continue to grow your 5/6* roster naturally like the vast majority of players will do.

I for the life of me can't understand why people who manage to get lucky early and get 2-3 great champs ranked and fly through older content, feel that they are entitled to keep doing so with those same few champs for the rest of time

You know, I've been on the forum long enough to come to the conclusion that Kabam could introduce an algorithm/feature into the game that siphons money directly from your bank account, and @GroundedWisdom and @Demonzfyre would still find a way to defend it.

The gates in act 6 were very clearly introduced to force spending, it doesn't take Vulcan levels of deductive logic to figure that out. It had nothing to do with making the content "more challenging" as they claim, or 4 stars would be allowed.

Optional Content somehow equals forced spending. Gotta love the tinfoil community.
    It took me ages to get a roster to even explore master EQ before Uncollected was introduced. Even longer to get the champs to finish exploring act 5. I didn't come in here moaning about money grab content or things being unfair, I just waited until the time came that I could get through it in what I considered a reasonable amount of items.

Challenging content doesn't always have to mean doing it with low ranking 4* champs. Challenging could also mean thinking outside the box when it comes to match ups and using champs you don't normally do. Take for instance Variant 2. It's made to where you should be using XL champions and there aren't a lot of them that are great out there. They have buffs in each chapter that help a certain XL champ. Joe Fixit even has a buff dedicated to him and who ever uses him but if you have him, he could help clear content because of it.

If you are complaining about gates, why wouldn't you complain about those buffs that help only a champs and some that are considered the worst of the worst.
    Why aren't you complaining that at 5.3 only allowed 1 class per chapter that didn't get their attack cut in half.
    Why don't you complain about the other class restricted gates that litter other content in other Acts and proving grounds?

Gates aren't new and have been around for the entire existence of the game. It's only forced spending if you actually spend money. Come back to it when you get the champs you want to use. I've been playing since release 'ish and only just did a LoL run in January. Thats the beauty of permanent content.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

Challenging content doesn't always have to mean doing it with low ranking 4* champs. Challenging could also mean thinking outside the box when it comes to match ups and using champs you don't normally do. Take for instance Variant 2. It's made to where you should be using XL champions and there aren't a lot of them that are great out there. They have buffs in each chapter that help a certain XL champ. Joe Fixit even has a buff dedicated to him and who ever uses him but if you have him, he could help clear content because of it.

If you are complaining about gates, why wouldn't you complain about those buffs that help only a champs and some that are considered the worst of the worst.
    Why aren't you complaining that at 5.3 only allowed 1 class per chapter that didn't get their attack cut in half.
    Why don't you complain about the other class restricted gates that litter other content in other Acts and proving grounds?

Gates aren't new and have been around for the entire existence of the game. It's only forced spending if you actually spend money. Come back to it when you get the champs you want to use. I've been playing since release 'ish and only just did a LoL run in January. Thats the beauty of permanent content.
    It’s been almost one year and you people are not even close what this thread says.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★

It’s been almost one year and you people are not even close what this thread says.
    Yet here we are, people survived. Some got past the Gates. Some are still working on it. Doesn't seem to be the end of anything. Seems like they did exactly what they intended, to me. Provided another level of challenge, and separated Players based on progress.
    Yup. I’m surprised the opening poster is still playing (and complaining) about the game despite predicting the “doomsday” of it. 😂
    xNig said:

Yup. I’m surprised the opening poster is still playing (and complaining) about the game despite predicting the “doomsday” of it. 😂

I still find it funny that there are still a few out there asking for and expecting the 6.2 gates to be removed and the champion fight to be changed/nerfed
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    xNig said:

Surprised? I'm not surprised. Hyperbole is the only thing doomcriers have going for them. They can't even accurately predict how they themselves will react long term to a game change, much less how the majority of players will.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Thats why you put them 'ignore', makes for a much better experience on the forums

@theMercenary who are you referring to when you say "you people"?
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Did anyone actually enjoy doing 6.2? I've done one run through it and had to lay in the recovery position for a couple of hours after.
    Won't be going back to it anytime soon that's for sure.
    Thecurler said:

Did anyone actually enjoy doing 6.2? I've done one run through it and had to lay in the recovery position for a couple of hours after.

I enjoyed most of it. Some of the late quest gated paths were a bit much and I wasnt a huge fan of a few of the champion nodes but the majority of the chapter was fun for me. I actually enjoyed more of 6.2 than 6.3 personally.

Some of them survived some of them gave up etc. I don’t buy that ****.

I’m a survivor if the issue is being in the game long enough to see “gates”. But game is not fun for me like before, trying to explore 6.2 and stuck at 6.2.5 gates. I’m f2p from beginning and Literally grinding arenas or low cost energy quests for some 10-15 units. I just don’t like the idea of preparing this much to a “gate” before entering it.

The idea of this thread was that “people who don’t spend going to struggle hard in these gates”. It’s actually happening now. And thank you guys @raffster @Dshu @xNig for far seer opinions.

Yet here we are, people survived. Some got past the Gates. Some are still working on it. Doesn't seem to be the end of anything. Seems like they did exactly what they intended, to me. Provided another level of challenge, and separated Players based on progress.
    In an eventuality, your roster will be deep enough to handle the gates with a full team of R4/5s. As much as it's unpopular, 6.2 is going to be the hardest (and most exhausting) piece to 100% explore Act 6, which further separates the players (especially the non-spending ones) into those with 6* R3 and those without.

It might be unintended, it might be intended by the Kabam Devs. Whatever is the case, it is what it is and if F2P players have the intention to 100% Act 6, they have to grind or save for the resources or wait until they are good/strong enough to handle it.

(I saved up close to 3 Odins before I 100% it in one go for a Legends run. F2P. Got stuck for a week on the No Retreat Champion as my final fight before 100%. Needless to say, didn't get the tag. Oh well lol)
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Thecurler said:

I don't have the most extensive roster but I enjoyed doing my initial run a fair bit. The Champion boss was tricky, but very doable once I got the hang of it. I did spend a lot of time preparing for just that one fight - watching one-shot videos, constantly practising against 5/65 Champions with a 3* Sym Supreme, saving up 20-30 L1/L2 revives, and stashing a big overflow of ROL potions.

That being said, I don't think I'll be exploring it for a while. I'd much rather continue working on 6.1 and 6.3.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    xNig said:

I’m a survivor if the issue is being in the game long enough to see “gates”. But game is not fun for me like before, trying to explore 6.2 and stuck at 6.2.5 gates. I’m f2p from beginning and Literally grinding arenas or low cost energy quests for some 10-15 units. I just don’t like the idea of preparing this much to a “gate” before entering it.

The idea of this thread was that “people who don’t spend going to struggle hard in these gates”. It’s actually happening now. And thank you guys @raffster @Dshu @xNig for far seer opinions.

In an eventuality, your roster will be deep enough to handle the gates with a full team of R4/5s. As much as it's unpopular, 6.2 is going to be the hardest (and most exhausting) piece to 100% explore Act 6, which further separates the players (especially the non-spending ones) into those with 6* R3 and those without.

It might be unintended, it might be intended by the Kabam Devs. Whatever is the case, it is what it is and if F2P players have the intention to 100% Act 6, they have to grind or save for the resources or wait until they are good/strong enough to handle it.

(I saved up close to 3 Odins before I 100% it in one go for a Legends run. F2P. Got stuck for a week on the No Retreat Champion as my final fight before 100%. Needless to say, didn't get the tag. Oh well lol)
    yea i got the idea of exploring 6.2 is hard for a f2p. those mutant gate is nothing but **** with a %200 power gain with aspect of evolution punisher on it. just.. it just doesnt fit the rewards are worthy after that point. you know, weeks of preperation and in the end, 15k 5* shards and some 6* shards. Idk lets how 6.4 is going to be...
  • Sieger7999Sieger7999 Posts: 48
    The gates were a horrible and lazy design, 6.3 is far more enjoyable to play yet at the same time very challenging.

xNig said:

yea i got the idea of exploring 6.2 is hard for a f2p. those mutant gate is nothing but **** with a %200 power gain with aspect of evolution punisher on it. just.. it just doesnt fit the rewards are worthy after that point. you know, weeks of preperation and in the end, 15k 5* shards and some 6* shards. Idk lets how 6.4 is going to be...
    That Punisher is pretty easy with AA. I believe the new Colo can handle him alright too.

6.4 is gonna be harder and more punishing. 😊
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I still hate act 6.2 overall. I 100% completed 6.3 a week after its release and still haven't fully explored 6.2. Fortunately because I've waited on completing 6.2 I have pulled CapIW and Warlocke in the past 3 weeks so now I can easily one shot the Champion 6.2.6 boss and one shot Mr. Sinister boss. It still isn't enjoyable but since I've pulled the perfect counters I will finish it up well before 6.4 is released.

Also, I predicted the death of the gates for 6.3 and beyond and I was right. Kabam still haven't changed it for 6.2 but they have discontinued them moving forward and probably will remove the gates to help others complete 6.4 for those who are locked out of act 6.3 due to the Champion boss.