Team to Beat Collector

Cloud99999Cloud99999 Member Posts: 43
Hello, I am currently on 5.2.3. and want to beat the collector in <2 months. My top 5 right now are maxed out 4* quake, ghost rider, doc ock, and angela. All are around sig level 40 except unduped angela. My 5th champ is 4 star 4/40 rogue at around sig 20. I'm trying to get my rogue maxed out so my team will be maxed out. I'm recently came back to this game after leaving for about half a year. I'm wondering if you think you think my team would be strong enough to take out the collector with not too many resources used. I'm also wondering what your team to beat the collector was. Any and all comments are appreciated.

Comments

• pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,949 Guardian
    I don't mean to sound facetious but most people I know beat The Collector with Reviveman and Healthpotgirl. The best advice I can give is that Reviveman is more effective than Healthpotgirl since you die when you get hit anyways. Maybe just a little healing for parry damage. No real sense wasting healing potions to get to full health or even close.

That being said I actually had an easier time becoming uncollected on my secondary account with Hyperion and Reviveman. I think I used Blade and Reviveman on my primary but not sure as it was quite awhile ago.

Unless you possess much higher than average skill count on reviving.

Uncollected is worth it though so don't be discouraged burning those revives. And once you're ready for Cavalier it is even more worth it.
  • SDPSDP Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Hello, I am currently on 5.2.3. and want to beat the collector in <2 months. My top 5 right now are maxed out 4* quake, ghost rider, doc ock, and angela. All are around sig level 40 except unduped angela. My 5th champ is 4 star 4/40 rogue at around sig 20. I'm trying to get my rogue maxed out so my team will be maxed out. I'm recently came back to this game after leaving for about half a year. I'm wondering if you think you think my team would be strong enough to take out the collector with not too many resources used. I'm also wondering what your team to beat the collector was. Any and all comments are appreciated.</p>

You are hurting badly in the damage dealer department. You need a hard hitter, or you will use a ton of revives. Some will say Angela, but she’s not that good here.
  • SDPSDP Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Who are your next in line?
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    I am on 5.2.4 and my champs (4* max) all get decimated at end of first five opponent.

I think you need to clear 5.2.3 first and then assess again (as you may pull better champs).

I am going through material (forum, youtube) to learn and it looks like a few things to note.

Champs
    Vision, The Vision, Hulk, Dr. V, NC.

Gameplay
    ° Intercept (to reduce number of times to revive champ)
    ° Skill to tackle Bane
    ° Fight aggressive (due to deteriorating AAR as time passes)
    ° Read and memorise Collector's abilities

There are more and I am still gathering info.

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    You don't have the champs to counter masochism on 5.2.4, let alone Collector. Take it step by step. 5.2.4 is the worst chapter in 5.2, Collector's chapter is not that hard, well, except the collector himself that is.

For Masochism you need champs that can deal with it. Sabretooth with KM synergy, Archangel, Proxima, Luke Cage (yes, with his concussions he does pretty well). Look it up in the forums for more specific advise on this subject.

Champions that inflict DoT (heavy bleeders) or regen champs (ok, your GR will help here) will also be useful.

Generally, the last 3 chapters of 5.2 want aggressive playstyle. Don't worry about timers in Bane, as soon as you get him make sure you hit back to transfer the degen on the defender.

Finally, for the Collector you need at least one hard hitter. Don't bother with health potions, don't waste your money. Just use L2 revives, get in, make as much damage as you can in a very narrow time margin, die, revive this one champion and repeat. If you can take out around 10% of his health each time you revive , you will need around 10 health revives or the equivalent in units. Follow that and you will be fine.

I just got Uncollected a few days ago, so all these are fresh in my mind. Good luck!

I just got Uncollected a few days ago, so all these are fresh in my mind. Good luck!

Congrats!
    Next up for me is Iron Patriot of 5.2.4. :D
  • Cloud99999Cloud99999 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2019
    My next champs are as follows:

I have another question.
    Was there any pop up offer on defeating collector?
    If yes, how much units needed?

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★

I have another question.

Nah, I don't think so.

Of course after you beat him, the Grandmaster crystals show up, both in the daily offers and as an option to buy them for 200 units, guaranteeing a 3-star and with chances for 4* and 5*.

I have another question.

Nah, I don't think so.

Of course after you beat him, the Grandmaster crystals show up, both in the daily offers and as an option to buy them for 200 units, guaranteeing a 3-star and with chances for 4* and 5*.
    I saw this post and wondering if it was still valid. 15k units needed, maybe it is on 100% exploration.

• ElementalBashElementalBash Member Posts: 107
    rank up x-23 and gladiator hulk for good damage both of them.
  • ElementalBashElementalBash Member Posts: 107

Hello, I am currently on 5.2.3. and want to beat the collector in <2 months. My top 5 right now are maxed out 4* quake, ghost rider, doc ock, and angela. All are around sig level 40 except unduped angela. My 5th champ is 4 star 4/40 rogue at around sig 20. I'm trying to get my rogue maxed out so my team will be maxed out. I'm recently came back to this game after leaving for about half a year. I'm wondering if you think you think my team would be strong enough to take out the collector with not too many resources used. I'm also wondering what your team to beat the collector was. Any and all comments are appreciated.</p>

you should save revives but first you have to beat 5.2.3 .4 .5 and then the collector focus on that. rank up g-hulk and x-23 for great damage.