**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Feeling a bit deflated with the game at the moment

AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
Absolutely love the game, been playing every day for over 18 months and find it super enjoyable usually. It might just be cyclical but been feeling a bit deflated recently. The Avengers event seems to have dragged on for half my life and the rewards didn’t seem to amount to much. Having the Halls of Healing and Fortune this week is great, though the latter costs so much energy you can’t do any other quests while it’s running without spending on energy refills. Haven’t had a great pull in a while, alliance just missed out on the tier we were expecting, etc etc. I just don’t seem to look forward to opening the app as much recently. Anyone got any tips for staying enthusiastic?

Comments

• KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    The game was great but never progressed. Good design dictates that over time you should introduce mechanisms to reduce grinding in proportion to player progress. This game does the opposite. There is no auto win or auto complete no matter how powerful your roster is you still have to go through fights and wait for the lag. You have to pay or extensively grind units just to complete basic content or participate in alliance events. I played the game for a long time and spent money on it but I have no intention of spending any more money or significant time grinding if nothing is fixed and very very soon I’ll be out and I’m sure many big spenders are in the same boat. I see old players leaving in droves everyday but the developers answer is to introduce more hard content and more grinding. No thanks.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    The game is an endless cycle, sometimes fun, sometimes disappointing, take the good with the bad. Personally i’m only logging in for aq and aw these days, 100% first variant and done a sigle run through 6.1 and Variant 2, wont be 100%ing for a while because i’m not a spender, and the games bugs and lag issues are a bit much lately.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    The tip I use is focus in one direction at a time. When there is too much content in the game we tend to get stressed trying to complete everything at every level. This is ridiculous and can spiral out of control.

Choose one direction and go towards it.
    Is it gaining resources like Alphas, T4B, Cats, etc? Then step back from champion arenas and enter the resource ones.
    Is it gaining gold and/or units? Do more arenas and less monthly quests.
    Are you trying to complete a story quest? Take a break from the monthly quests.

I think we all get fixated on doing everything as we want those rewards, but find out that it is definitely overwhelming. This game is whatever you make it. .
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    same here I have been waiting since February 2016 for them to increase summoner levels!!!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Leaving a competitive alliance and realizing you will never be able to keep up with the big spenders has kept my interest. Now I pretty much only do solo content. I haven’t done AW in forever and I honestly don’t care to.
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    Take a break, see how you do in about 2-3 weeks. Personally, I’ve played for about 2 years myself and took a small break from the game when this event started, like 3 weeks. Same frustrations you had w pulls and missing out on goals. Took a break and when I jumped back on, it really didn’t feel as enjoyable. The bugs just keep adding up and it’s just really not as fun. Went back to playing madden.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I think the question is whether you have a goal that's rewarding or exciting in and of itself. I'm a couple months from a second 5/65. I'm halfway through 100%ing Act 5, which will net a third 5/65. Those are two pretty big goals, aided by the fact I have champs to be excited about - Corvus as the 5/65 and Void being awakened and taken to a high sig.

I have had times in my 2+ years that I've been kind of aimless, and one good pull was all I needed to snap out of it.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    The Last Stand quests (all of them) are the worst content since this game came out. Nameless Thanos in Uncollected difficulty should have been a great chance to introduce Cavalier tier content so that those who are not god tier players can actually still defeat Uncollected difficulty. The Last Stand side quests where you got to use one Infinity Stone on one specific (old) Avenger was dumb as it can get. That the Last Stand crystals relied on RNG instead of you being able to buy something specific from a Last Stand store was beyond imagination level unfair. If I were a high level manager in Kabam I'd fire the whole department that signed on the content for the Last Stand events/rewards.

What made me carry on playing in spite the horrible content were two awesome 5* pulls and a few decent non-garbage pulls from the Greater Last Stand shards. Had it not been for these slightly inspiring pulls I probably would have quit this game halfway through the month.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    Raffster I have to agree. I’m hoping it’s just this month that’s left me feeling this way and that I get back my mojo for the game pretty soon. It’s difficult to disagree with anything you said, I’ve really not enjoyed this month.