**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Antman interactions

CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
After seeing other posts about the critical and cannot vs always with criticals, I have a question. I had 7 stacks of fury with crossbones...how was he glancing my attacks??

Comments

• Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    From this thread

Going by this illustration, glance cannot be negated (although thorns was already removed).

DNA3000 wrote: »

Take for example Ant-Man. Ant-Man has a signature ability where when you attack him there is a chance for the attack to "glance." When an attack glances, its damage is reduced and its offensive ability accuracy is reduced by 100 percentage points. In other words, for all intents and purposes the attack doesn't trigger any of its offensive abilities. So what happens when Elektra attacks Ant-Man (while under a debuff)? Answer: when the attack occurs, Ant-Man first has a chance to glance the attack. If the attack glances, Elektra's own defensive ability accuracy reduction fails to take effect: it doesn't chance the equation. You can see the net effect of this if you put Ant-Man on a thorns node in AW: if you attack Ant-Man on a thorns node with a champion with defensive ability accuracy reduction like Elektra or Black Widow, every glanced attack triggers thorns damage: their DAA doesn't work. Conversely, the DAA doesn't reduce the chance for an attack to glance. Glance happens first, then only if glance fails does DAA kick in to help the attacker (these days, of course, you're more likely to see Mordo on thorns nodes).

Google search>Forum Search