emma stone vs electro

emma is supposed to be immune to shock while in diamond form, yet still takes shock damage when attacking electro. is this a known bug?

Comments

• SquishyjrThe_4THSquishyjrThe_4TH Posts: 257
    edited June 12
    I don’t think know honestly but I can give it a try to explain. It deals energy damage to the opponent but is not a shock debuff or effect.
    The ability itself is called Static Shock so it is, it’s own thing. Just like how HT’s nova flames are not counted as incinerates which I find incredibly stupid and a gimmick.
    This is what I think considering the dumb name specifics of the game now has
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 240
    Emma Watson?
  • GrabGrab Posts: 31
    gosh darn it (check out the lack of profanity kabam), i’m not even an emma stone fan. thanks for the meme.
    so static shock is not a shock...makes complete sense 🙄
    edited June 12
    Grab said:

so static shock is not a shock...makes complete sense 🙄

Could be a bug, but now a days interactions are “working as intended”. Many examples of weird interactions how Rulk does physical damage based on heat charges which makes more sense if it were energy damage, but I can see why it’s physical.Goes back to passives vs active buffs and how special abilities affect other game mechanics
    Plus that ability is a short burst of damage not a DOT debuff/effect
    Another example of this is massacre VS incinerate immune champs. While In ignited mode he does burst energy damage instead of applying an incinerate debuff
    there’s logic in your explanation and that vagueness in the language acts as an escape clause, but “immune to all...effects” should mean all effects, not just DOT
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,639
    Electro doesn't actually inflict shock when you hit him he inflicts energy damage which emma isn't immune to.
    edited June 12
    Grab said:

there’s logic in your explanation and that vagueness in the language acts as an escape clause, but “immune to all...effects” should mean all effects, not just DOT

Haha, if you used that same deduction with my text on the game I’m sure you would have figured it out by now. I don’t see it as a escape clause when I provided a direct comparison which you can try yourself. Speaking generally about a subject doesn’t mean it’s vague. The first part is definitely a broad Generalization which I still lates lit the possibility of it being a bug
    I also admitted to not knowing but yet I provided an example and reasonings
    By all effects I’m sure it’s referring to passive and active debuffs
  • Sungj said:

Electro doesn't actually inflict shock when you hit him he inflicts energy damage which emma isn't immune to.

Yep I agree literally the very first thing I said
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 819
    Electro damage isn't shock damage, it’s just a burst of damage
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 196
    She puts electro in LaLa Land
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 17,594