**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Apply blackout periods for AW the same as AQ

There really needs to be a blackout period on rewards for anyone that joins a new alliance. My alliance usually stays in tier 2 where we win a little more than half the wars. If we ever go down to tier 3 we usually win all wars in the tier with ease. However, this past week we absolutely got steam rolled out of tier 2. Once we were in tier three, once again we got destroyed. We then went down to tier 4 for the first time in ages. First match, crushed once again. The alliances we faced were absolutely stacked, no doubt tier 1 material.

So I reached out to a few buddies that are in tier 1 alliances to see what is going on. Here to find out alliances are forming a secondary alliance. When one alliance is in tiers 4-2 they go to that crew while matchmaking is down. While they stuff their tier 1 alliance with beginner accounts. Then once the tiers of both alliances switch they follow.

He showed me screenshots of some of their more recent wars in tier 1. Alliances with 2200 war ratting but with less than 500k alliance rating. So I took it upon myself to go back on our war logs and see some of the alliances that we got steam rolled by. The ones that were now in tier 1 are filled with beginner accounts.

Kudos for the strategy but there should be a blackout period the same as AQ.

Comments

• Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Wouldn't change anything. Those allies are willing to sacrifice a week of AQ rewards, they would be willing to sacrifice AW rewards as well. Many of those allies go on extended winning streaks (obviously) after dropping down so losing 1k x 5* shards during blackout won't discourage.
  • Options
    KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    The whole reason for doing it is to have a constant flow of shards.
  • Options
    Yes, but winning 12-15 wars in a row (minus the initial 2 or 3 if blackout) gives greater rewards than 1 or 2 wins every week.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    That is way too much work lol
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Blackout period for AW---no, that's way too drastic.

I remember seeing this once in a former alliance about 8 months ago. Our AW rating was around 2400, tier 1, and we faced an alliance with similar war rating but very weak champs and that had obviously swapped with another alliance.

I have a friend whose alliance does this too. They don't care about AQ blackout or being down an AQ tier either because many of them have expiring t4cc. They want easy 4 and 5 star shards. They just drop to an alliance with 1400 AW rating. They'll win 10 in a row or so and switch again once they're in tier 1. Then rinse and repeat.

• Options
    And because I'm feeling generous I'll give the alliance tag (they just switched last week): RHSHL
  • Options
    Yes, but winning 12-15 wars in a row (minus the initial 2 or 3 if blackout) gives greater rewards than 1 or 2 wins every week.

Of course but, They would more than likely not war at all that week (if there was a week blackout). Which in turn means there's a better chance for normal T4-2 alliances to have a fair matchup.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    And because I'm feeling generous I'll give the alliance tag (they just switched last week): RHSHL

Those guys are absolute animals. We were at like 2600 war rating and they went 100% on all 3 BGs. If you face them do NOT spend. Interesting though, I think you violated some terms of the message board here. You may face your own blackout LOL.

Honestly, BG2 seemed to do the most damage. They killed everything they saw and rarely died. The weak link being some dude with Mordo as his avatar.
  • Options
    Rwhack, you're hilarious---you're in that alliance.
  • Options
    Why do I feel like he has Mordo as his profile pic...
  • Options
    Why do I feel like he has Mordo as his profile pic...

Sig 100 Iceman.
  • Options

I'm just saying BG2 rules and don't spend if you see us. Call it a public service.
  • Options
    DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    rwhack wrote: »

I'm just saying BG2 rules and don't spend if you see us. Call it a public service.

Then why were you refering to your alliance in 3rd person?
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The only way to fix this that I can see is to use prestige as a significant factor in matchmaking. The fact that a 12 million alliance with a 1400 war rating, because they jumped, can be paired with a 6 million alliance that also has a 1400 war rating is a joke.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @rwhack doesn't it get boring fighting nothing but low alliances in war? You're giving a public service for alliances with 1500 war ratings to not spend if they get matched up with your 12 million alliance? LMAO
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Agreed gives players an uneven playing field to get extra 5* shards by switching alliances and getting easier match ups. However this is Kabam we are dealing with , so I don't even bother complaining because they don't care.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    There's always gonna be freeloaders in games who wanna take advantage of things, wish Kabam would be fair and do something about this
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    keep on bumping it guys
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Refer to a previous post by Mr. Verus of MMX

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/13600/new-game-format-alliance-wars-brackets

Temporary solution would be to incorporate AQ with AW. A cost / resource of some sort that can only be earned in AQ which is required to join AW.

Maybe some sort of penalty system for losing. To make it competitive!

You want shards? Must fight and earn it. None of that DO NOT SPEND bs. All out WAR!
  • Options
    Immortal wrote: »

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/13600/new-game-format-alliance-wars-brackets

Temporary solution would be to incorporate AQ with AW. A cost / resource of some sort that can only be earned in AQ which is required to join AW.

You want shards? Must fight and earn it. None of that DO NOT SPEND bs. All out WAR!

@Immortal how would this be a solution for high powered alliances jumping to low alliances so that they can win every war by having easy matchups? You want to punish the low alliance who just got destroyed?
  • Options
    It definitely angers me that there are many alliances that are jumping ships in order to win this so called "easy war" because our normal wait time in queue average around 3-5 hours or so. If by changing this, it will speed up the speed in which games are matched, I am all for it.

Now the so called low alliance who gets destroyed... aren't you all doing the SAME EXACT thing by not giving it your all each war so eventually you get to match against us?

Like the saying... you can't have your cake and eat it too...
  • Options
    A T4 alliance shouldn't have to face a normal T1 alliance. How can that alliance steadily reach T1 or even T2 when they keep going up against monsters.
  • Options
    If they can't beat a tier 1 alliance, then they aren't a tier 1 alliance. Pretty simple, I think.

Allies always end up in the tier they belong. Nothing has changed now. You lose this one and win the next instead of win this one and lose the next. No long term changes have happened.
  • Options
    Disregard my previous suggestion.
  • Options
    Mirk_varMirk_var Posts: 85
    Another senseless crying post
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Alliances that do this move to a shell and reap rewards for weeks. Missing one week will be meaningless and stop nothing. This only hurts the people who actually just moved alliances. I think AQ blackouts are completely useless now too with the new brackets.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Immortal wrote: »

You want us to pay more for something we already have? How about no. I bet you just want it based on prestige like AQ so you can reap the rewards of simply having higher prestige champs
  • Options
    If they can't beat a tier 1 alliance, then they aren't a tier 1 alliance. Pretty simple, I think.

Allies always end up in the tier they belong. Nothing has changed now. You lose this one and win the next instead of win this one and lose the next. No long term changes have happened.

I'd like to see a normal and honest T4 alliance beat a standard T1 alliance.
  • Options
    KML15 wrote: »

I'd like to see a normal and honest T4 alliance beat a standard T1 alliance.

Your statement was that a T4 ally can't progress to T1 because of these allies swapping. I'm saying if they can't beat a T1, then they would never make it to T1 anyway. So nothing changed, they just faced a better ally this war.