**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Event Quest Discussion

Has anyone ever noticed that the Rewards for Clearing the Heroic Version of the Monthly event quest are superior to the rewards of Master ? Master Completion gives a guaranteed 3 star crystal , whereas the completion of Heroic gives an Ultimate Crystal ( 20% chance of a four star) I just find this odd as Master mode is a lot more difficult to clear and gives terrible rewards

Comments

• LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 174
    I know that’s heroic rewards have been changed this month and think that master reward need a buff also. ( Kabam Im Loving this Monthly Event Btw)
  • ZipioZipio Posts: 128

I know that’s heroic rewards have been changed this month and think that master reward need a buff also. ( Kabam Im Loving this Monthly Event Btw)

You get more four and five star shards in master now. Also a fully formed 4 star on completion.
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 174
    I mean on initial completion
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Overall master would still be better due to chapter completion rewards (not sure I don’t do them anymore)
  • I mean on initial completion

The Ultimate Crystal is the 1 major thing that could be construed as superior. 1 thing. Based solely on luck via RNG. It's aimed at lower tier players that could use a boost. Mid tier that attack Master on the regular need more guarantees. You get more t1as, 4* shards, more t4cc frag crystals, and more t4bc frags for base completion. Versus the base completion awards for Heroic which award less of everything short of ISO-8. So in what world are Heroic rewards superior to that of Master? 1 crystal and some ISO? That's not enough in my eyes.

Here's the breakdown of EACH in total for Completion

Heroic

1× Ultimate Crystal
    2× T3 Basic Catalysts
    2× T1 Alpha Catalysts
    7,200× T4 Basic Catalyst Frags
    5× T4 Class Catalyst Frag Crystals
    18× T4 Basic ISO-8
    2,000× PHC Shards
    8,000 Gold

Master

1× 3* Crystal
    800× 4* Crystal Shards
    10× 4* Signature Stone Crystals
    3× T1 Alpha Catalysts
    41× T4 Class Catalyst Frag Cryatals
    26,000× T4 Basic Catalyst Frags
    3× T5 Basic ISO-8
    11,000 Gold

The ONLY thing you get a BIT more of, is ISO-8. Oh, and that lovely PHC that will more than likely hand you a nice 2* Champion. Amazing, right? Note, this is all based around your 1st run through each difficulty via the Chapter and Act Rewards. Master CLEARLY gives more. The exploration rewards are also NOTABLY superior, but all this can be found in their breakdowns of the rewards in the announcements. I just broke down the totals of each with 1 run through for visual comparison.

Let's also note the rewards are more catered to the player's progression. Like I said before, the Ultimate Crystal is something that could possibly, maybe throw a lower tier player a bone by awarding a 4* champ. In Master, if you explore the whole of it, you're GUARANTEED 2× 4* crystals now. You get a maybe 4*, and half a 4* crystal for exploration of Heroic. So no, I haven't noticed that the rewards for clearing Heroic are superior to Master in any way simply because, they're really not.

If Master is too hard, then you're probably not ready for it. Heroic is likely better catering to your current progression if you think for even a moment that Heroic rewards are 'superior.' Master gives pretty decent rewards all things considered. I clear it, and UC monthly because they both give useful stuff for where I'm currently at. Now there's MORE incentive for me to clear Master as it's giving more rewards than before.