Options

Hyperion generates too much power all of random

2»

Comments

  • Options
    Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    wolf wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree (mostly because he's my top champ) but he's manageable on map 6. I don't think a nerf is necessary....for him at least.
    I am against nerfing any champ. Hyperion is annoying, but manageable.

    You have a 4k champ vs a 7k Hyperion that: 1. generates often big ammount of power, 2. have a long heavy attack, so you need to dash back twice if you don't wanna get hit, 3. causes incinerate in his E1

    If you attack him, he fills his power meter. If you don't, he also fills it. On the time you wait he use special 1 or 2, he may just fill enough to get special 3.

    How is that manageable?

    It's managed by the many power control/ power lock champions out there. If you don't have any of them then you should have did the basic arena for them.

  • Options
    Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Rvz wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    My question is why DS power gain was nerfed but then they give insane power gain to hyperion!

    Hyperion's power gain should be similar to DS. We need this nerf as soon as possible!

    you can say the same thing about his health regen, SWs to. nerf it to hell, but give lots of regen to voodoo and GR. weird.

    Voodoos regen is pretty bad tho would not consider it op
  • Options
    Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    DJSmitty21 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the one's who lack skill, can't adapt and has no strategy complains​ and want certain Champions to be nerfed?? I see taking the easy way out is alot of people choices. Home your skills. Nerfing in my opinion is the last thing we as players and Kabam as the game developers should do.

    Ain't about honing any skills (not home your skills)
    Kabam loves to balance champs, well they should balance him// or they should leave him the way he is because if I get him from arena after spending a lot of time and they nerf him, Oh God.....

    It absolutely is about skill people have a hard time fighting a champ with clear counters so now they wanna nerf since they don't want to put in the effort to fight him no not every champ should be simple no kabam is not going to go around knocking good champs down a notch for the lols
  • Options
    CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    edited May 2017
    wolf wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree (mostly because he's my top champ) but he's manageable on map 6. I don't think a nerf is necessary....for him at least.
    I am against nerfing any champ. Hyperion is annoying, but manageable.

    You have a 4k champ vs a 7k Hyperion that: 1. generates often big ammount of power, 2. have a long heavy attack, so you need to dash back twice if you don't wanna get hit, 3. causes incinerate in his E1

    If you attack him, he fills his power meter. If you don't, he also fills it. On the time you wait he use special 1 or 2, he may just fill enough to get special 3.

    How is that manageable?

    It's managed by the many power control/ power lock champions out there. If you don't have any of them then you should have did the basic arena for them.

    Agreed. Hyperion is tough but there are tougher champs out there and he can certainly be managed with power control champs. I also usually fight him without a power control champ. His specials are super easy to bait. Hyperion is typically in t1 AW on power gain node and I usually take him out without losing much health. Mordo is much more difficult than Hyperion in my opinion.
  • Options
    Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Perhaps this should be mildly nerfed at best. I really do not like Hyperion, but he's not impossible. Just the same, when he nails you with 2 SP3 attacks in one match while you're decimating him only to die after the second attack is indeed a little irritating. The 1st one isn't that bad, but the 2nd one ends up dealing 3x more damage than the 1st. The power gain cut off should occur at SP2 fill at minimum. The character is already a beast without power gain. So a MILD nerfing might be the way. Although, I do understand how this irritates those that rely on him as a primary champ. Would a power gain cutoff at SP2 be that bad? Hyperion owners? What say you?

    Yes it
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    My question is why DS power gain was nerfed but then they give insane power gain to hyperion!

    Hyperion's power gain should be similar to DS. We need this nerf as soon as possible!

    I actually kind of agree with you for once. You see, DS has this power gain that cannot be stopped, hence his power gain nerf, while Hyperion's power gain can be stopped by nullifying it. Seems like a justifiable reasoning right? Not exactly.

    DS may have a passive power gain, but he CAN be stopped with power steal, power lock, and power drain. Hyperion has a power gain buff that along with the aforementioned strategies, can be nullified, but that's really all there is to it.

    It's a good question, why nerf DS's power gain, when it can be stopped. Why doesn't Hyperion get this same treatment? He not only gains power faster than Dr Strange, but he can also gain power through getting hit, or hitting the opponent. That is way better than pre-nerf Dr Strange.

    I'm not saying this cuz I can't kill Hyperion, I have a Magik and she works wonders against him. But looking at it from an average player's standpoint who may not have Magik or a power-controlling champion, it does seem quite overpowered. So, I agree that Hyperion's power gain may need to be tweaked a little.

    One he is not built for the average player to fight

    2 strange had regen which kinda set him apart hey hype does but it's a lot to get it to activate

    And if you don't have a power gain champ then instead of nerf him don't fight him r find a another way nerfing a champ just because someone is not equip to deal with them is bad
  • Options
    CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    Cheyneed wrote: »
    Now, back to the OP. I do not believe Hyperion is overpowered. His specials are easy to bait. He is a pretty easy fight with a power control champ and I would say he is even manageable without one. I fought him last AW on power gain node with DD. I did take one l3 but I survived and finished the fight.

  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    My question is why DS power gain was nerfed but then they give insane power gain to hyperion!

    Hyperion's power gain should be similar to DS. We need this nerf as soon as possible!

    I actually kind of agree with you for once. You see, DS has this power gain that cannot be stopped, hence his power gain nerf, while Hyperion's power gain can be stopped by nullifying it. Seems like a justifiable reasoning right? Not exactly.

    DS may have a passive power gain, but he CAN be stopped with power steal, power lock, and power drain. Hyperion has a power gain buff that along with the aforementioned strategies, can be nullified, but that's really all there is to it.

    It's a good question, why nerf DS's power gain, when it can be stopped. Why doesn't Hyperion get this same treatment? He not only gains power faster than Dr Strange, but he can also gain power through getting hit, or hitting the opponent. That is way better than pre-nerf Dr Strange.

    I'm not saying this cuz I can't kill Hyperion, I have a Magik and she works wonders against him. But looking at it from an average player's standpoint who may not have Magik or a power-controlling champion, it does seem quite overpowered. So, I agree that Hyperion's power gain may need to be tweaked a little.


    I am not saying they kill hyperion, he should stop gaining passive power after he reaches SP1. Kabam is not changing him because he is AQ mini like Mordo. They designed this 2 champs with AQ and AW in mind just like the nonsense limbo.

    To those arguing about lack of skill, respectfully disagree. I finished LOL so i have skills, your points are without facts. I adapt myself to game styles but we got to also be fair and we need a proper balance in the game.

    Bottom line is that hyperion power gain should be adjusted.

    Mordo power gain should be adjusted.


  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,306 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    My question is why DS power gain was nerfed but then they give insane power gain to hyperion!

    Hyperion's power gain should be similar to DS. We need this nerf as soon as possible!

    I actually kind of agree with you for once. You see, DS has this power gain that cannot be stopped, hence his power gain nerf, while Hyperion's power gain can be stopped by nullifying it. Seems like a justifiable reasoning right? Not exactly.

    DS may have a passive power gain, but he CAN be stopped with power steal, power lock, and power drain. Hyperion has a power gain buff that along with the aforementioned strategies, can be nullified, but that's really all there is to it.

    It's a good question, why nerf DS's power gain, when it can be stopped. Why doesn't Hyperion get this same treatment? He not only gains power faster than Dr Strange, but he can also gain power through getting hit, or hitting the opponent. That is way better than pre-nerf Dr Strange.

    I'm not saying this cuz I can't kill Hyperion, I have a Magik and she works wonders against him. But looking at it from an average player's standpoint who may not have Magik or a power-controlling champion, it does seem quite overpowered. So, I agree that Hyperion's power gain may need to be tweaked a little.


    I am not saying they kill hyperion, he should stop gaining passive power after he reaches SP1. Kabam is not changing him because he is AQ mini like Mordo. They designed this 2 champs with AQ and AW in mind just like the nonsense limbo.

    To those arguing about lack of skill, respectfully disagree. I finished LOL so i have skills, your points are without facts. I adapt myself to game styles but we got to also be fair and we need a proper balance in the game.

    Bottom line is that hyperion power gain should be adjusted.

    Mordo power gain should be adjusted.


    Power Gain alone is not what makes a Champ OP. Major changes and nerfs are not done lightly, or because one particular Champ has a strength that stands out. There will always be some Champ that people prefer to use for one aspect of the game. That isn't the same as overall game balance. Have to say I disagree. There is no reason that those Champs need to be adjusted just because they present a challenge in AQ and AW. We will always have Champs like that. Otherwise the game is not a challenge at all.
  • Options
    Steal_Eye1Steal_Eye1 Posts: 11
    Don't worry, nerf will happen when he is on enough rosters and after people spend money to rank him up, lol
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    DJSmitty21 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the one's who lack skill, can't adapt and has no strategy complains​ and want certain Champions to be nerfed?? I see taking the easy way out is alot of people choices. Home your skills. Nerfing in my opinion is the last thing we as players and Kabam as the game developers should do.

    Funny I thought the same thing about the people who have the champs then complain when they are nerfed. Take Dr Strange. I have him and think he is still one of the best champs in the game. But all the complainers who state that he is useless now must have no skill/clue how to play him.
  • Options
    OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Unreal... some of the comments here are borderline embarrassing. This is what we have come to? A champion is too hard to fight so they need to be nerfed. Then let's compare a new champ to an old champ and say that's another reason why they need a nerf. Majority of new champs will always have better abilities than old champs i.e. Iceman ice armor versus mags sig ability. One game mode Alliance Wars apparently now is a reason to call for a nerf??? You guys can't be serious. I fight in tier 1 expert 2300+ war rating and the last hero anyone is worried about is hyperion. It's a mystic war. When will you guys realize that kabam never cared about actually balancing the game?? That was just an excuse. What did 12.0 really do? Did it level the playing field for the haves and have nots? Nope did it bridge the gap from the top tier guys to the lower tier guys ? Nope. The game became harder for everyone. The game will never be balanced that should be common sense by now. Certain heroes will be highly desired others will irritate the **** out of you when you get them, but to think the solution to adversity is just nerf away is asinine. please stop using the "balancing excuse"for nerfing. As I said earlier SKILL and STRATEGY is the key to adversity. That's how you get past Magjik and limbo in aw that ticks for 800+, MD, OG vision on the start with 2 bars of power node knowing his 1st synthesis puts him at an s3 almost immediately. Scrub your alliance rosters and plan lines in AW accordingly. This thread is just sad that this is what our gaming community has come to.
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    Perhaps this should be mildly nerfed at best. I really do not like Hyperion, but he's not impossible. Just the same, when he nails you with 2 SP3 attacks in one match while you're decimating him only to die after the second attack is indeed a little irritating. The 1st one isn't that bad, but the 2nd one ends up dealing 3x more damage than the 1st. The power gain cut off should occur at SP2 fill at minimum. The character is already a beast without power gain. So a MILD nerfing might be the way. Although, I do understand how this irritates those that rely on him as a primary champ. Would a power gain cutoff at SP2 be that bad? Hyperion owners? What say you?

    I think this is a good idea. Let the people who have him spam his SP1 and 2, but have to earn that SP3. He would still be one of the best champs this way.
  • Options
    RealPastorRealPastor Posts: 82
    When I see 6000 HYPERION in arena while i have 3000 heroes I know - this is my death. When I meet there 8000 Magik or SL I know - they are dead. Hyp is overpowed and I think more than mordo or magik.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    DJSmitty21 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the one's who lack skill, can't adapt and has no strategy complains​ and want certain Champions to be nerfed?? I see taking the easy way out is alot of people choices. Home your skills. Nerfing in my opinion is the last thing we as players and Kabam as the game developers should do.

    Ain't about honing any skills (not home your skills)
    Kabam loves to balance champs, well they should balance him// or they should leave him the way he is because if I get him from arena after spending a lot of time and they nerf him, Oh God.....

    It absolutely is about skill people have a hard time fighting a champ with clear counters so now they wanna nerf since they don't want to put in the effort to fight him no not every champ should be simple no kabam is not going to go around knocking good champs down a notch for the lols

    Yea I have counters to him
    Nullifiers power lockers etc
    But it doesn't change the fact that fighting Hyperion is irritating
    Well you wouldn't complain because you have him and he's your top champ (I think your judgement is biased and before you blow up about skill and **** I have a considerable amount of skill/ /not a noob.)
    A preferable fix would be that the AI control on Hyperion should trigger specials much frequently before getting to sp3 (like those sp1 or 2 biased) or like a player above suggested his power gain should stop at sp2 bar.
  • Options
    CapAlvesCapAlves Posts: 5
    No

    He is amazing.
  • Options
    ITS IRONIC AN ICEMAN STARTED
    IF YOU HAVE A 2000 ICEMAN FIGHTING 4400 HYPERION AND ARMOUR IS ON...
    AND HE 3 COSMIC CHARGES
    HE DOES 0% DAMAGE TO YOU
    OP THIS BOOOOYYYY
  • Options
    I despise how much power Hyperion gains, and how DS doesn't seem to cancel it out ever...let's hope that gets fixed.
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    He has insane power gain. Ok i m not against it. I just want a timer between two power gain buff. The randomness is not fair for hyperion.
  • Options
    FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    If you have trouble beating Hyperion, then you're bad at this easy game. NEVER even consider making another nerf this champion post again just because you're bad at the game. YOU and only YOU nerf crybabbies are the reason they got by with 12.0. Just uninstall if you're not good enough.
  • Options
    Mad_RagewolfMad_Ragewolf Posts: 103
    Hyperion is just fine... just deal with it guys :) use Magik, SW, Hawkeye, Vision etc.
  • Options
    EchEch Posts: 14
    Cant understand why ppl complain about power gain nerf on DS? I mean they lowered the amount of health u could regain under that buff, and if they hadn't slowed his power gain down it would have been almost 0 life regained, now u have the time to actually regain som health? Sure I loved my Strange before the 12 update and I had just R5ed him, and sure I dont use him almost ever anymore, but I can still see why they nerfed the power gain, not the rest but that's another story.. As someone here said, if u have like Magik and MD with about 3 points, Hyperion FEEDS your power gain so u get to sp2 faster than an eye can blink and poof, power lock madness..
  • Options
    Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Guys it's really time to stop all these NERF talks this **** has gotten out of hand and really needs to stop!
  • Options
    Mystic_ReaperMystic_Reaper Posts: 50
    So any champ you can't figure out needs to be nerfed??
    There's so many options to counter his power gain why always try make things easy for those without the skills or smarts to defeat a challenging opponent?
  • Options
    Mad_RagewolfMad_Ragewolf Posts: 103
    Stop all these NERF talks, deal with it, just find a way to beat the game...
  • Options
    wolfwolf Posts: 106
    Hyperion is just fine... just deal with it guys :) use Magik, SW, Hawkeye, Vision etc.

    No way, he is not. As long as his power gain activates really often:

    If you don't attack him, he gains power.

    if you attack him, he gains double power.

    Nothing you can do in the end to avoid him to gain power. The only thing you can expect is that he isn't holding power to launch E3, otherwise you're screwed if his PI is 30% higher than yours.

  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,306 ★★★★★
    Power Lock, Power Drain, Nullify, Counterspell....
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    wolf wrote: »
    Hyperion is just fine... just deal with it guys :) use Magik, SW, Hawkeye, Vision etc.

    No way, he is not. As long as his power gain activates really often:

    If you don't attack him, he gains power.

    if you attack him, he gains double power.

    Nothing you can do in the end to avoid him to gain power. The only thing you can expect is that he isn't holding power to launch E3, otherwise you're screwed if his PI is 30% higher than yours.

    That's why we have energy damage in so many champs.

    If you cant play with them and debuff Hyperion, then, we should buff your skills, since it's pretty easy to control energy, even with tech champs.
  • Options
    I'm guessing the people that want Hyperion nerfed don't have him
Sign In or Register to comment.