**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Am I totally nuts, or do some champs have much slower combo hits than others?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
Specifically, I'm currently thinking of x23 and sabre in particular. I'm sure there are others. But yeah, both of those champs throw hits in their combo markedly slower than other champs. At least on my device (pixel 3XL). Anyone else notice this? It's actually making me select other champs over them when selecting my team for something. I mean, they aren't the cream of the crop among my choices anyway, but this has become a deal breaker for using them for me.

Comments

• LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 170
    Not sure about this one , but it feels like Aegon 5 to 6 combo is much faster than someone like Korg
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Champs have different animations which I would assume consist of different amounts of frames to render them so yes they probably have different timings with some being more different than others. I always had a problem with SL combo timing back when I was using him as a 4* for some reason
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

I always had a problem with SL combo timing back when I was using him as a 4* for some reason

Interesting. I just got Ægon 4* to max rank and I am wondering if I made a mistake. Difficult to play. Star-Lord however, easiest to manage.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I always had a problem with SL combo timing back when I was using him as a 4* for some reason

Interesting. I just got Ægon 4* to max rank and I am wondering if I made a mistake. Difficult to play. Star-Lord however, easiest to manage.

I have a 5/65 200 aegon and the only odd timing I've found with him is launching a special after his double medium kick. You have to launch it earlier than you'd expect I've found
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    this is a known issue with the size of champs. This si something that has been seen from the EQ/WOW days, larger animations tend to be perceived by the human eye as being slower even if they are not.
  • BDeezyBDeezy Posts: 119
    I have found that with sabertooth you do need to throw the special 1 a bit quicker than other champs. I love him but used to get my special 1 blocked so many times
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    What I find is that I can actually mess up my inputs because of it. If I've just played any other champ who throws it's hits more quickly, it throws off my input timing when switching to one of them. There's an adjustment period where I'm actually not finishing my combo or throwing a medium as the 4th hit instead of the 5th, etc. As no one really taps out each light attack, we swipe, tap until 3 lights performed then swipe, there's a marked difference in the amount of time the 3 lights are performed. So it just throws off my rhythm.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    I don't think it's a matter of getting used to it. Been playing daily for over 2 years. I have both sabre and x23 as 4/55, but also have many others at 4/55 or 5/65. All is to say, they aren't really my top champs for anything, but I'd still like to use them from time to time. Also yeah, sometimes SL is a little sluggish as well as some others. Seems to depend on the day for him though. It also may be that the update that rendered all champs combo hits to have even spacing effected some champs differently than others. (This wasn't in response to comment above, was still typing when it went through, was more in response to the play more arena comment)