Unique synergy stacks

Avengersfan1221Avengersfan1221 Member Posts: 11

I am curious to find what exactly "Unique synergies do not stack" means and I cant find it anywhere....
I understand that SE Spideys synergy doesnt stack more than once with the two vultures, and that GG synergy doesnt stack more than once if you only have one GG, but in a case like this, are both GG synergies active, making SE Spideys crit hits give 15% more power times 2 since both GG have synergy active? There are multiple ways to do this with different champs, and I havent found anything to clarify.

Comments

• Avengersfan1221Avengersfan1221 Member Posts: 11
    So basically what I am asking in this scenario is does the seething hatred synergy effect work twice since it's on both GG the same way nemesis is on vulture twice.... where I understand that avengers tryout is only being activated once because it's only on one SE Spidey, with two vultures
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Member Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    As far as I understand it, it does not work twice but rather only the synergy of the 4* Goblin. Otherwise, it would mean that it stacks twice. And the description says it does not. It has to be this way because you can not have a 4* Goblin twice on your team so it must be the synergy from a lower tier version of GG. In your case the 3* version.
    That's what I was unclear of... what I THOUGHT was that the "does not stack" meant if you had one GG and a Classic spidey and SE Spidey, that you wouldnt get the bonus twice... it's not clear about activating the synergy on two separate GG though
    The avengers tryout synergy on SE Spidey would work for both 3* and 4* vulture getting +40% incinerate damage right?
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Member Posts: 1,123 Guardian

That's what I was unclear of... what I THOUGHT was that the "does not stack" meant if you had one GG and a Classic spidey and SE Spidey, that you wouldnt get the bonus twice... it's not clear about activating the synergy on two separate GG though

That's the same with classic synergies like +115 critical damage which is activated by one of three possible champions. If you put in all three of them, you only get +115 crit damage once and not +335 crit damages. But if you put the original champion in different tiers into your team, with only one champion which activates the synergy, you do get a multiplier for the synergy. And there is no information about stacking or not stacking.

An Example with 4* Corvus' "Infinity enemies(?) Lv.3" synergie. He gets +6% damage with Nebula, Thor Rag, Dr. Strange and OG Cap America. If you put all of these champions in your team, you still get only +6% damage. If you stick with only one champion (Nebula) but add to your 4* Corvus a 3 * and a 5* Corvus you will get the synergy bonus of the other tier Champions. +5% and +7% damage, I guess. Don't know the exact amount.

So "duplicate synergy" means it comes from a second champion with the exact same synergy. In your case, a 3* GG.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

So basically what I am asking in this scenario is does the seething hatred synergy effect work twice since it's on both GG the same way nemesis is on vulture twice.... where I understand that avengers tryout is only being activated once because it's only on one SE Spidey, with two vultures

nope. you can only have one unique synergy with the same name active, regardless of how many champs have it, while the "nemesis" synergy can stack (but only if you have champs with the synergy, not that activate the synergy).

to better understand:

- Unique Synergies with the same name can't stack (so only one Seething Hatred synergy is active);
    - normal Synergies can stack (so both Nemesis synergies are active)
    - 2 Vultures and a Sparky will activate both "Nemesis" synergies, but a Doc Oc with OG Spidey and Sparky will only activate "Nemesis" one time.

Hope that it helps :)
    It does, thanks for clarifying. It wouldve been less confusing I suppose if the duplicate unique synergies didnt activate, but knowing it was of the same name helped.
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Some have already got it spot on in here. For Synergies listed as a Unique Synergy, only one instance of the Synergy can be active per quest. Adding additional Champions to the team who could activate it doesn't provide any additional benefit.
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Member Posts: 483 ★★★
    Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but I'm bumping it because I have a question regarding Red Skull's "Dark Illuminati" synergy. According to the description, it says it grants villain champs 20% armor but it is a unique synergy. Does this mean it grants 20% armor to the synergy members or any villain on your team?

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but I'm bumping it because I have a question regarding Red Skull's "Dark Illuminati" synergy. According to the description, it says it grants villain champs 20% armor but it is a unique synergy. Does this mean it grants 20% armor to the synergy members or any villain on your team?

20% armor to all villains. It means you can’t add a second one of those synergy members and stack another 20% on top of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey guys,

All villains on the team. Unique synergy just means it can't be raised to 40%+ by adding multiple synergy members.
    Thank you for the responses guys!
    I have another question I'd like to run by you guys to see if I'm reading this correctly.

Vulture has a synergy with Venom that increases his critical resistance during special attacks based on Vulture's armor rating. Vulture's base armor is 213 (at R3 6 star) but his armor up buff gives him an additional 1759.09 armor rating.

In order to determine the total critical resistance the Venom synergy would provide, I took 1759.09 + 213 = 1972.09

using the stat calculator on Aunt Mai's website, the percentage comes to 47.8% armor rating. If I were to add an additional 538 armor rating (this is from Red Skull's Dark Illuminati 20% armor rating synergy with Kingpin) the total critical resistance Vulture would benefit from would be 53.9%

Are my calculations correct? These stats can get a little confusing sometimes.
    edited June 2023
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

I have another question I'd like to run by you guys to see if I'm reading this correctly.

Vulture has a synergy with Venom that increases his critical resistance during special attacks based on Vulture's armor rating. Vulture's base armor is 213 (at R3 6 star) but his armor up buff gives him an additional 1759.09 armor rating.

In order to determine the total critical resistance the Venom synergy would provide, I took 1759.09 + 213 = 1972.09

using the stat calculator on Aunt Mai's website, the percentage comes to 47.8% armor rating. If I were to add an additional 538 armor rating (this is from Red Skull's Dark Illuminati 20% armor rating synergy with Kingpin) the total critical resistance Vulture would benefit from would be 53.9%

Are my calculations correct? These stats can get a little confusing sometimes.

The synergy would only add to Vulture’s base armor rating. Armor Up being a buff would cause it to function separately from the synergy unless it were a synergy that increases buff potency, which this synergy does not. So that 20% would only add 40-some armor.

So yes, Venom would add crit resistance according to Vulture’s total armor at the time of the special, but no, the 20% armor synergy would not add to the total armor at that time, only to base armor rating.
    The synergy would only add to Vulture’s base armor rating. Armor Up being a buff would cause it to function separately from the synergy unless it were a synergy that increases buff potency, which this synergy does not. So that 20% would only add 40-some armor.

So yes, Venom would add crit resistance according to Vulture’s total armor at the time of the special, but no, the 20% armor synergy would not add to the total armor at that time, only to base armor rating.

Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying. It's a shame that the Red Skull synergy doesn't buff up the overall armor, just the base armor.

Although... something doesn't add up. If the Venom synergy boosts Vulture's critical resistance based on the armor rating present during the special attack, wouldn't that be taking into account Vulture's base armor and his armor buff? So even if the Red Skull synergy only boosted his base armor, it would still amount to 53.9% critical resistance, no?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying. It's a shame that the Red Skull synergy doesn't buff up the overall armor, just the base armor.

Although... something doesn't add up. If the Venom synergy boosts Vulture's critical resistance based on the armor rating present during the special attack, wouldn't that be taking into account Vulture's base armor and his armor buff? So even if the Red Skull synergy only boosted his base armor, it would still amount to 53.9% critical resistance, no?
    Not exactly. To simplify it, the equation would look more like (213 + 20%) + 1759 = ? rather than your (213 + 1759) + 20%. Since the 1759 is from the buff, that part just wouldn't count towards the 20% increase.
    edited June 2023
    It wouldn’t be 53.9%. That was the number you had when adding 20% to his armor with the armor up buff. Since Venom’s synergy happens at a specific time, it will take into account the number it needs to understand at that specific time. So you will get the base rating (213), plus the 20% (43), plus the armor up (1759) which would land you somewhere just above 48% resistance. So the Venom synergy still benefits, Red Skull’s added synergy is just not going to be a noticeable benefit for a champ that gets most of his benefit from a buff rather than from his base kit.

Red Skull’s synergy is with all villains, not just villains that have armor up buffs, so it needs a baseline to start and that baseline is a champs base armor rating.

Mr.0-8-4 said:

Not exactly. To simplify it, the equation would look more like (213 + 20%) + 1759 = ? rather than your (213 + 1759) + 20%. Since the 1759 is from the buff, that part just wouldn't count towards the 20% increase.
    Oh! I just got it. Thank you for taking the time to explain that!

Cheers!

It wouldn’t be 53.9%. That was the number you had when adding 20% to his armor with the armor up buff. Since Venom’s synergy happens at a specific time, it will take into account the number it needs to understand at that specific time. So you will get the base rating (213), plus the 20% (43), plus the armor up (1759) which would land you somewhere just above 48% resistance. So the Venom synergy still benefits, Red Skull’s added synergy is just not going to be a noticeable benefit for a champ that gets most of his benefit from a buff rather than from his base kit.

Red Skull’s synergy is with all villains, not just villains that have armor up buffs, so it needs a baseline to start and that baseline is a champs base armor rating.

Ah, I see what you mean. It literally clicked in a second after I sent that last message. Thank you for your response. It's been most insightful.
    Despite Red Skull's synergy not benefiting Vulture as much as I thought, it's not a huge loss considering Red Skull (in his current state) is kinda dead weight on quests. I really hope he gets a buff soon because his design is really cool, I just wish he could do more with the cosmic cube (radiation poisoning perhaps? Power detonation debuff like Ikirus or Mordo?)

The sky is the limit.