**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cull Obsidian's Hits No Longer Pause Duration of Thanos's Favor Buffs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    GrizzleG said:

GrizzleG said:

I've been playing with my R4 Cull in Motnthly EQ on epic and its true, his true strike is failing with 10 charges up.

Show it then. It's worked everytime for me.
    Sorry, I mean his true strike is working, but only for like 10 seconds at the beginning. Ill be mid combo with cull at 10 charges on these spider-verse champs and their evades will fail once or twice before they evade and wreck me, and every time its because the stacks fell off leaving me with just the one initial Thanos' favor charge remaining. No point in me posting another video about it. Kabam knows it exists. I doubt it will get fixed this month especially considering how he's the perfect counter to this months content. it sucks man, i just R4'd mine this month.
    Venom is more of a perfect counter than Cull because of spider gwen.
  • Options
    Djkrdjj said:

DalBot said:

Djkrdjj said:

Jestress said:

Ultra8529 said:

No. When have they compensated for a bug on a champion? Is he your only champion to use? I say this as I have a 5/65 Cull. I expect him to be fixed but there won't be compensation.

Never and probably that is the problem. All bugs should be compensated since players incur real costs to play with champs that do not perform as they should.
    If you don't use Cull, you don't take the risk of incurring costs... weird how that works. Just like if you don't play a bugged quest I.E act 6 champion boss, you won't incur costs fighting a bugged fight. Crazy concept.
    If Kabam QC'd their content before they released it, these problems wouldn't exist. Mind. Blown.
    Not saying they do a perfect job but tell me 1 mobile game out there these days that doesn't have bugs on as large of scale as this game?
    Clash of clans
    https://www.gottabemobile.com/clash-of-clans-update-bugs-problems-fixes/

Clash Royale
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/c7sx52/july_update_bug_thread/

Brawl stars
    https://blog.brawlstars.com/blog/release-notes/update-has-arrived-1.html

@Djkrdjj Try again please.
    You know you just linked to pages where the developers acknowledged the issue, states what they're doing and tries to give ETAs right?

Right? Is that too much to ask for?
    And? I said name any mobile game that doesn't have bugs thats played on as large of a scale as MCOC is. He/she listed those games. Those games have bugs, just like any other game out there. The fact is, all mobile games are going to have bugs no matter how good a developer is. Same with console or PC games. You'll never get away from it.
    Lol u think u disapproved me
    I’ve played these games religiously
    The thing is all u proved is that their were bugs
    What I’m saying was that these bugs were so stupid and small and didn’t effect me at all and I didn’t notice them
    I never said there were no bugs
    Obviously a game has to have bugs
    But they polish their game and make sure they release a well done copy so the bugs are very rare and can’t really be noticed
    And i said show me a game without any bugs. ANY.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

And i said show me a game without any bugs. ANY.

stop being so disingenuous. Every game will have some bugs, that's the cost of doing business. Very few have THIS LEVEL of bugs that directly impact the player experience, and even fewer have support that literally provide next to no transparency. That's the biggest issue here. We always hear "We're looking in to it" without any concrete ideas of what is being looked, by whom, what the problem is or any sort of time-frames. These issues go on for weeks or sometimes even months/years (coughPureSkillcough). That is not acceptable from a company that had to do a huge mea culpa after 12.0

I don't know why you continue to keep looking for reasons to defend this kind of behavior.
    They say they are looking into it only because if they say something different that promises something or gives a timeline and those comments aren't met, the community won't forgive and forget. You all have caused them to limit what information they give because if it's not to to the tee accurate, you'll go and try and call them out on it. Cull's issue isn't the only issue they are working on, there's a list and probably prioritization of that list of bugs. This may be the most important thing to you, but may not be the highest priority of the Dev team.

It's been 11 days (you quoted June 28th) and that includes weekend days when the Dev team is off or minimally staffed. Give them some time, use a different champion for now. Bugging them every day for answers isn't going to get you anywhere. When they have solution, they will tell us.
  • Options
    ReconGGReconGG Posts: 2
    I've also been affected by this and have an R5 Cull obsidian and used all my July 4th deal generic sig and tier 5 basics on Cull.

Now he's broken and we need rank down tickets or he needs to be fixed or a refund for the $ I spent to rank 5 and max his sig.

So Culls Thanos buffs are clearly not working right that's already been established.

I wanted to add though @Demonzfyre there are bugs with evade not working specifically with the New Spiderman Stealth suit.

When Cull is at a full 10 stacks chance to evade is not reduced to 0% I've been killed by this bug don't get defensive and act like it doesn't exist because it does.
  • Options
    ReconGG said:

I've also been affected by this and have an R5 Cull obsidian and used all my July 4th deal generic sig and tier 5 basics on Cull.

Now he's broken and we need rank down tickets or he needs to be fixed or a refund for the $ I spent to rank 5 and max his sig.

So Culls Thanos buffs are clearly not working right that's already been established.

I wanted to add though @Demonzfyre there are bugs with evade not working specifically with the New Spiderman Stealth suit.

When Cull is at a full 10 stacks chance to evade is not reduced to 0% I've been killed by this bug don't get defensive and act like it doesn't exist because it does.

The evade isn't broken. I can show you over and over again. We aren't going to get Rank Down tickets and Cull will be fixed. Stop overreacting.
  • Options
    ReconGGReconGG Posts: 2
    I will say though I agree with giving them time to fix this they've acknowledged it and I don't think we've given them enough time.

That I 100% agree with.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

IDoge said:

V1PER1987 said:

I haven’t used Cull for a couple weeks. What’s the issue with him? I feel I’m only getting bits and pieces from your post.

The main issue is that his thanos favor buffs above 1 charge are not paused.
    That's the only issue.
    It actually isn't. His fury duration doesn't extend based on hits placed while in rout either. The favor duration is definitely the larger of the two imo though
  • Options

IDoge said:

V1PER1987 said:

I haven’t used Cull for a couple weeks. What’s the issue with him? I feel I’m only getting bits and pieces from your post.

The main issue is that his thanos favor buffs above 1 charge are not paused.
    That's the only issue.
    It actually isn't. His fury duration doesn't extend based on hits placed while in rout either. The favor duration is definitely the larger of the two imo though
    Doesn't that happen because of the issue with Thanos' favor since they expire earlier than intended?
  • Options
    I'd have to go back and actually count it out on some of my old vids as I got and ranked him very early after release but I'd be willing to bet his fury was always the base duration and not extending. The thread posted here actually had supporting videos for it and it was pre update
  • Options
    Shewan01Shewan01 Posts: 12
    @Kabam Zibiit Please update us! Nothing to know is worse than bad News (for example if you would tell us that the fix will be online with the next patch in 30 days). But without any further Information About the Status and when we can expect a fix it feels very bad as a customer.

Can you please confirm that Cull Obsidian will work as he worked for a couple of weeks or could it be that he will remain the Status which he have on the current Servers? We Need to know.
  • Options
    Hopper99Hopper99 Posts: 102
    I spent hundreds of dollars on featured cav crystals, burned up a generic ag and dumped resources to rank 4 and eventually rank 5. I need to know if this is a bug or this was an intentional stealth nerf. Shouldn’t take that long to acknowledge if it was an intentional change or not. Thanks
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

No. When have they compensated for a bug on a champion? Is he your only champion to use? I say this as I have a 5/65 Cull. I expect him to be fixed but there won't be compensation.

Never and probably that is the problem. All bugs should be compensated since players incur real costs to play with champs that do not perform as they should.
    If you don't use Cull, you don't take the risk of incurring costs... weird how that works. Just like if you don't play a bugged quest I.E act 6 champion boss, you won't incur costs fighting a bugged fight. Crazy concept.
    I mean that works for you, if your solution in life after buying a phone/car/other goods and realising it does not work is to keep silent. I prefer to be vocal about getting my fair purchase. If I spent money to obtain a champion, I am gonna make sure I get my money's worth - that champ has to work as it was promised. It is not a solution to just "not use that champion". I bought it precisely to use it.
    And he will. Its a bug. They know it and we know it. Once they figure out the issue, they will tell us the next step which could come in the next patch or as a hotfix.

I never said to keep silent. Absolutely report the bug. There isnt a magic button to fix these things. But if some how hes costing you units, use a different champ. You wouldn't continue using your car if thw engine was smoking right?
  • Options
    Ramin_the_KingRamin_the_King Posts: 17
    I tested my Cull 5/65 sig 200, rout drops so quickly and not pauses during the hits and no fury afterwards either! Its so upsetting and Kabam again doing something fishy, they are not commenting anything over 10 days since ppl notified them

Mcoc Game name: ROMEEN
  • Options

I tested my Cull 5/65 sig 200, rout drops so quickly and not pauses during the hits and no fury afterwards either! Its so upsetting and Kabam again doing something fishy, they are not commenting anything over 10 days since ppl notified them

Mcoc Game name: ROMEEN

His rout phase isn't supposed to pause on hits and always ends in the same amount of time. The two mode durations that can be modified are Thanos favor and fury. Thanos favor pauses on hits and fury is supposed to extend based on hits landed while rout is active. The fury comes after rout bit Thanos favor which sounds like you have them confused. Nothing modifies rout duration. Rout is activated by dashing back and holding block its the purple buff that's triggered
  • Options
    Basically guys it's a bug. We all know this as he worked differently beforehand. He was bugged against havok before the last update and they never acknowledged that but fixed it with the last update. If they say they're looking at it I'm sure they are and it will be fixed eventually
  • Options
    DalBot said:

What bothers me is people saying "oh just wait" or "it's not a big deal" when the fact is that anyone who has Cull at this point almost assuredly paid money to get him (or at the least had a massive stash of units). This is a game where time matters. If you gimp a champ that could be the difference between won or lost AWs. We have a quest this month where this champ that people paid for would sure be nice against the bosses that evade like crazy.

What we want is transparency. Being told "we're looking at it" and nothing else means nothing. It's like the dad on the coach saying "yeah honey I'm on it" when asked to do something. At this point we have no idea if they have any clue what the bug is, no clue in a timeframe, no clue on anything but I guess that's just good enough for some people? Many of us spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on something that doesn't work (and hundreds more to rank it up on July 4th), so no, "just sit and wait" isn't an acceptable response.

What if they don't have a clue what the bug is, they don't have a timeframe or anything additional to add yet..... what could they say other than "we are still looking into it" which they have already said to make the situation acceptable.

What you spent has no bearing on anything in this situation. It really doesn't. Look i get it, he's an awesome champ and I love using him. I would like him to work just as much as you do. But you spending hundreds of dollars to get him, doesn't mean anything in the case of there being a bug and the speed it gets fixed.

When there isn't any additional information to say, all we can do is wait for now. It's been 12 days, let them do their jobs.
  • Options
    Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128

DalBot said:

What bothers me is people saying "oh just wait" or "it's not a big deal" when the fact is that anyone who has Cull at this point almost assuredly paid money to get him (or at the least had a massive stash of units). This is a game where time matters. If you gimp a champ that could be the difference between won or lost AWs. We have a quest this month where this champ that people paid for would sure be nice against the bosses that evade like crazy.

What we want is transparency. Being told "we're looking at it" and nothing else means nothing. It's like the dad on the coach saying "yeah honey I'm on it" when asked to do something. At this point we have no idea if they have any clue what the bug is, no clue in a timeframe, no clue on anything but I guess that's just good enough for some people? Many of us spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on something that doesn't work (and hundreds more to rank it up on July 4th), so no, "just sit and wait" isn't an acceptable response.

What if they don't have a clue what the bug is, they don't have a timeframe or anything additional to add yet..... what could they say other than "we are still looking into it" which they have already said to make the situation acceptable.

What you spent has no bearing on anything in this situation. It really doesn't. Look i get it, he's an awesome champ and I love using him. I would like him to work just as much as you do. But you spending hundreds of dollars to get him, doesn't mean anything in the case of there being a bug and the speed it gets fixed.

When there isn't any additional information to say, all we can do is wait for now. It's been 12 days, let them do their jobs.
    I don't have a race in this horse as they say(wink wink) however I can see why this upsets people. I once bought a cd deck with a cd changer. put it in my car so I would quit losing or scuffing up my disks, it was clearly marked to be put in cars. When I contacted the company(it stoped changing CDs), I was told the reason why it did not work was an issue that they were looking into they asked me to send it to them, they paid the postage. I put the old one back in and forgot about it for the most part. Three or so months later they sent me a letter apologizing for the time along with the fixed CD player and a check for the original purchase amount for my inconvenience. Needless to say, I am a happy customer their products are not the best but customer service is exemplary. when you have a bugged product you should always try to accept a return or in this case, the dreaded rank down tickets along with a sizable compensation package would be in order. No money needed but if you make a screw up send out some digital items(which cost nothing) and champ specific rank down tickets, problem solved. if people are sure they won't get screwed they would spend more.
  • Options

DalBot said:

I don't have a race in this horse as they say(wink wink) however I can see why this upsets people. I once bought a cd deck with a cd changer. put it in my car so I would quit losing or scuffing up my disks, it was clearly marked to be put in cars. When I contacted the company(it stoped changing CDs), I was told the reason why it did not work was an issue that they were looking into they asked me to send it to them, they paid the postage. I put the old one back in and forgot about it for the most part. Three or so months later they sent me a letter apologizing for the time along with the fixed CD player and a check for the original purchase amount for my inconvenience. Needless to say, I am a happy customer their products are not the best but customer service is exemplary. when you have a bugged product you should always try to accept a return or in this case, the dreaded rank down tickets along with a sizable compensation package would be in order. No money needed but if you make a screw up send out some digital items(which cost nothing) and champ specific rank down tickets, problem solved. if people are sure they won't get screwed they would spend more.
    He will get fixed. No one is getting screwed and there isn't any intention of keeping him the way he is currently. RDT's are not needed as its a bug and not a forever change. Nothing you said would apply in this case.

As for digital items not "costing anything" that's also completely false and for a different thread at a different time.
  • Options
    Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128

DalBot said:

He will get fixed. No one is getting screwed and there isn't any intention of keeping him the way he is currently. RDT's are not needed as its a bug and not a forever change. Nothing you said would apply in this case.

As for digital items not "costing anything" that's also completely false and for a different thread at a different time.
    Digital items cost them nothing... but if it was changed forever or if this is working as "intended" champ specific rank downs would be a valid step, along with a couple of cav crystals to apologize for the misleading advertisement.
  • Options

DalBot said:

Digital items cost them nothing... but if it was changed forever or if this is working as "intended" champ specific rank downs would be a valid step, along with a couple of cav crystals to apologize for the misleading advertisement.
    Create a new thread for that. Not going to discuss it here.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

I have a 5/65 200 cull, I'm just saying getting all worked up isn't gonna make it go any faster. They fixed the havok bug and I'm sure they'll fix this one.

If you dropped that kind of coin to get him I'm sure you have plenty of other champs you can use in the meantime like I do.

I want him fixed asap too as I really like questing with him but for now all we can do is wait. They have the info they need to work on it
This discussion has been closed.