**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

July 4th deals, Uncollected vs Cavalier

Comments

• FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Where were these people when those bad cavalier bundles were offered?

BS aside, I feel them. I wouldve felt the same if I were still uncollected.

We didnt have this issue last year. I remember ranking my first r5 from those cash offers. Coz i couldnt explore Act 5 nor 100 every UC event for the t5b back then. Several quests and bundles later, my second r5, then r2. Good times.

It was game changing for me but not game breaking for everyone else. Given a choice, I’d allow the same bundles offered to each and every player. Just my opinion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom
    They've been doing it ever since the Level 40 cap for the Gifting Badge, at the very least. Then since they introduced the Titles, game is full of Offers for Uncollected only. The fact is, they can target whatever demographic they want with whatever Offer they want. Having access to certain Offers and Rewards comes with meeting certain requirements. I'm sorry people are upset by this, but we're not entitled to the same Offer that Cavaliers have. Just the same as people who aren't Uncollected are not entitled to the UC Offers. If we want access, we need to meet the requirements.

I have two questions for you. 1. Are you a pay for play or F2P and what is your current title?

Uncollected, buy when I feel like it.
    edited July 2019

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

You can’t value a product more or less just based off a progress gate, you’re telling me that someone in the top tier can get cheaper T5B and 6* just because they’ve finished an extra few fights? This is really disappointing. Who on earth makes these decisions??

An extra few Fights? If it was that easy, we'd all be Cavalier. It's not. Same can be said for people who are UC versus who aren't. The other side is always going to see it as unfair, but those are the perks that come with putting the work in to get past the Milestone.
    Do you not at all see it as unfair for individuals such as myself for a example who are so very close to being cavaliers (6.1.5) to be grouped up with those who have only just completed 5.2 and thus are receiving lesser rewards?
    No. The goal post is the goal post.
    When did they state that this was the goalposts moron? This has never been mentioned. I am at X bones now without a decent counter. Yet to spend a unit on 6.1 and are more then capable of burning some and pushing through him but thought I’d wait for a decent counter instead of burning units. Have grinded my way to 5k. Becoming cavalier is not hard, if you don’t have the roster it just requires you spend.
    Why should someone who has competed a few extra fights be given deals that are far better value then someone who has not?
    The Title is acquired at a certain point. That is the goal post. The OP asked if I thought it was fair to someone at 6.1.5. Yes. It is. That's the requirement for everyone. The moment you start making exceptions it's no longer a progress marker for everyone.
    I'm not sure why you're focusing on better value. It's literally done all the time. Some Offers are for different demographics. This isn't about "equal value". It's a yearly Sale that really doesn't reflect actual value at all. Some Offers are only available to people that meet the requirement.
    I hate to say it/don’t mean to be rude but I knew it was only a matter of time until you got here and went devils advocate against me haha. I like this debate (I mean all of this in as friendly of a way as possible)
    I'm not really being Devil's Advocate. I actually think it's fair. It's not fair to make exceptions for people close to it. As for the Offer, it's part of the game. Want better Rewards, you need to jump through hoops.
    By devils advocate I mean a sort of opposition to my arguement haha. But to back to your earlier point, kabam has always said that they don’t want to cause a discrepancy in roster power to an unfair extend, for example; if for $50 one person got a 5 star crystal, while for that same $50 someone else got a 6 star crystal due to a bug, kabam would see that as unfair and would fix it. This July 4th fiasco is effectively
    Doing the same thing, save for the fact that it isn’t a glitch. You’re giving one person more resources for the same amount of money someone is getting less resources for
    Yes. That's because they've earned it. You can call it arbitrary or insignificant, or even inconsequential, but I'd suggest you give up your Title perks. It's been a part of the game all the way back to the Level 40 requirement. Then when Uncollected came, that was the whole point. Access to what others don't have yet. We see it in the Unit Store everyday with the Daily Crystal Offer. It's a level of achievement that comes with certain benefits.

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

You can’t value a product more or less just based off a progress gate, you’re telling me that someone in the top tier can get cheaper T5B and 6* just because they’ve finished an extra few fights? This is really disappointing. Who on earth makes these decisions??

An extra few Fights? If it was that easy, we'd all be Cavalier. It's not. Same can be said for people who are UC versus who aren't. The other side is always going to see it as unfair, but those are the perks that come with putting the work in to get past the Milestone.
    Do you not at all see it as unfair for individuals such as myself for a example who are so very close to being cavaliers (6.1.5) to be grouped up with those who have only just completed 5.2 and thus are receiving lesser rewards?
    When did they state that this was the goalposts moron? This has never been mentioned. I am at X bones now without a decent counter. Yet to spend a unit on 6.1 and are more then capable of burning some and pushing through him but thought I’d wait for a decent counter instead of burning units. Have grinded my way to 5k. Becoming cavalier is not hard, if you don’t have the roster it just requires you spend.
    Why should someone who has competed a few extra fights be given deals that are far better value then someone who has not?
    The Title is acquired at a certain point. That is the goal post. The OP asked if I thought it was fair to someone at 6.1.5. Yes. It is. That's the requirement for everyone. The moment you start making exceptions it's no longer a progress marker for everyone.
    I'm not sure why you're focusing on better value. It's literally done all the time. Some Offers are for different demographics. This isn't about "equal value". It's a yearly Sale that really doesn't reflect actual value at all. Some Offers are only available to people that meet the requirement.
    I hate to say it/don’t mean to be rude but I knew it was only a matter of time until you got here and went devils advocate against me haha. I like this debate (I mean all of this in as friendly of a way as possible)
    I'm not really being Devil's Advocate. I actually think it's fair. It's not fair to make exceptions for people close to it. As for the Offer, it's part of the game. Want better Rewards, you need to jump through hoops.
    By devils advocate I mean a sort of opposition to my arguement haha. But to back to your earlier point, kabam has always said that they don’t want to cause a discrepancy in roster power to an unfair extend, for example; if for $50 one person got a 5 star crystal, while for that same $50 someone else got a 6 star crystal due to a bug, kabam would see that as unfair and would fix it. This July 4th fiasco is effectively
    Doing the same thing, save for the fact that it isn’t a glitch. You’re giving one person more resources for the same amount of money someone is getting less resources for
    Yes. That's because they've earned it. You can call it arbitrary or insignificant, or even inconsequential, but I'd suggest you give up your Title perks. It's been a part of the game all the way back to the Level 40 requirement. Then when Uncollected came, that was the whole point. Access to what others don't have yet. We see it in the Unit Store everyday with the Daily Crystal Offer. It's a level of achievement that comes with certain benefits.
    If it was a small difference between the offers, I would be fine but the difference is too huge for these titles to justify the difference
    Honest answer. Would you be arguing against it if you were Cavalier? Lol.
    I am Cavalier and tbh the deals suited my progression point really well. As far as I am concerned, the Cav deals were very good.

I don't agree with the tiered deals for cash even though I benefitted from my Cavalier status. Unit deals, fine, but this was a Step too far.

I see some people commenting that they'd be OK with if the difference wasn't so big. I say NOOOOOO it's not about how big the difference is, but the fact that there's a difference at al. Real money should get you the same as any other player spending the same amount.

So make this right KABAM and send the non-cavaliers who bought any deal the difference with the Cavalier deals.
    They can offer any deal to any level of progression they choose. People are only entitled to the same if they've put the same effort into it. Meaning, they've earned the same Title. They're not just arbitrary points of Rewards. Kabam has decided those points are what warrant a step up. What concerns us is what's offered to us. Not what's offered to others.
    It’s completely different when you're paying with cash though.

I am fine either way, because I am cavalier, but for cash offers, it should be the same across the board.

Unit offers they can tier how they like.
    I don't see it as different at all. It's just the same as any other Sale or Offer that's only available for specific clientel. There are Rewards Programs, Loyalty Programs, Preferred Customer Incentives, all different kinds of things offered by companies. In this case, the Items are offered to people who have completed Cavalier. That's the condition of the Offer. It's not even a fair comparison because it's not our value. It's the Cavalier value.
    I’m not gonna go back and forth with you, because your just seriously stubborn, and the whole Kabam can do no wrong is quite sad, it’s like defending your gf when everyone else can see she isn’t all that.

We can both just have our opinions on the matter.

I would suggest you stop arguing with every person though, back in the day I thought it was because you were young, but it seems you aren’t matured enough to stop yet, 4 years in.

Never mind
    I'm not defending Kabam. The rest is just quasi-personal, and I'm not getting into it. This whole matter has become blown out of proportion and exaggerated. People have different Offers available to them based on where they're at. That's the bottom line. If they want to fold their arms and not buy anything because Joe Schmoe Cavalier has a better Offer, that's their choice. The Titles were introduced for this very purpose. To provide Rewards that are more specific to where Players are at. You want the same as others? Get to where they're at. That's about it in a nutshell.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Brian Grant on 4th July offers.
    I do want to state this once again, as clearly as I possibly can, as good as this stuff is, you will be absolutely fine continuing playing this game without picking up any of this stuff.
    :):DB)
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    What also gets me is Kabam has stated they dont want ppl rushing thru content anymore. Thats part of the reasoning for gates and stuff. Todays offers for uncollected and lower will cause 2 things. Either ppl wont spend as much as they would have or they will rush thru the content to be cavalier before the next deals come out. By rushing thru content just to get access to better deals will go against there goal of slowing down progression. I dont see how this helps.
    edited July 2019
    Neotwism said:

@GroundedWisdom u said it perfectly. "REWARDS"..... This isnt a reward. This is a Cash based offer. It's not the same as the 12k unit special for completing 6.1. That's a reward for clearing content and becoming cavalier. Its not that hard to understand the difference. Im still waiting to see when kabam has ever mentioned special cash-based deals are a perk for becoming cavalier cuz they never have until today.

A cash-based Offer that isn't available to anyone who isn't Cavalier. The same as the cash-based Offer that contains the Daily Grandmaster Special that isn't available to anyone not Uncollected. Money isn't an automatic license to have access to any and all Offers.
  • Unk0wn_S0ldierUnk0wn_S0ldier Posts: 53
    Not going to argue with anyone's opinion, just wanted to leave my 2 cents.

Does it suck that there is a difference between the offers based on your title, yes. Is it unfair, no. If you adopt the view that the different titles are like different tiers of membership, it makes sense that you would grant your highest tier members access to better deals/rewards. It is a "reward" for those that were willing to spend more, whether through time, effort or money (or a combination). Whether all members/players money is valued the same and therefore has the right to the same rewards/deals is inaccurate. The fact remains, that those at the highest membership tier (Cavalier) has earned the right to better rewards/deals.

IMO, this system is needed in the game. I have seen it over and over again, where players rosters expand faster than their skills due to increased rewards. They end up steam rolling through content without acquiring the necessary skills to go along with it. Eventually they hit a wall, where roster alone cannot get them through content, usually Uncollected EQ, and then hit the forums ranting cash grab, poor game design, etc. Going on the Cavalier deals, a new player, with $300 can get 3 x 5* champs and a 6* champ. This new player will steam roll his way into Act 5 in no time at all, bypassing the need to learn basics like parry and dexterity, etc.

The simple fact here is that the game rewards those that have "put more into the game". It doesn't matter whether it is time or money. How is this unfair? There will always be a "wealth gap" between those with more and those with less, again, it doesn't matter whether it is through time or money. If you want to have access to the best, you have to work for it, you have to earn it. Everybody is not automatically entitled to the same rewards/deals, we are however entitled to the same opportunity to gain access to these rewards/deals. In this case becoming Cavalier.

It is true that some Uncollected players are further along than others, some close to being Cavalier, but it would be impossible to structure deals to cater to everyone's progression level. It has to be averaged out. The values of the deals are subjective. For some they are worthless, to others they are not i.e. newly Uncollected. Even if the deals were structured as Elders Bane, instead of Cavalier, or added Elders Bane between Uncollected and Cavalier, the argument would be the same.

It is not about making anybody feel entitled and others inferior. The deals are clearly structured around certain progression levels (albeit averaged out). Therefore if you feel you would be better off having been able to buy the Cavalier deals, it should be an incentive for you to become Cavalier. In this regard I do feel Kabam slipped up. Even though they have said that progression tiered deals would be coming out, they could have given advanced notification. They could also have given a rough estimate of the difference in the deals. That way, players could have decided for themselves whether they want to push hard to get to the next tier, before the deals came out.
  • Ed_FatHobbit_88Ed_FatHobbit_88 Posts: 5
    I can understand why many who are cavalier are ok with the offer disparity (as a reward for their hard work), but this does not motivate us who not cavalier or uncollected to pay the same for lesser value deals. If the prices were tiered down to be commensurate with the value of the offer (compared to cavalier), I would consider making a purchase. But, offering lesser valued commodities for the same monetary cost of the cavalier offers motivates me to NOT buy anything. In fact, all this really does is help the best get better, and the rest of us, just slightly better, but at the same cost. If that’s the strategy for Kabam, I can find other fun games to play with better values.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

If it was a small difference between the offers, I would be fine but the difference is too huge for these titles to justify the difference
    Honest answer. Would you be arguing against it if you were Cavalier? Lol.
    I am Cavalier and tbh the deals suited my progression point really well. As far as I am concerned, the Cav deals were very good.

I don't agree with the tiered deals for cash even though I benefitted from my Cavalier status. Unit deals, fine, but this was a Step too far.

I see some people commenting that they'd be OK with if the difference wasn't so big. I say NOOOOOO it's not about how big the difference is, but the fact that there's a difference at al. Real money should get you the same as any other player spending the same amount.

So make this right KABAM and send the non-cavaliers who bought any deal the difference with the Cavalier deals.
    They can offer any deal to any level of progression they choose. People are only entitled to the same if they've put the same effort into it. Meaning, they've earned the same Title. They're not just arbitrary points of Rewards. Kabam has decided those points are what warrant a step up. What concerns us is what's offered to us. Not what's offered to others.
    It’s completely different when you're paying with cash though.

I am fine either way, because I am cavalier, but for cash offers, it should be the same across the board.

Unit offers they can tier how they like.
    I don't see it as different at all. It's just the same as any other Sale or Offer that's only available for specific clientel. There are Rewards Programs, Loyalty Programs, Preferred Customer Incentives, all different kinds of things offered by companies. In this case, the Items are offered to people who have completed Cavalier. That's the condition of the Offer. It's not even a fair comparison because it's not our value. It's the Cavalier value.
    I’m not gonna go back and forth with you, because your just seriously stubborn, and the whole Kabam can do no wrong is quite sad, it’s like defending your gf when everyone else can see she isn’t all that.

We can both just have our opinions on the matter.

I would suggest you stop arguing with every person though, back in the day I thought it was because you were young, but it seems you aren’t matured enough to stop yet, 4 years in.

Never mind
    I'm not defending Kabam. The rest is just quasi-personal, and I'm not getting into it. This whole matter has become blown out of proportion and exaggerated. People have different Offers available to them based on where they're at. That's the bottom line. If they want to fold their arms and not buy anything because Joe Schmoe Cavalier has a better Offer, that's their choice. The Titles were introduced for this very purpose. To provide Rewards that are more specific to where Players are at. You want the same as others? Get to where they're at. That's about it in a nutshell.
    You can’t say your not getting into it, and then still reply and argue the point with me.

If we are paying £100 with cash, we should get the same, I’m pretty sure your not even Cavalier, so I’m surprised you aren’t annoyed. I am, and it’s even annoyed me.

A shop cannot give someone more for X amount of money, and then less to the next customer who wants the same thing for the same amount of money. You might get loyalty points or vouchers, but that isn’t cash, that’s like Units in this instance.

Plus it’s even worse with the RNG side and 5* above champs only for act 5, people may not be cavalier due to terrible RNG and luck.

You say “rewards” in your argument, these are not rewards, they are cash offers, which should be equal, and like I said, I got the same as the others, I didn’t get the rubbish deal, because I’m at a higher level, but I still think it’s pretty shady for it to be done.

Same reason Seatin thought the whole 5* above for act 5 was ridiculous, it clearly didn’t bother him for his account, but he still spoke up, which was right to do.

Would love to know @Seatin thoughts on this, I would like to think he would agree, with me.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

crogs said:

Felganos said:

I completely agree and I'm cavalier. Money deals should be the same across the board. Kabam messed up wit this one.

Kabam does still have time to fix this, the question is if they will be willing to admit to their mistake (which would actually make them more money), or if they will stand by their decision, angering the community to a huge extent
    The reasoning behind this split is to offer more Level appropriate Deals and Offers to Summoners. We mentioned that this kind of stuff would be happening when we introduced these Tiers.

They are designed to allow us to make different Rewards available in different Content for players Progression levels.
    Well the unit deals are a bit unfair. 1000 units should buy the same exact deal. My other account isn't at the same point my main one is, but 1000 units for less t4c, less 5* shards and so on makes zero sense. Why would I spend the units if Iknow there were better deals offered to others?
    Why you would spend is up to you. The better deals however, are not offered to others in the same pay grade. Different points of progress, different Offers. The game is the same. There are different Rewards for different levels of progress.
    Sorry. Just dumb. Because one account has similar time in, some similar level champs and so on. Just hasn't quested as much, itndileserves to pay the same exact amount and get much less in return. That just makes zero sense.

Ever since they introduced these quest point titles, parity and value of offers has just gone to pot. Time of service and Level are meaningless. Champs amassed and ranked are meaningless. Just one single solitary determining point decides progress and value of rewards. Dumb.

Might as well charge lesser players an extra 1000 units to get 5* vision then by that logic. But no. It's the same price for everyone.
    Neotwism said:

The argument is these are cash based deals. Not units u can earn for free and not rewards u earn from completing certain content. I have no problem with a level 1 player earning 6* shards. They arent available in most of the offers and rewards at that level so it will be a long time before they have a complete crystal. Cash should be equal no matter who spends it. Alot of the uncollected players wouldnt be as upset if the offers for UC were better. The odin offer gets less than it did last year. How is that fair? I know, if u dont like it dont buy it. That just pushes you farther behind teammates who may spend or just became cavalier resulting into more problems for alliances. A little advanced warning that cavalier status gets better CASH based offers would have helped resolve alot of these problems.

Don't really agree. Whether units or cash, both use the same exclusionary criteria. You can't have arbitrary variable value on rewards that are offered to everyone. Let them do that for their targeted ****. 1000 units buys you X always. $50 buys you X always. Not X for some, Y for others and Z for everyone else.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    IMO there’s nothing bad about restricting offers behind a title or progression lock, even if it’s a little unfair, but rather the issue is the 4* lock for act 6. If there were different deals for uncollected and above as compared to below uncollected, it wouldn’t be as bad, provided all got an increase from what was offered the year before. Restricting the ability for better deals with real money behind RNG or very high unit costs is the main issue for me with the cavelier money based offers. If the four star lock was not a thing, the issue with the offers would be less. Still a bad decision imo but it would be easier to swallow

antazor said:

Not all Players received Shards. Those Gifts were appropriate to levels of progress as well.
    And pretty much wrong. My baby account has as many r4 5's as my main. Some actually better, the ****. The only real difference between the two is about a year younger (both are over 3yrs old), and the baby isn't uncollected. Just don't spend the same time. But roster wise, they are very similar and on the same level.

So your explanation is pretty much not valid. Questing milestones get you access to better crystals with better rewards. Them also deciding that those milestone titles are the only reference to determine progress is just ridiculous. Add to that, it now decides players should pay the same amount, be it units or cash, for offers that are not equal and have significantly less value than other offers of the same price.

The argument that a lesser account doesn't need those better rewards is ridiculous. Might as well go to the complaints when people say they have too much gold, too much iso and so on. You will need it at some point. What's wrong with getting a head start then by buying offers that will help you down the road? Heck, I'm still one full t5b away from an r5 5*. Giving me basic shards just means I'm 9 months away from getting that 2nd one as opposed to 14 months. Loosely speaking. So I don't need rewards that give t5b shards?

A younger account could have bad luck getting the same class of t4c to the point it could r3, 4 and 5 a 5* if they had the other cats. So it's wrong they get access to the t2a and t5b needed to get there because they're not uncollected or cavalier but willing to drop the units or cash?
    You paid $5 for the 135 units, as a bonus you get 20 units per day for 30 days. It is not a permanent deal. It doesn't remain in the unit store indefinitely. Even though it has been there for 2 months in a row, there is no confirmation that the deal will remain as a permanent feature.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    I'm still upset I'm not able to get the offers on my mini
    My main is cav and I dont want them on there
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

This is crazy I actually agree with everything you said in this thread for the first time ever lol. People these days dont want to work for anything.