**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gwenpool vs Magik - Good choice?

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
So, I finally have a maxed 4* 5/50 Gwenppol, Sig lvl 8. Looking at her abilities, she can enervate as well as reduce opponent defensive ability accuracy.

Along with her high attack and strong bleed, and the fact she can reduce Limbo triggering chance (I believe limbo is a defensive ability, since my falcon has avoided her limbo if she was locked on), do you think she will do good against Magik, especially if she is an AW boss?

Comments

• I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    Only if you have a r4 5* GP. 4* just doesn't have enough health.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Mostly no but it can be done. If you can manage to use Gwens SP2 before you get to close to death then you can do it yeah. Once you power lock her, you can keep her that way all match but again, it's a "what if" type thing and not a 100% type thing.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    You don't need to power lock Magik the entire match. Just need her enervated till GP gets a high enough combo (I recommend enervating Magik, getting her below 1 bar and then spamming heavies until 50 hits. You may time out though). After 50 hits, Magik won't trigger Limbo
    Note: even when enervated, Magik will still gain power from MD. Enervate only prevents opponents from gaining power when GP hits them
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Aw boss solo'ed with her, she's really a good choice, but enervate only power lock champs when attacked, so md wouldn't get affected, also if magik gained a bar of power cuz of md when u try to bait specials (without hitting her), she might activate limbo, so her sig only works when attacking, like bw.
    adc1jjfrh9s3.png
  • Aw boss solo'ed with her, she's really a good choice, but enervate only power lock champs when attacked, so md wouldn't get affected, also if magik gained a bar of power cuz of md when u try to bait specials (without hitting her), she might activate limbo, so her sig only works when attacking, like bw.
    adc1jjfrh9s3.png

Seconded. Gp is amazing and performs extremely well vs Magik. We see her as boss 7 out of 10 wars and sometimes as left mini as well. It's all about your combo.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Anything T2 or below can be a one shot, I'm 3/4 against her one shots in our last few wars
  • StarryKnightJStarryKnightJ Posts: 22
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    You don't need to power lock Magik the entire match. Just need her enervated till GP gets a high enough combo (I recommend enervating Magik, getting her below 1 bar and then spamming heavies until 50 hits. You may time out though). After 50 hits, Magik won't trigger Limbo
    Note: even when enervated, Magik will still gain power from MD. Enervate only prevents opponents from gaining power when GP hits them

i can't use heavies without getting hit... any advice?
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    GP is second best choice. She used to be my go to champ vs magik until I got the ultimate magik killer now she's a backup. Between power lock the whole fight then her combo getting up there a 5/50 is sufficient
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I don't use enervate, it's more damage/time to use an l3 as soon as possible then spam L1, you can survive up to 5 limbo providing you don't get hit when at full health against a t2 r4 majik
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    I don't use enervate, it's more damage/time to use an l3 as soon as possible then spam L1, you can survive up to 5 limbo providing you don't get hit when at full health against a t2 r4 majik

If i didn't use enervate, I'd have died cuz of limbo activating during specials
  • 50 hit combo fully turns off limbo, doesn't it? I still enervate when possible tho
    chunkyb wrote: »
    50 hit combo fully turns off limbo, doesn't it? I still enervate when possible tho

I said b4 her ability works like bw, as u can't hit her while she's doing sp then limbo will trigger
  • The 50 hit combo reducing ability to enter limbo was my point. I beat one on left mini node (immune) solely because of the combo. I couldn't stop her from gaining power, but she didn't go into limbo.