**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* RNG

Was just looking at a FB post where MCOC players were posting the first 15-20ish 5* they got and I know it’s RNG but seems strange how many photos had Iron Patriot, Kamala Khan, Civil Warrior, Rocket Raccoon, King Groot, Ant Man, Colossus or Ant Man in them and I also have all of them except Colossus and I just got my 25th 5* so it seems strange that the “”RNG”” seems to give lots of those champs as people first bunch of 5*, I wonder if anyone else got any or all of those for their first handful also ???

Comments

• 5PlDERMAN5PlDERMAN Posts: 71

Be careful not to dive too deep into this, mate.

There are... What? Around 120 champs in the basic pool right now? Getting some or even all of those you mentioned over the course of 25 pulls is anything but unlikely.

Just seems odd out of 120 something champs that a lot had a handful of the list I mentioned within there first 15-20

SpiderMeg said:

There are... What? Around 120 champs in the basic pool right now? Getting some or even all of those you mentioned over the course of 25 pulls is anything but unlikely.

Just seems odd out of 120 something champs that a lot had a handful of the list I mentioned within there first 15-20
    It's just as odd as you want to paint it as really. I'm sure there are also a lot of awesome pulls many people share over the course of their first 25 crystals.

I'm lacking a 5* hulkbuster, howard, karnak and groot for example. It's all just in your head really.

You have let's just say 20 of those meme champs. That's about 1/6 of the pool. And a majority of players pulling about 60% of those on average over the course of their first 25 pulls strikes you as odd, while the chances for that actually aren't that low.
    It’s not in my head I even said it was people posting pictures of there 1st handful of 5s on FB and a lot of champs that seem to be in that first group we’re the ones I mentioned I did’t say everyone or all of them but a lot of KK or IP, jeez calm down
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    SpiderMeg said:

Why does that seem odd? You listed 8 champs for a draw of 20 out of a pool of 120. That in no way seems odd
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    SpiderMeg said:

SpiderMeg said:

It's just as odd as you want to paint it as really. I'm sure there are also a lot of awesome pulls many people share over the course of their first 25 crystals.

I'm lacking a 5* hulkbuster, howard, karnak and groot for example. It's all just in your head really.

You have let's just say 20 of those meme champs. That's about 1/6 of the pool. And a majority of players pulling about 60% of those on average over the course of their first 25 pulls strikes you as odd, while the chances for that actually aren't that low.
    It’s not in my head I even said it was people posting pictures of there 1st handful of 5s on FB and a lot of champs that seem to be in that first group we’re the ones I mentioned I did’t say everyone or all of them but a lot of KK or IP, jeez calm down
    In general people are more likely to post about bad luck than good luck
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I only have around 10-11 and here is my 5* roster:

Iron Man
    Iron Patriot
    Iceman
    Spidergwen
    Luke Cage
    Doctor Octopus
    Green Goblin
    Vision
    Havok
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Juggernaut

Two I did purchase (5* Unstoppable Colossus) from Loyalty and Units (Vision). Other than that the other are what I have pulled in 5* crystals. Until Juggernaut who is my most recent I kept pulling a lot of Tech. Still looking forward to obtaining a Skill or Cosmic 5* champion.

I think for the most part I have had some really good pulls and I'm a F2P player and play on a limited basis. Just food for thought.
    I’m not saying anyone wasn’t getting good pulls just along with them was some of the ones I listed reoccurring more often then not but there was some amazing pulls with a lot of those
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    edited July 2019
    @SpiderMeg I only have 28 5*s and I don't have any of the champ you mentioned. I am F2P as well and been playing about an year or so

SpiderMeg said:

I’m not saying anyone wasn’t getting good pulls just along with them was some of the ones I listed reoccurring more often then not but there was some amazing pulls with a lot of those

I'm actually really calm, please restrain from misrepresenting my attitude.

This seeming odd to you is in your head. Yes, a big group of people with a big enough sample size will have on average several similar pulls.

Please read my comment properly and respond accordingly, otherwise just leave it be.
    Wow again calm down, have a good day I’m done
    jkcjmiji said:

@SpiderMeg I only have 28 5*s and I don't have any of the champ you mentioned. I am F2P as well and been playing about an year or so

Cool, I wasn’t saying everyone it was just from a FB post I was reading on an MCOC page and I’m glad not everyone gets the same
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    SpiderMeg said:

SpiderMeg said:

I'm actually really calm, please restrain from misrepresenting my attitude.

This seeming odd to you is in your head. Yes, a big group of people with a big enough sample size will have on average several similar pulls.

Please read my comment properly and respond accordingly, otherwise just leave it be.
    Wow again calm down, have a good day I’m done
    Stop telling people to calm down who are not in any way showing signs of being not calm...
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    @SpiderMeg but I do get your point tho, if you see my lower ranked 5*s, I have both Cyclops, JF, AV, MK, SIM, AV, Karnak, IF, Psylocke, Phoenix which are the champs I would never use on quests. I know they are not Groot, King groot or KK, but still they are pretty bad as well. I mean I will probably never use them on quests so I don't see much difference.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    I think it's also a bit subjective. Along the same lines as TwmR mentioned. We notice them because they're commonly considered as not good. Otherwise, they would just be there as Champs you can pull.