**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Spider-Man the greatest super hero

DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Do u agree with Kevin Feige that Spider man is the biggest superhero
"Spider-Man is the biggest Marvel character. He is the jewel in the crown. Such an amazing icon. He's a very different kind of hero because he is, quite simply, the greatest superhero of all-time."

Is Spider-Man the greatest super hero 90 votes

Yes
55%
LeNoirFaineantSecondSkrilleradqqedfyvrWayntosphillgreenSolrac_2Lvernon15Baseballguy711Hammerbro_64ErkZarnof97OzFearUsRiggs_97BeardedStarlordWicket329SkyBlueGamingMysterioPrathapShadow_Phoneixspaceoctopus 50 votes
No, who(including dc)
44%
TheTAbyssTerraSundance_2099Foxhero007Jim0172TheRealApocPriyansh7ThesurvivlistTaZ_4178IDogeAustin555555JakearoundJedo_5Jackbrooks2580KillSwitchTheLegend27Ch1efstershadow_lurker22zeezee57LordRaymond3 40 votes

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    No, who(including dc)
    He is no doubt the most popular Marvel hero and I like him but there are many hero's I think are better.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Yes

I love spider-man. But the reasoning in that statement is just completely atrocious.

"Spider-man is the greatest super hero, because he is a very differenr kind of hero, because he is the greatest super hero."

What...?

I'd say all things considered batman or moon knight would be better candidates for that spot, solely because of the magic some authors created with those characters. Just my opinion, though.

Just letting u know Kevin Feige said that not me
    Don’t know if u knew that or not
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Good and original hero design as for abilities, power origins and image, but terrible arc and personality. Imo Spider-Man: Far From Good
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    No, who(including dc)
    I think that the kamen riders are better than spider man.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I just connect with him moreso than other heroes, having been a nerd in high school myself. As opposed to heroes who mostly only struggle against villains, Spidy has real life problems, like supporting his Aunt, recording himself for money, keeping his grades up, dealing with Flash, relationships etc etc and then hero work and keeping his identity safe. It’s more inspiring to see the struggle of real life than some rich guy losing his parents and now he hates bad guys.

For me he is the best superhero.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Yes
    Great influence - Yes
    Great power comes with great responsibility - don't know if any other superhero has that kind of line

Popular - Yes., There's a reason why he's the only Marvel character on par with Batman/Superman in popularity

Powerful - that's a no anyways...

Yes

Djkrdjj said:

I love spider-man. But the reasoning in that statement is just completely atrocious.

"Spider-man is the greatest super hero, because he is a very differenr kind of hero, because he is the greatest super hero."

What...?

I'd say all things considered batman or moon knight would be better candidates for that spot, solely because of the magic some authors created with those characters. Just my opinion, though.

Yes...? I generally read the stuff I'm commenting on.

That's why I said "the reasoning in that statement" not "your reasoning".
    Just making sure
    edited July 2019
    Yes

Djkrdjj said:

Djkrdjj said:

What...?

Just making sure
    Sure of what lol? It practically doesn't even matter who's quote that is, that circular reasoning is silly nonetheless.

Seems like you liked it, though?
    Spider man and Batman were the two superhero’s I grew up with
    Seemed kinda nice to have an official statement by the Marvel guy saying Spidermans like the king of Marvel
  • Riggs_97Riggs_97 Posts: 111
    Yes
    Imo, yes he is.
    161.jpg 52.7K
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,720 ★★★★★
    Yes
    People like him so much is he 8s one of the most relatable heroes out there he isn't N9 billionaire or some wizard he just a guy tryna do good
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Prathap said:

Great influence - Yes
    Great power comes with great responsibility - don't know if any other superhero has that kind of line

Popular - Yes., There's a reason why he's the only Marvel character on par with Batman/Superman in popularity

Not powerful? He has to pull his punches back so much so he doesn't kill everyone lol
    If he needed to, he could just go Insta kill on everyone. Without stark tech.
    technically if you want to go by power the Flash would beat Superman assuming both fully realize their powers. The Flash can speed up to a point superman cannot and f=ma. This is why you need to carefully define "greatest"
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Yes

Prathap said:

Great influence - Yes

Not powerful? He has to pull his punches back so much so he doesn't kill everyone lol
    That's a bit debatable I guess.... He's strong and powerful that's for sure., But not on the level of Hulk anyways... I was quoting in that perspective...

He is the sole reason I'm watching any superhero movies or even playing this game :)
    Yes

Djkrdjj said:

Djkrdjj said:

Djkrdjj said:

What...?

Just making sure
    Sure of what lol? It practically doesn't even matter who's quote that is, that circular reasoning is silly nonetheless.

Seems like you liked it, though?
    Spider man and Batman were the two superhero’s I grew up with
    Seemed kinda nice to have an official statement by the Marvel guy saying Spidermans like the king of Marvel
    He is one of the most popular and relatable, yes.

Not the greatest.
    Why’d u revive a dead thread?
    Yes
    Lormif said:

Prathap said:

Great influence - Yes

technically if you want to go by power the Flash would beat Superman assuming both fully realize their powers. The Flash can speed up to a point superman cannot and f=ma. This is why you need to carefully define "greatest"
    I think ur misinterpreting. By greatest he means most popular not most powerful
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Djkrdjj said:

Lormif said:

Prathap said:

Great influence - Yes

You saw who I quoted right? they were talking about power...But in terms of popularity it is batman according to data.
    Yes
    Lormif said:

Djkrdjj said:

Lormif said:

Prathap said:

Great influence - Yes

You saw who I quoted right? they were talking about power...But in terms of popularity it is batman according to data.
    Yeah ur right, sorry.
    “This is why you need to carefully define "greatest"
    I was talking about this line specifically
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    No, who(including dc)
    Is he a great hero, yes

Is he #1, no. There are more powerful hero’s and heroines in marvel who are stronger than Spider-Man.
    Yes

Is he a great hero, yes

Is he #1, no. There are more powerful hero’s and heroines in marvel who are stronger than Spider-Man.

Wow u and a lot of others don’t get it. I’m not talking about strength, obviously there’s more powerful and stronger hero’s or villains. I’m talking abou wether you think he is the best, most popular, all around superhero
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    No, who(including dc)
    The best by far and away is Superman.

Superman (everyone is a hero)
    Spider-man (great powers, great responsibility).

insert any after that.
    Yes

The best by far and away is Superman.

Superman (everyone is a hero)
    Spider-man (great powers, great responsibility).

insert any after that.

Nah, boo Superman. Only decent Superman story was Injustice, can’t remeber others off the top of my head.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes
    He’s one of very few if any heroes who can be connected with real life, especially my life as I am on high school, he’s one of very few who cares about individual people who aren’t teammates and is just very unique
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Yes
    Didn't see the option to include DC heroes. Spiderman is Marvel's most famous hero. Overall it's gotta be either Batman or Superman though
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Woody15 said:

Didn't see the option to include DC heroes. Spiderman is Marvel's most famous hero. Overall it's gotta be either Batman or Superman though

In my books it would be Superman, because he is a symbol of hope, for that power corrupts, yet there is a guy with absolute power that didn't get corrupted by it and uses it for doing good, thus hope that maybe power not always corrupts. As a side note, I recommend "The Reckoners" book trilogy by Brandon Sanderson that also dwells on that subject by using superheroes