**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which of these hypothetical duos would combine to form the best defender?

DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
**Notes:**

- Every base stat, such as crit rating, block prof., etc inherited from whomever's is highest (ie. Champ gets Ant-Man's health pool but Electro's attack rating)

- Champ gains unawakened+awakened abilities at max sig unless stated otherwise.

- First two notes apply to specials (ie. Champ's sp1 gets Magik's nullify + Hyperion's incinerate)

- No synergies unless stated otherwise

*Defenders:*

1) *Fear the Neyaphem:* Void + Nightcrawler (permanently in Neyaphem stance. NO SWASHBUCKLER)

2) *Break In 2, Electric Boogaloo:* Ant-Man + Electro (Electro but with a larger health pool than Hulkbuster and 99%+ chance to glance)

3) *Cosmic and Wanda:* Venom + Scarlet Witch (Klyntar Chaos has birthed a champ w/ a fairly odd playstyle.)

4) *Order of the Black Gem of Cyttorak:* Corvus Glave + Juggernaut (Corvus goes unstoppable after every special, with the 3rd pinning opponent against the wall)

5) *Russian Backbreaker:* Magik + Hyperion (Get it? Because she's always in limbo due to Hype's power gain)

6) *It's Mongerin' Time:* Killmonger + Thing (Thing can now tank special 3s and have reverberation)

7) *Iron Kitty:* Black Panther (Civil War) + Iron Man (Infinity War) (Both armor up passives AND buffs are consumed/reflected when stunned)

8) *M.O.R.D.O:* Mordo + M.O.D.O.K (I just thought the name was funny)

9) *Regeneration X:* Wolverine + Mr. Sinister (Yes, champ simultaneously has an x% chance to gain a regen buff via Wolverine and 100% chance to regen 70% of crit damage. Regen abilities are seperate)

10) *Hell and Hela:* Mephisto + Hela (inherits synergy abilities, so starts fight with 1 bar of power + regains spent soul to activate Soul Imprisonment)

BONUS) *Earthquake:* Korg + Quake (This would win by landslide so I excluded it)

Which of these hypothetical duos would combine to form the best defender? 26 votes

Void/Nightcrawler (Neyaphem Stance Only)
7%
Savio444Arsoz 2 votes
Electro/Ant-Man
3%
Eviscerator 1 vote
Venom/Scarlet Witch
7%
Mr_incredibl3King_Leo321 2 votes
Corvus Glaive/Juggernaut
3%
Dead1 1 vote
Magik/Hyperion
42%
Duke_SilverMysterioJuggerNotX_Factor_AgentMidnite93HedronFreeToPlay_21Ctfz35Wade420wilson69SuperGoodTickleMeElmo 11 votes
Killmonger/Thing
7%
Rougeknight87LoctiteSuperGlue 2 votes
Black Panther (Civil War)/Iron Man (Infinity War)
3%
AshKetchum 1 vote
M.O.D.O.K/Mordo
19%
Lvernon15shadow_lurker22Shadow_PhoneixSkillful_starMassapeal 5 votes
Wolverine/Mr. Sinister
3%
Batman1903 1 vote
Hela/Mephisto
0%

Comments

• GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    For me the ultimate defender would be:

Domino frost.

Just add the special attack bosts, diamond form and that telepathic skills to the critical failure and unlucky features of domino.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    M.O.D.O.K/Mordo
    Void/nightcrawler you can just use a champion with true strike.

Electro/ant man go with either omega red or namor cause they take no damage back,and they can just kill him with DOT.

Venom/scarlet witch they aren't that difficult to fight .

Corvus/juggs corvus isn't that difficult if you can intercept,and juggs can easily be countered by either cap IW or night monkey.

Magik/Hyperion if you power lock them it's an easily life,they'll first get to their sp3 fast but if you play magik,then you will be able to get to your sp2 and powerlock them and it's just magik doing her thing from there.

Killmonger/thing the same deal as jugs I would say.

Black panther cw/iron man Iw this is the one I wanted to choose, I have a hard time against IMIW....

MODOK/mordo if you have a true strike champion then it's an easy match.

Wolverine/Mr sinister you can go 2 routs with this,either no crits like crossbones and raw damage and hope that that damage out does the heal from wolverine,otherwise heal block like yondu and hope that the bleeds do the work for you without having to crit.

Hela/mephisto if you have an incinerate immune champion then the match is done, human torch,havok....and hela isn't really that annoying.. to me at least.

Some were disappointing, but it's generally a nice concept. Good job
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    @Skillful_star These duos werent designed to be perfect, or even well rounded. I was going for champs whose abilities "synergize" to create new mechanics (ie. Iron Kitty has more chances to reflect due to IMIW armor up passives+autoblock tends to lead to parries). Kinda wanted specialized duos who had counters as well (tbh its nearly impossible not to have one). Wouldnt be fun if I just added two random, OP defenders, so I added themes and focused more on that instead of flexibility. If you noticed, most of the duos need very specific counters (ie. Electro/Ant Man would be a pain for most attackers) and that makes this even more fun since u can strategize counters.

Someone like Corvus/Juggs, for example, was designed with aggression in mind, whereas someone like Mephisto/Hela was designed to be stubborn. Also, someone like Venom/SW was designed with unpredictability as the theme. And etc..

M.O.R.D.O was the only exception. I just thought his name was hilarious lol
    Gildenlow said:

Domino frost.

Just add the special attack bosts, diamond form and that telepathic skills to the critical failure and unlucky features of domino.

I really wanted to add Emma but I couldnt find a suitable counterpart bc i couldnt find anyone that would enhance her diamond form. But this post actually gave me an idea. Pairing her with Domino would make the opponent WANT to keep her in Diamond form since going into Telepathic form then switching back gives her indefinite prowess buffs (essentially, dont let her fire prowess-enhanced sp3s).

Domino might actually be the best for this bc her special 3 is stupid powerful + it would force the summoner to play more aggressively to try and win before special 3 (and get hit with an evade-> 5 hit combo) + critical hits grant prowess, and Domino crits a lot...

Although, i think datamined Colossus would be an even better fit (armor break immune + Diamond form can be forced to switch to Telepathic through armor break). Of course, that isnt really a fair option now since its not out yet.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Magik/Hyperion
    Very creative! Great work @DPXFistheGOAT !

Very creative! Great work @DPXFistheGOAT !

Thanks fellow Deadpool
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    M.O.D.O.K/Mordo

@Skillful_star These duos werent designed to be perfect, or even well rounded. I was going for champs whose abilities "synergize" to create new mechanics (ie. Iron Kitty has more chances to reflect due to IMIW armor up passives+autoblock tends to lead to parries). Kinda wanted specialized duos who had counters as well (tbh its nearly impossible not to have one). Wouldnt be fun if I just added two random, OP defenders, so I added themes and focused more on that instead of flexibility. If you noticed, most of the duos need very specific counters (ie. Electro/Ant Man would be a pain for most attackers) and that makes this even more fun since u can strategize counters.

Someone like Corvus/Juggs, for example, was designed with aggression in mind, whereas someone like Mephisto/Hela was designed to be stubborn. Also, someone like Venom/SW was designed with unpredictability as the theme. And etc..

I think you misunderstood me,I like the concept of mixing different characters and getting new abilities but what I'm saying is with the combos you did you could've been a bit more creative like adding a bit more pizzazz like with hela/mephisto and like scarlet witch/venom specifically. But I do like the concept.

Gildenlow said:

Domino frost.

I really wanted to add Emma but I couldnt find a suitable counterpart bc i couldnt find anyone that would enhance her diamond form. But this post actually gave me an idea. Pairing her with Domino would make the opponent WANT to keep her in Diamond form since going into Telepathic form then switching back gives her indefinite prowess buffs (essentially, dont let her fire prowess-enhanced sp3s).

Domino might actually be the best for this bc her special 3 is stupid powerful + it would force the summoner to play more aggressively to try and win before special 3 (and get hit with an evade-> 5 hit combo) + critical hits grant prowess, and Domino crits a lot...

Although, i think datamined Colossus would be an even better fit (armor break immune + Diamond form can be forced to switch to Telepathic through armor break). Of course, that isnt really a fair option now since its not out yet.
    This on the other hand can be countered by 2 different methods:
    1. Tanks: Iceman, he is naturally bleed and incinerate immune, just push her to her sp3 all while maintaining the ice armour, you'll only take 5% damage and well,it's easy game from there.
    Luke cage(awakened) ,he is naturally bleed immune, the tactic here is to not take a hit,play as aggressively as possible and then he won't take any damage from her sp3 while he has indestructible.
    Ghost, this isn't easy cause you need to be able to play her right,but if you do you should know that if just before the AI trigger their sp3 if ghost phases she won't take any damage from the sp3 as well as since she's phasing she would convert the bleed to a fury.
    Hela(awakened),now this is one of the hardest as well,you would need to go full offensive on her,do as much mediums as possible,and then charge the heavy as much as possible to get as much furries as possible(around 20) get to the sp3 tank the damage ,and then you go into berserk mode,because as soon as the indestructible wears off the bleed will get you,so you have to kill her with all the furries(which deal insane damage) as soon as possible.

2. Control,Dormammu: naturally bleed immune,and as long as you do mediums only the opponent will be only around 1-1.5 bars of power,trigger the sp2 power lock her and then do mediums and boom she has no more power. And you just rinse and repeat.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Thing/Korg would make me rage quit before I even started the fight.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Just saying Antman+GP on a Debuff immune node will be one tough cookie to break.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★

I think you misunderstood me,I like the concept of mixing different characters and getting new abilities but what I'm saying is with the combos you did you could've been a bit more creative like adding a bit more pizzazz like with hela/mephisto and like scarlet witch/venom specifically. But I do like the concept.

Gildenlow said:

Domino frost.

This on the other hand can be countered by 2 different methods:
    1. Tanks: Iceman, he is naturally bleed and incinerate immune, just push her to her sp3 all while maintaining the ice armour, you'll only take 5% damage and well,it's easy game from there.
    Luke cage(awakened) ,he is naturally bleed immune, the tactic here is to not take a hit,play as aggressively as possible and then he won't take any damage from her sp3 while he has indestructible.
    Ghost, this isn't easy cause you need to be able to play her right,but if you do you should know that if just before the AI trigger their sp3 if ghost phases she won't take any damage from the sp3 as well as since she's phasing she would convert the bleed to a fury.
    Hela(awakened),now this is one of the hardest as well,you would need to go full offensive on her,do as much mediums as possible,and then charge the heavy as much as possible to get as much furries as possible(around 20) get to the sp3 tank the damage ,and then you go into berserk mode,because as soon as the indestructible wears off the bleed will get you,so you have to kill her with all the furries(which deal insane damage) as soon as possible.

2. Control,Dormammu: naturally bleed immune,and as long as you do mediums only the opponent will be only around 1-1.5 bars of power,trigger the sp2 power lock her and then do mediums and boom she has no more power. And you just rinse and repeat.
    Yeah, good luck trying to survive the critical failure on that imaond form sustainability. I don't think iceman hits hard enough.

On the other hand dormammu would be the worse option since maintaining her on diamond form is only making the fight impossible to end in time, plus the constant critical failure would kill you.

Thing/Korg would make me rage quit before I even started the fight.

I wanted to combine them, then I realized Korg loses rockstacks when hit, while Thing gains them.