**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Insane Cull Obsidian Damage

Comments

• OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    GasHauler said:

@Kabam Vydious so my question is, what about all the people that used valuable resources to take Cull Obsidian to Rank 5 (or Rank 2 6*) based on the fact that he had this overkill damage, and/or used him to clear hard content such as LOL and Variant quests. Clearly the people lucky enough to to have him during this period had an extreme advantage that others didn’t. Granted I realize this probably affected a very small percentage of the player base, but it’s still presents an imbalance. I am not suggesting any actions be taken against players that did this, simply wondering if there will be, or if any compensation will be given to those that ranked him solely because of the changes that were made? And for the record, I do not have Cull Obsidian at all in any rarity.

I’m sorry man but honestly in this case anybody who took Cull to R5 based on his “new” broken damage shouldn’t get anything. (They wouldn't need it anyways. He will still be as released which is an amazing champ)
    Everybody else probably saw it on YouTube first so they’d know it was a bug.

If not, I think this time it was pretty obvious and when someone sees their champ hit for 300k medium then that guy that ranked him up should’ve done his homework and investigate a little. Many in my alliance sent videos saying “guys, something is wrong”.
    There were enough threads where it said this was bugged.

It was pretty clear
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

He couldn't even beat 6.1.5 xbones let alone tons of paths in 6.2

Excuse me what?
    FYI, thats a rank4 unduped cull....
    https://youtu.be/kFz_G_-leW8

That's also the one super easy path without bane
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    Ryan18th said:

Hey y'all -

We can confirm that at the moment Cull is outputting way more damage than we had intended and that this way more than he was ever intended to do. We are working on a fix for him and hoping to have it out ASAP. We're sorry for the inconvenience on this one, folks.

Cull’s damage is balanced by his sh1t block proficiency and pretty narrow utility, now you’re going to nerf him? You didn’t test him since the first time and gonna nerf something again... People have spent a lot of money and units for him as well.

So a high damage output like 60k hit from Cull is not acceptable but a 60k hit from Sym Supreme is OK? And Aegon is OK? And Corvus is OK? And Domino is OK? And Namor is OK?

C’mon Kabam you guys are doing stupid things again and again, what a sh1t show!
    All the champs mentioned does that damage from a SP2. Cull does that from a medium crit.

Feel the difference.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

Ryan18th said:

Hey y'all -

We can confirm that at the moment Cull is outputting way more damage than we had intended and that this way more than he was ever intended to do. We are working on a fix for him and hoping to have it out ASAP. We're sorry for the inconvenience on this one, folks.

Cull’s damage is balanced by his sh1t block proficiency and pretty narrow utility, now you’re going to nerf him? You didn’t test him since the first time and gonna nerf something again... People have spent a lot of money and units for him as well.

So a high damage output like 60k hit from Cull is not acceptable but a 60k hit from Sym Supreme is OK? And Aegon is OK? And Corvus is OK? And Domino is OK? And Namor is OK?

Agreed, for Cull to reach this godly damage he MUST have all ten Thanos Favor buffs active. This cannot happen on the first fight and these charges do expire so even then it’s not constant. His low crit and block proficiency rating make him hard to sustain long term, he needs to go through several fights so you will have to heal him and possibly revive before you get ten Thanos Favor charges.
    Does Cull currently hit hard as hell? Yes. Can he tackle tough end game content with ten charge, yes. Can you walk into Variant two/act 6 and not spend health potions or revives to clear a path? No.
    Best case scenario with Cull right now you start a path in LOL, Variant2 or Act 6, his first fight he gets 3/4 charges (possible with synergies) and you heal him back to 100% health. Second fight gets to 5/6 charges, heal him up. And so on.
    It’s still gonna cost resources to get him to hit hard.
    In long fights Aegon, Namor, Fury, Ghost, Sym Supreme and others can also do this kind of damage in just one fight. That’s why all these champs are highly sough after.

I think it comes down to testing your content Mo Betta and stop jerking around the player base.
    Nah. I disagree with you. An alliance mate just 100% V2 with Cull. To ramp him up, what he did was to quit the earlier 3 fights using other champs with the defender at 2-3% life, and let Cull finish the fight to gain the charges. Do it 3x and you have a fully ramped up Cull to finish the remainder of the path and boss. 0 items spent, except energy refills, to 100% V2, in.. hm... 1.5 days. 6* R1 unduped Cull.
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    Guys what's done is done..move on..I don't think Kabam really cares now. They have fixed the champion so let's hope they fix other issues. I really hope they don't mess up again but on the compensation part its really very hard to provide rank downs as one must have known what he was doing before he had the bug and after his game breaking damage bug. They can't make changes like make him immune or change his block rating even if it takes few hours because it was never the part of the deal. If they do so everyone who has other champs will start to ask for their top champions to get the same.
    In short let's hope they compensate if they can but please you know the history!
    Good day!
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    Stop calling nerf this damage is a bloody bug know the difference no one should do 150k in 10 hits or 5 if crits if it's a nerf his thanos favor would add 10% each one instead it will add 1% know the difference like sw was nerfed by crit rate and her sig going from 100% to 85% please stop calling nerf if the thanos favor isnt added but times instead
    Bendy said:

Stop calling nerf this damage is a bloody bug know the difference no one should do 150k in 10 hits or 5 if crits if it's a nerf his thanos favor would add 10% each one instead it will add 1% know the difference like sw was nerfed by crit rate and her sig going from 100% to 85% please stop calling nerf if the thanos favor isnt added but times instead

He probably can do 150k in 10 hits in his original state. He cannot do 550k in 10 hits like I did with him the other night while testing the fix however

Bendy said:

He probably can do 150k in 10 hits in his original state. He cannot do 550k in 10 hits like I did with him the other night while testing the fix however
    People just dont understand nerf and bugs are and that there 2 different things and yeah but even 150k I think be at least 20 hits if u get lucky crits could be lucky but no clue but yeah right now 10 hits to do over what he use to is so huge and yeah I saw vids of him the other day 8 hits to do 550k if super lucky
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

People just dont understand nerf and bugs are and that there 2 different things and yeah but even 150k I think be at least 20 hits if u get lucky crits could be lucky but no clue but yeah right now 10 hits to do over what he use to is so huge and yeah I saw vids of him the other day 8 hits to do 550k if super lucky
    I really don't think 150k in 10 hits is a stretch at all for him at R5 with 10 charges in his original state.

But in the the video I posted here I killed RoL Hulk in 10 hits the other night which is ridiculous. My last medium did over 330k in one hit between normal and rout damage
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Diksh619 said:

xNig said:

Ryan18th said:

Hey y'all -

Agreed, for Cull to reach this godly damage he MUST have all ten Thanos Favor buffs active. This cannot happen on the first fight and these charges do expire so even then it’s not constant. His low crit and block proficiency rating make him hard to sustain long term, he needs to go through several fights so you will have to heal him and possibly revive before you get ten Thanos Favor charges.
    Does Cull currently hit hard as hell? Yes. Can he tackle tough end game content with ten charge, yes. Can you walk into Variant two/act 6 and not spend health potions or revives to clear a path? No.
    Best case scenario with Cull right now you start a path in LOL, Variant2 or Act 6, his first fight he gets 3/4 charges (possible with synergies) and you heal him back to 100% health. Second fight gets to 5/6 charges, heal him up. And so on.
    In long fights Aegon, Namor, Fury, Ghost, Sym Supreme and others can also do this kind of damage in just one fight. That’s why all these champs are highly sough after.

I think it comes down to testing your content Mo Betta and stop jerking around the player base.
    Nah. I disagree with you. An alliance mate just 100% V2 with Cull. To ramp him up, what he did was to quit the earlier 3 fights using other champs with the defender at 2-3% life, and let Cull finish the fight to gain the charges. Do it 3x and you have a fully ramped up Cull to finish the remainder of the path and boss. 0 items spent, except energy refills, to 100% V2, in.. hm... 1.5 days. 6* R1 unduped Cull.
    Brother he is lying..ask him how he did variant 2 chapter 3.3 the cosmic path where you have Dr strange path, domino path, Hyperion path, and symbiote supreme path..I tried it too for fun and was destroyed as the buffs were instantly nullified. Even if the damage was insane but you can't ramp him up easily without a hell lot of revives so to the people who think it was a walk in the park..please try the stuff and then comment.
    This exactly. Plus Mephisto, Cull doesn’t start with Favor buffs and can never get them.

Diksh619 said:

xNig said:

Ryan18th said:

Hey y'all -

Brother he is lying..ask him how he did variant 2 chapter 3.3 the cosmic path where you have Dr strange path, domino path, Hyperion path, and symbiote supreme path..I tried it too for fun and was destroyed as the buffs were instantly nullified. Even if the damage was insane but you can't ramp him up easily without a hell lot of revives so to the people who think it was a walk in the park..please try the stuff and then comment.
    This exactly. Plus Mephisto, Cull doesn’t start with Favor buffs and can never get them.
    Can't refresh after a sp3? Still would be a horrible fight regardless

Diksh619 said:

xNig said:

Ryan18th said:

Hey y'all -

Can't refresh after a sp3? Still would be a horrible fight regardless
    Yep, no refresh

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

I really don't think 150k in 10 hits is a stretch at all for him at R5 with 10 charges in his original state.

But in the the video I posted here I killed RoL Hulk in 10 hits the other night which is ridiculous. My last medium did over 330k in one hit between normal and rout damage
    That's insane though but he shouldn't really deal anything more than 150k without rout active really as just a basic hit doing 27k almost 30k if crit is really insane and seeing vids from release of him doing 150k in over 10 hits and 550k in around 60 hits so the difference from then to now is insane
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

He has not been sold in his broken state.

Which broken state do you refer to? Because he has been sold while broken, just not with this break. Many people also bought shards deals to buy featured crystals in hopes of getting him, while others splurged on 4th of July deals to rank him up (and his wet noodle bug was known of well before that deal went live)
    DalBot said:

He has not been sold in his broken state.

Which broken state do you refer to? Because he has been sold while broken, just not with this break. Many people also bought shards deals to buy featured crystals in hopes of getting him, while others splurged on 4th of July deals to rank him up (and his wet noodle bug was known of well before that deal went live)
    I'm obviously talking about this overpowered damage bug. No one can really say they were going for him b/c of the previous bug and now be mad about him being fixed back to his original state.
  • Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    Cull with 10 missions was still normal awesome damage. This bug was in fact waaay too much damage. It had nothing to do with his armor breaks so not limit them and nerf him. It was 100 percent how thanos favor was acting with his missions. 3 armor breaks was hitting for 300k heavies no route active
  • Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    This was just yesterday i noticed. Previously his damage output was normal awesome. Not stupid op awesome. Dont nerf him! Simply make him how he was last week! @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

Cull does too much damage but so do MANY champs.
    Leave Cull as is.

Plenty of champs have amazing damage output, should we neuter them all? A lot of champs have high damage with only one fight, Cull needs his Favor charges which are earned over several fights. Seems like a decent balance.
    Yet cull is doing more damage on a medium with no ramp up (no ramp up in individual fights)
    Kobster84 said:

Leave Cull as is.

Plenty of champs have amazing damage output, should we neuter them all? A lot of champs have high damage with only one fight, Cull needs his Favor charges which are earned over several fights. Seems like a decent balance.
    Yet cull is doing more damage on a medium with no ramp up (no ramp up in individual fights)
    Nope. Show a picture with a single Thanos favor charge buff and him doing 35,000 damage as you claim. At 10 charges with rout on maybe

Kobster84 said:

Leave Cull as is.

Nope. Show a picture with a single Thanos favor charge buff and him doing 35,000 damage as you claim. At 10 charges with rout on maybe
    I’m talking about the bugged version doing 330k damage on a medium
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

Kobster84 said:

Leave Cull as is.

Does this count?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/uu/1d0abeddznkw.jpg

Kobster84 said:

Leave Cull as is.

Does this count?

No. His charges are covered.

Kobster84 said:

Leave Cull as is.

Does this count?

No. His charges are covered.
    He had 10 no suicides boosts his damage is bugged right now and does need to be fixed he still has insane damage before this would probably be hitting 50k mediums
    xxILORDxx said:

I see normal hits rating really .

This is with one charge, like op says, normal damage.

xxILORDxx said:

I see normal hits rating really .

This is with one charge, like op says, normal damage.
    Ye and??? He’s a ramp up champ

Hey everyone -

We just pushed a bug fix live that fixed his damage output when he stacks 10 Charges that was incorrect prior. Sorry again for all the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for the patience while we worked to get it resolved.

Just curious as to why this only took 1 day to fix and the other bug took nearly 4 weeks
    Like I agree with the bug being fixed thank you but it does seem when it benefits us it is fixed near immediately
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    But yeah, clearly you folks continue to treat Player favorable bugs with the same urgency as you treat Kabam favorable bugs 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Can we stop with that please? No one is benefitting from that bug.
This discussion has been closed.