**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Insane Cull Obsidian Damage

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

Can we stop with that please? No one is benefitting from that bug.

Tell that to the people I know of who finished Variant 2 in the past 24 hours
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I'm not sure that's true. Regardless it was a whole lot of fun testing him. Too bad I had pretty much all of what he was good for already done

I'm not sure that's true. Regardless it was a whole lot of fun testing him. Too bad I had pretty much all of what he was good for already done
    Same, completed all of the end-game content a while ago, but wouldn't want to be punished for "exploiting" like I'm sure some will be 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

So people fast-tracked End-Game content with a Champ that can go from 0 to 500k in 10 Hits, and you think that's a benefit?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

So people fast-tracked End-Game content with a Champ that can go from 0 to 500k in 10 Hits, and you think that's a benefit?
    You said “no one is benefiting from this bug” he proved you wrong by saying people who used him benefited end of discussion

DalBot said:

I don't know about you but I consider getting a nice stockpile of rewards including a 4-5 5* gem to be a benefit. Now those players have access to materials to make big leaps in their progression.

Stop being disingenuous
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

I don't know about you but I consider getting a nice stockpile of rewards including a 4-5 5* gem to be a benefit. Now those players have access to materials to make big leaps in their progression.

Stop being disingenuous
    Disingenuous? I'm not being disingenouous at all. I'm just not looking through a tunnel.
    Getting Rewards is the least of it. When people are bypassing content designed for a very specific amount of skill with Champs that are game-breakingly OP, they're progressing without developing those skills. Then they're earning Rewards without actually earning them and that is not fair to those who earned them properly. So you end up with people bypassing growth and earning Rewards prematurely, which affects a number of systems.
    Not to mention the effects of having a Champ like that in competitive game modes like War. That is most certainly a larger issue.
    Game-breaking is game-breaking. Getting Rewards from a game-breaking situation does more harm than good.
    Tell that to the people with shiny new R5 5* among all of the other materials. The benefitted greatly from this. Stop trying to make terrible legalese comments to try to change the subject.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Same, completed all of the end-game content a while ago, but wouldn't want to be punished for "exploiting" like I'm sure some will be 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Do they actually punish people for using a champ that they messed up on? That’s pretty terrible of them if so
    Sounds like your issue is more with the fact that people took advantage of it than the actual effect. You do realize that just supports my case, right?
    Etm34 said:

DalBot said:

Do they actually punish people for using a champ that they messed up on? That’s pretty terrible of them if so
    It entirely depends on the situation. I can't speak for their actions, but if something is a clear and known exploit, they can. Regardless of whether the error is on their end or not. Can't speak for this situation, though.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,349 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    I hope they talk to us about people beating v2 with cull as its suppose to be using different champs and have some skill to it as I'm almost done with mine as using venom at r4 and it's still taken me long time as it's quite difficult and always having to use others if cull is doing this without much problem I hope kabam do the right thing and talk to us on what they will do and not keep quiet
  • NickMerksNickMerks Posts: 64
    Cull obsidian is back to being worthless.

I don’t understand how people can complain about obsidian cull.

Cull Obsidians firsts two fights in a Quest are terrible.

Cull takes 3-5 fight to ramp up. With synergies.

Cull is countered by stun immune nodes, debuff immune nodes, any nodes with a damaging debuff(bleed,poison,shock,incenerate,exct.) Limber, Buffet. And probably more.

Cull is countered by Mephisto, SymSupreme, Thing (armor break immune and damage reduction), DrStrange?.

Cull is a champion that only has a 10-20 second window to get his damage in before his Thanos blessing fall off.

Cull relies on Heavy attack, Heavy attack is already one of the hardest abilities to use in the game.

And with all these odds stacked against him you decide to NERF him???

You really need to get ur Priorities in straight Kabam.

You nerf Obsidian cull into a useless state.

And you allow champions like Ghost who don’t even need to block attacks! And she counters 98% of all fights and nodes in the game! She has unblockable special attacks and attacks can’t be evaded. And she can also shrug all damaging debuffs and convert them into even more damage! All while having arguably the highest DPS in the game.
    NickMerks said:

Cull is countered by stun immune nodes, debuff immune nodes, any nodes with a damaging debuff(bleed,poison,shock,incenerate,exct.) Limber, Buffet. And probably more.

Cull is countered by Mephisto, SymSupreme, Thing (armor break immune and damage reduction), DrStrange?.

Cull is a champion that only has a 10-20 second window to get his damage in before his Thanos blessing fall off.

Cull relies on Heavy attack, Heavy attack is already one of the hardest abilities to use in the game.

And you allow champions like Ghost who don’t even need to block attacks! And she counters 98% of all fights and nodes in the game! She has unblockable special attacks and attacks can’t be evaded. And she can also shrug all damaging debuffs and convert them into even more damage! All while having arguably the highest DPS in the game.

He wasn’t nerfed bloody hell

Sounds like your issue is more with the fact that people took advantage of it than the actual effect. You do realize that just supports my case, right?

Riiiiiight.

You're the one who claimed nobody benefited. You were proven wrong with extreme prejudice. Then you try to change the parameter of the discussion. Hint, it's not working.
    DalBot said:

Riiiiiight.

You're the one who claimed nobody benefited. You were proven wrong with extreme prejudice. Then you try to change the parameter of the discussion. Hint, it's not working.
    Your thoughts on what a benefit is need to be expanded.
    He was fixed, then nerfed.
    And it is most disgusting nerf I’ve ever seen.
    80% reduced damage?
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    NickMerks said:

It wasn't exactly a nerf, it was a bug fix when Kabam f'ed up and he was hitting 100k+ on medium attacks, it's a tad OP, it's one thing for champs to deal massive damage on Special Attacks, it's why they are named Special attacks. When you do that theres a bit of a problem
    NickMerks said:

80% reduced damage?

Ughhhhh he didn’t have this damage when he was working on release only had it for a day
    NickMerks said:

80% reduced damage?

No. He was fixed, but the fix bugged him again. That was subsequently fixed. No nerfs. That amount of Damage was never intended.

DalBot said:

Riiiiiight.

Or maybe you need to look up what the word means because you're the only one who seems to be lost in translation
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

Riiiiiight.

Or maybe you need to look up what the word means because you're the only one who seems to be lost in translation
    Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Someone taking advantage of a broken Champ is not a benefit to anyone. Themselves included. That's about all I have to say on it. By all means, keep thinking about the Rewards.
  • SER_AXELSER_AXEL Posts: 11
    I know it's been said already. but it is worth repeating. when he was hitting like a noddle it took almost a month to fix. When it was in our favor it was fixed in a couple days. do you realize how this make your company look to the players?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

NickMerks said:

80% reduced damage?

It’s people like and proff hof that continue these kinds of misleading claims.
    I still can't understand how anyone can take absolutely anything he says seriously. The amount of retractions he's had to make after spewing a bunch of clickbait nonsense that was completely false should have discredited him with anyone by now

NickMerks said:

It wasn't exactly a nerf, it was a bug fix when Kabam f'ed up and he was hitting 100k+ on medium attacks, it's a tad OP, it's one thing for champs to deal massive damage on Special Attacks, it's why they are named Special attacks. When you do that theres a bit of a problem
    Cull has some of the weakest special attacks.
    Cull takes 5 fights to ramp up.
    He see Practically zero gameplay in teir1 war.
    This Nerf reduced his damage far too much for a champion that requires such in-depth setup, with only a 10second window to do his damage.

JUSTICE FOR CULL OBSIDIAN.
    NickMerks said:

NickMerks said:

This Nerf reduced his damage far too much for a champion that requires such in-depth setup, with only a 10second window to do his damage.

This fix brought him back to intended form. Nothing was intended about that amount of Damage. 500k in 10 Hits? Come on, now.
    NickMerks said:

NickMerks said:

Has some of the weakest special attacks would hardly call 400k sp3 and this was on release before the bug weak
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Kobster84 said:

xxILORDxx said:

I see normal hits rating really .

This is with one charge, like op says, normal damage.
    Ye and??? He’s a ramp up champ
    This was for the guy saying he does insane damage out of the gate, which he does not. Read up the thread bud.
    So is starlord, proxima, Corvus and all the top damage dealers. They are ramp up damage dealers with high damage, Cull is finally working well.
This discussion has been closed.