**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Power gain on seemingly every node?

OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
Why is there an ever increasing Power Gain buff on nearly every freaking node in the game it seems?

I really don’t understand why the lack of creativity and jus keep adding the same buff over and over and over AQ, AW, Quest events, etc.

It’s getting to the point of beyond ridiculous.

So what’s the reasoning behind it other than power gain equals SP3 and SP3 equals a death in most cases with the power of opponents in today’s game.

And I know there will be people staying use power control, use this, use that. Not everyone has those champions so that’s not the answer.

Comments

• Options
    OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Gamer said:

Use skill and learn how to bait specials. Can't pull that out of a crystal, though.

Not all things can be baiting.
    Agreed!
  • Options
    AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Baiting is not guaranteed , power gain and sp3 is.....!
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Definitely agree with the sentiment expressed here. I've always hated the idea that the enemy can just hold its specials and get to sp3 to 1 hit KO you.

I would add that not only is there an increasing amount of power gain, there is an increasing amount of nodes/champ abilities designed to prevent you from effectively controlling the enemies power. We are seeing that on Map 7 vivified path, and also Map 6 Dormamu mini boss.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Ultra8529 said:

Definitely agree with the sentiment expressed here. I've always hated the idea that the enemy can just hold its specials and get to sp3 to 1 hit KO you.

I would add that not only is there an increasing amount of power gain, there is an increasing amount of nodes/champ abilities designed to prevent you from effectively controlling the enemies power. We are seeing that on Map 7 vivified path, and also Map 6 Dormamu mini boss.

And hyperion map5

At least most of the time you can play around it somehow. Maybe its time to learn quake 🤔
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Rajdeep9 said:

Hyperion gets to atleast one sp3 however much you bait...Power Gain = Revives = Units = Money spinner

Watch one of the newest vids from KT1. He explains baiting in great detail.
    Hyperions never get to SP3 vs me.
    Not even the hyperion boss in act 5.3.4? who has +50% powergain and 40% longer buffs.
  • Options
    AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Pennmabob said:

Seraphion said:

Rajdeep9 said:

Hyperion gets to atleast one sp3 however much you bait...Power Gain = Revives = Units = Money spinner

Not even the hyperion boss in act 5.3.4? who has +50% powergain and 40% longer buffs.
    We all (probably) know how to bait effectively, but sometimes the AI just doesn't bait. No videos will change that.
    That’s what I initially meant. It’s been written into the code I guess , x % chance to land only sp3 and this is most unfair to players. I guess KM and icey should be bought to such fights

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

If you had it your way the game would be a cakewalk it seems. If the AI cannot hold onto its power it is just a constant sp1 fest.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

Why is there an ever increasing Power Gain buff on nearly every freaking node in the game it seems?

At least it's not Unblockable / Unstoppable!!

LOL
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Pennmabob said:

Seraphion said:

Rajdeep9 said:

We all (probably) know how to bait effectively, but sometimes the AI just doesn't bait. No videos will change that.
    Well, baiting skills can be improved as well. The last time I ate an sp3 from hyperion was quite a while ago. Since some time, when fighting him, I essentially never block, I always offer him an opening and he's really eager to do his part this way.
    Ye it’s just hyperion on oscillate is pretty bs
  • Options
    TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    OmegaMan said:

Gamer said:

Use skill and learn how to bait specials. Can't pull that out of a crystal, though.

Not all things can be baiting.
    Agreed!
    If you have a taunt with Sparky all things can be taunted. And if you get into trouble, use that EMP.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

If you had it your way the game would be a cakewalk it seems. If the AI cannot hold onto its power it is just a constant sp1 fest.
    and if you had yours it would be a revive fest.
    Incorrect. The way the game is currently is not a revive fest
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    AlphA101 said:

Pennmabob said:

Seraphion said:

Rajdeep9 said:

That’s what I initially meant. It’s been written into the code I guess , x % chance to land only sp3 and this is most unfair to players. I guess KM and icey should be bought to such fights
    Unless they are all or nothing, that's not true. Sometimes it is much more difficult to bait out specials, and sometimes the AI is doing unobvious things that make it difficult to figure out how to bait specials, and sometimes the fight just doesn't go your way, but it is never the case that the AI will sometimes simply refuse to throw anything except SP3.

Hyperion seems to be one of those that, at least in my testing, behaves slightly differently from other champions. Either because his AI is tweaked differently or because the standard AI just reacts differently when given Hyperion's abilities. For example, it seems that Hyperion more aggressively throws specials if his power gain buff is nullified or otherwise prevented. Conversely, it seems Hyperion gets less aggressive with specials if you parry him. And what really makes him more aggressive is if you get very close to him and then evade him a lot. This takes practice.

Also, if you're going to eat an SP3 from Hyperion, eat it early in the fight before he can get any furies and before he can get any cosmic charges. His SP3 doesn't actually hit very hard unbuffed. If I don't think I can easily bait him out, I'll just push him to SP3 as fast as possible. That way I can eat an unbuffed SP3 that won't kill me, and on top of that the more specials Hyperion throws the more aggressive he becomes in throwing specials, and that includes SP3.
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

How about actually getting killed because the player made a mistake and got hit?

Keep up your attempts at throwing shade though! (Still trying to find out where I had yelled (caps lock) in another thread lmao.) The constant disagree outnumbering agrees on each of your posts is proof enough you don't really make much sense.