**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Awesome Dungeons day

KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
there should be more dungeons day and rewards and all,this was actualy fun to do knowing rewards were worth the time.
thank you kabam.. please more dungeons day .

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Right? This was the first time ever I sat down and was like "Nice! Dungeons!".

They're actually quite fun in concept, it's just that the rewards are just really bad for the time you're investing.
    It doesn't feel like the fully fleshed out game mode it seemingly wishes to be.

you can get a 5* for about an hour of play. I am not sure how the rewards there are not worth the time.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Woozie said:

Lormif said:

They're actually quite fun in concept, it's just that the rewards are just really bad for the time you're investing.

you can get a 5* for about an hour of play. I am not sure how the rewards there are not worth the time.
    What? An hour of play equals a few dungeon cycles which is probably max 9,000 dungeon shards which no way close to being an hour per 27,000 shard crystal.
    Even with the extra objectives that doesn’t get us to a full basic 5* unless you’re already pretty close. I was lucky and was already close, but maybe he’s referring to 1 hours worth in each round?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Lormif how can u get a 5* in 1 hour?
    Neotwism said:

sorry, should have said ~2 hours total time. If you have your teammate worked out, or with a good random, it takes 7 days worth of matches like 20 minutes each if you are in tier one out of 60 days, and this is a highly conservative estimate. That is about 140m or 2h20m worth of game play. If you have good champs you can probably get it down much better. I find that most of my rooms take about. Tell me what other mode gives you that kinda of return.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    But i complete all of points in 1 day what tmmrrw i will do ??
    Again bored
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

sorry, should have said ~2 hours total time. If you have your teammate worked out, or with a good random, it takes 7 days worth of matches like 20 minutes each if you are in tier one out of 60 days, and this is a highly conservative estimate. That is about 140m or 2h20m worth of game play. If you have good champs you can probably get it down much better. I find that most of my rooms take about. Tell me what other mode gives you that kinda of return.
    Thanks for the clarification!
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    yeah got Emma Frost from death crystal very very very mesmerizing
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

it takes total of atleast 28/24 days to form a single 5* in dungeons ,and if ur missing few pooints you have to wait for another 2 weeks to get those,thats definitly far from good return but what they did with dungeons day allows you to get 1 5* guranteed in 2 weeks (6 rounds of dungens) which is good enough for me. also after waiting 28 days most likely u get only 275 shards unles ur lucky. so same time waiting for 2 weeks and perhaps slightly better crystal would b good to hve
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I liked the bonus. I have more than enough for a 5* crystal. Unfortunately I've already opened two out of this group. Missed on both. Now I have to wait for the next cycle of dungeons to come around as I don't really want anything from the other crystals. I can see no reason why we shouldn't be able to open the same crystal more than once and have another chance at the champ we actually want.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    also there is now 5* basic crystal as well, depending on roster that would b worth as well. lot of new good ones in basic now
    Kalantak said:

also there is now 5* basic crystal as well, depending on roster that would b worth as well. lot of new good ones in basic now

Hmmm. Forgot about that. Think I'll pop one.
    I've been having crazy good luck with basics lately. Just popped one from dungeon and awakened my Beast. Meh. Better than waiting a month to open a dungeon crystal though lol
    Kalantak said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

it takes total of atleast 28/24 days to form a single 5* in dungeons ,and if ur missing few pooints you have to wait for another 2 weeks to get those,thats definitly far from good return but what they did with dungeons day allows you to get 1 5* guranteed in 2 weeks (6 rounds of dungens) which is good enough for me. also after waiting 28 days most likely u get only 275 shards unles ur lucky. so same time waiting for 2 weeks and perhaps slightly better crystal would b good to hve
    You are counting off days, I am counting total time. I am counting effort. and even still it only requires 7 out of 10 dungeons, so you dont even have to wait the extra time.

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Are you for real here...?

That's some high class nonsense. Thanks for your input, though lol.
    So attack me, not the argument, uh hih...

Lormif said:

By the way, let me clarify something here.
    Outside of the unrealistic situation you've tried to paint, you invest a lot of time simply waiting for dungeons.

I'm not solely talking about gameplay time here. It doesn't feel rewarding at all to be a few points short of a crystal and having to wait several weeks to get it.

If dungeons go that smooth for you, kudos. But don't try to act like I'm full of sh*t and dungeons actually strictly deliver such a good bang for your buck.
    Simply not the case lol.
    You are conflating your impatience with the effort required to get the reward, where as I am talking about the effort required to get the reward. The sistuation is not unrealistic, it is how I typically have dungeons handled even with mediocre random groups. Outside of your impatience you cannot point to a better effort v reward in the game.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Funny how making the rewards worth the time makes Dungeons more enjoyable.

Lormif said:

Kalantak said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

You are counting off days, I am counting total time. I am counting effort. and even still it only requires 7 out of 10 dungeons, so you dont even have to wait the extra time.

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Lormif said:

Outside of the unrealistic situation you've tried to paint, you invest a lot of time simply waiting for dungeons.

I'm not solely talking about gameplay time here. It doesn't feel rewarding at all to be a few points short of a crystal and having to wait several weeks to get it.

If dungeons go that smooth for you, kudos. But don't try to act like I'm full of sh*t and dungeons actually strictly deliver such a good bang for your buck.
    Simply not the case lol.
    You are conflating your impatience with the effort required to get the reward, where as I am talking about the effort required to get the reward. The sistuation is not unrealistic, it is how I typically have dungeons handled even with mediocre random groups. Outside of your impatience you cannot point to a better effort v reward in the game.
    Mate, I never talked about effort. I definitely see how I haven't been clear enough on what I meant with the time investment, though.
    I can give you that.

Yes, I can do all the available milestones in quite the short amount time. Then I need to wait days for the next dungeon and do the same thing. And then I need to wait 2 weeks for the next round.

With that reasoning the calendar is actually the best this game has to offer. It's a ridiculous amount of stuff you can get in just a few seconds. Those seconds may be stretched out over the whole month, but that's a non factor, right?

I wasn't trying to attack you by the way and I apologize for it seeming that way. I guess we're following two different trains of thought here.

Let's agree to disagree.
    The calendar is great, it is a lot of free stuff that you have to do noting for. And yes it being stretched out over a month, or 3 months in terms of this plays no factor, it is free stuff, you log in, you get it.

Compare dungeons to war, war is vastly more risk for comparatively less rewards. It takes 11 wars at tier 4, all victories, to get 1 5*. Does it matter that hose 10 wars can be done in 4 weeks? no, it is still 10 wars and all the resources you put into it. How about act 6, I can get better rewards there in a day, but I you would probably need to pump massive amounts of resources into it.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    is this just for one day? I don't remember the in game mail saying how long the buffed dungeon days would be. Anyone know?

is this just for one day? I don't remember the in game mail saying how long the buffed dungeon days would be. Anyone know?

3 days, you have a buff that you can see the timer.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kalantak said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Lormif said:

Simply not the case lol.
    Mate, I never talked about effort. I definitely see how I haven't been clear enough on what I meant with the time investment, though.
    I can give you that.

Yes, I can do all the available milestones in quite the short amount time. Then I need to wait days for the next dungeon and do the same thing. And then I need to wait 2 weeks for the next round.

With that reasoning the calendar is actually the best this game has to offer. It's a ridiculous amount of stuff you can get in just a few seconds. Those seconds may be stretched out over the whole month, but that's a non factor, right?

I wasn't trying to attack you by the way and I apologize for it seeming that way. I guess we're following two different trains of thought here.

Let's agree to disagree.
    The calendar is great, it is a lot of free stuff that you have to do noting for. And yes it being stretched out over a month, or 3 months in terms of this plays no factor, it is free stuff, you log in, you get it.

Compare dungeons to war, war is vastly more risk for comparatively less rewards. It takes 11 wars at tier 4, all victories, to get 1 5*. Does it matter that hose 10 wars can be done in 4 weeks? no, it is still 10 wars and all the resources you put into it. How about act 6, I can get better rewards there in a day, but I you would probably need to pump massive amounts of resources into it.
    I get your point and I harshly disagree with it in the context of what we're talking about lol.

The main reward of dungeons and the one that's frequency of availability I'm criticizing is dungeon fragments. With these fragments you can get 5* crystals/5* dungeon crystals.

Aw in general provides crystal shards (besides other stuff depending on the tier and ranked rewards of course - not that important for the point, though). Simple basic crystal shards.
    The same type of shards you can get in most other game modes.

Saying you can get X 5*/dungeon crystals in X hours/days of dungeon is correct.

Saying you can get X 5* crystals in X wars for the sake of comparing the two is putting aw into an echo chamber, ignoring all those other 5* shards you're grabbing along the way through different means.

You're comparing the only method of acquiring dungeon fragments to only one of several methods of acquiring 5* shards.
    I am comparing apples to apples, you are comparing apples to limes. It does not matter if you can get other shards that combine with war shards, I am comparing the afford v rewards of AW to the effort v rewards of dungeons, and dungeons are vastly superior. You keep adding in the time it takes for you to get a reward from other sources into the effort v reward of the one source, that is irrelevant in relation to the source.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Funny how making the rewards worth the time makes Dungeons more enjoyable.

Dungeon rewards were always worth the time. Some of you just have unrealistic expectations

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kalantak said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Lormif said:

Simply not the case lol.
    I can give you that.

Let's agree to disagree.

I get your point and I harshly disagree with it in the context of what we're talking about lol.

The main reward of dungeons and the one that's frequency of availability I'm criticizing is dungeon fragments. With these fragments you can get 5* crystals/5* dungeon crystals.

Aw in general provides crystal shards (besides other stuff depending on the tier and ranked rewards of course - not that important for the point, though). Simple basic crystal shards.

Saying you can get X 5* crystals in X wars for the sake of comparing the two is putting aw into an echo chamber, ignoring all those other 5* shards you're grabbing along the way through different means.

You're comparing the only method of acquiring dungeon fragments to only one of several methods of acquiring 5* shards.
    I am comparing apples to apples, you are comparing apples to limes. It does not matter if you can get other shards that combine with war shards, I am comparing the afford v rewards of AW to the effort v rewards of dungeons, and dungeons are vastly superior. You keep adding in the time it takes for you to get a reward from other sources into the effort v reward of the one source, that is irrelevant in relation to the source.
    I'm doing what now...?

Okay look... Again, I'm not talking about the effort. If that's an aspect you want to focus on, then that's fine, but at that point we're talking about different things, making this conversation as fruitless as it already feels.

I'm saying: for me it takes too much time to get one dungeon crystal, making it not worth it for me. Not too much time spent playing dungeons, too much time to get the crystal period.
    Under normal circumstances I can not get a crystal in one dungeon round, meaning It takes me at least 1 month+ to get one 5* from dungeons.

Yes, aw does not provide me with more 5* crystals over the same time.
    But I also don't need to play aw to gather aw-crystal-fragments to save up to an aw-5*-crystal. It's not a separated game mode like dungeons.

I'm talking about the difference between the frequency of "getting a 5* from dungeons" and "getting a 5* in general".

If dungeons were to provide an amount of 5* shards equivalent of 1 full crystal over the same amount of time it'd take me to get enough fragments for 1 dungeon crystal, it would be a different story, since those shards would amplify my overall income of 5* shards.
    That's not what's happening, though. So on the basis of that it doesn't make sense to compare dungeons to only one of several modes giving out 5* shards.

Just an attempt to explain my actual point. We can absolutely disagree on the overall value of dungeons, but having my point distorted isn't fun lol.

Have a nice day.
    I understand what you are saying, but your point makes no sense from a game design perspective. Effort vs reward is generally how things are looked at, not, well it takes me 2 hours, but distributed over a month. it gives crystals fast for the effort, it has to regulate that somehow.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kalantak said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Lormif said:

Simply not the case lol.
    I can give you that.

Let's agree to disagree.

I'm doing what now...?

Okay look... Again, I'm not talking about the effort. If that's an aspect you want to focus on, then that's fine, but at that point we're talking about different things, making this conversation as fruitless as it already feels.

I'm saying: for me it takes too much time to get one dungeon crystal, making it not worth it for me. Not too much time spent playing dungeons, too much time to get the crystal period.
    Under normal circumstances I can not get a crystal in one dungeon round, meaning It takes me at least 1 month+ to get one 5* from dungeons.

Yes, aw does not provide me with more 5* crystals over the same time.
    But I also don't need to play aw to gather aw-crystal-fragments to save up to an aw-5*-crystal. It's not a separated game mode like dungeons.

I'm talking about the difference between the frequency of "getting a 5* from dungeons" and "getting a 5* in general".

If dungeons were to provide an amount of 5* shards equivalent of 1 full crystal over the same amount of time it'd take me to get enough fragments for 1 dungeon crystal, it would be a different story, since those shards would amplify my overall income of 5* shards.
    That's not what's happening, though. So on the basis of that it doesn't make sense to compare dungeons to only one of several modes giving out 5* shards.

Just an attempt to explain my actual point. We can absolutely disagree on the overall value of dungeons, but having my point distorted isn't fun lol.

Have a nice day.
    I understand what you are saying, but your point makes no sense from a game design perspective. Effort vs reward is generally how things are looked at, not, well it takes me 2 hours, but distributed over a month. it gives crystals fast for the effort, it has to regulate that somehow.
    Yes, I wouldn't even disagree on that lol.

It simply doesn't feel satisfying to me, not the ideal player, me, to get like 4/5 of a 5* crystal for playing dungeons per month, while cashing in several 5* crystals through different means over that time period.

Most other game modes sort of train us towards the expectation of "do something - get something". This leads to me being satisfied with getting a small amount of 5* shards for one aw victory, because in theory I can make use of those immediately.

Dungeons simply don't work that way and I get it. I really don't want to say "dungeons are bad and you should feel bad for liking them". No, by any means, my point is extremely subjective and don't worry I'm aware of that lol.

Most game modes provide something along the way and an end reward.

For example:

Aw provides you with 5* shards along the way and season rewards at the end.
    Arena provides you with units and gold along the way and 5* shards at the end.

Dungeons however provide a minuscule amount of t4cc fragments along the way and additionally a means to get the end reward. What you get on the way is what you ultimately need to purchase the end reward.

This doesn't satisfy the type of player this game "trained" me to be.
    fair enough