**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to keep your bloody patience in long fights?

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
I'm at 5.1.5 and the stacked opponents with the annoying Burden of Might nodes. I'm running a team of 4/40 4 stars so the fights are getting pretty long. These are the longest fights I've ever played, and I can't seem to keep my frickin cool.

I get frustrated while baiting a special, or take too much block damage. It's really annoying and I can't get past this quest. I'm not using any resources, I'm just retrying, so it's even worse.

How do YOU guys be patient in long fights? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    That’s exactly what it was like for me. I just kept trying and trying over and over again until I did it flawlessly and made it to the next quest. For that quest I went down the cap then hulk if that helps. It may take a while and it can be very aggravating but just keep trying. It also can’t help to keep beefing up your team. Play a bunch of AQ and r5 some of your 4 stars. After that you should be able to beat and explore 5.1 pretty easily. Good luck.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I like to listen to music when I play the game, and turn the sound animations for the game off. I'm just at a lot more ease listening to my own stuff.

If you find you're getting really frustrated, that's probably a good sign that it might be time to take a break from the story quests. I realize you wanna pump out as much as possible, but there will come a time where it's very difficult to complete quests with champs at a certain rank. It's just progression. Maybe focus on other areas of the game for a bit so you can get some rank ups, and come back and crush the content when you're a little more prepared.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I'm at 5.1.5 and the stacked opponents with the annoying Burden of Might nodes. I'm running a team of 4/40 4 stars so the fights are getting pretty long. These are the longest fights I've ever played, and I can't seem to keep my frickin cool.

I get frustrated while baiting a special, or take too much block damage. It's really annoying and I can't get past this quest. I'm not using any resources, I'm just retrying, so it's even worse.

How do YOU guys be patient in long fights? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. I find a comfy place to sit.
    2. I find a place that's cool, where I can put the phone down. Bonus points if it is a hard surface that will cool the phone, because 99% of lag is heat.
    3. I don't have the TV on, and I don't even play music. The rhythm of the music can sometimes throw me off.
    4. If I die, I stand up and take a minute to relax.
    5. If it is a really, really hard fight I video cap them. If I die, I try to watch the video before trying again, so I can see what stupid things I did to avoid them next time.
    6. Breathe. Not kidding, it is the first thing people forget to do in stressful situations. Keep breathing, and take a few deep breaths before jumping in again.
    Good idea on the videos. I never thought of that. It probably would have helped me out a lot back in the day.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Thank you! All this seems really helpful. I'll try it
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Use as many boosts as possible, really help without having to go the suicides way
    Catherine said:

you can cheese burdon off might with a champ that stuns on l1. they can be stun locked. check out kt1 on you tube to get the pro tips

Yeah thanks but sadly I don't have a champion like that.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Pick up fishing. 😊
    xNig said:

Pick up fishing. 😊

Sure why not :smile:
  • age_of_andycapage_of_andycap Posts: 95
    Honestly, on long fights i die on (goes with hard content as well)... first and foremost, i make sure i'm in a quiet room. This gives me the opportunity to shout loud expletives regarding: how much i hate the game, why do i bother playing, and the common "i hate this company". I personally find it very stress relieving, and i go back to playing the game with a smile on my face afterwards.

Honestly, on long fights i die on (goes with hard content as well)... first and foremost, i make sure i'm in a quiet room. This gives me the opportunity to shout loud expletives regarding: how much i hate the game, why do i bother playing, and the common "i hate this company". I personally find it very stress relieving, and i go back to playing the game with a smile on my face afterwards.

Lol me too. I shouted so loud today
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Just try not to tilt and if you do take a break and eat something or watch some TV or something
    Relax before fights and make sure you're confident
    Confidence helps in fights
  • age_of_andycapage_of_andycap Posts: 95

You can develop patience by using sustainable champs like Wolverine and just fighting WS in RoL to develop skills and consistency. It’s obviously not as hard as act 5, but it trains you to stay focused for a few minutes.

Also, play some music. That helps tremendously

^ In all honestly, this is very good idea... many people test out new champs (especially ones that require longer fights to be effective) with RoL fights. Goes the same with with trying to go as long as you can without dying (build your skills).
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    A good way to practice long fights is to fight rol ws and see how long you can last, maybe try to play it as if he has his s3
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Simply put your ear plugs and game on!!
  • RonaldRaygunRonaldRaygun Posts: 14

Listening to music, usually instrumentals/songs with no lyrics that will put me in the zone.

This is more of a mental thing but for me when I put pressure on myself such as setting an item/unit use limit my hands get sweaty and I mess up. If I go in with the mentality I have nothing to lose I do much better. Sometimes having units saved even if I have no intentions of using helps.

Also breathing as others have said. If I notice I’m starting to get frustrated with a node or lack of specials baited I remind myself to breathe.

Listening to music, usually instrumentals/songs with no lyrics that will put me in the zone.

This is more of a mental thing but for me when I put pressure on myself such as setting an item/unit use limit my hands get sweaty and I mess up. If I go in with the mentality I have nothing to lose I do much better. Sometimes having units saved even if I have no intentions of using helps.

Also breathing as others have said. If I notice I’m starting to get frustrated with a node or lack of specials baited I remind myself to breathe.
    Very true. I used a 10% boost today. It got my hands sweating so hard that I got clipped by a Quake. I messed up real bad and completely wasted a boost. Thanks for the advice!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Only suggestion I have is like @Lvernon15 and @Hammerbro_64 said: Take one of your 4/40's and take him to ROL. Fight Winter Soldier over and over and over again. If you haven't already, you'll probably eventually be able to beat him with just one champ. The AI is easy, this is just to help you learn how to stay calm and be patient. Learn how to not make mistakes in a long fight. That's the best I've got. Hope it helps.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Etjama said:

Only suggestion I have is like @Lvernon15 and @Hammerbro_64 said: Take one of your 4/40's and take him to ROL. Fight Winter Soldier over and over and over again. If you haven't already, you'll probably eventually be able to beat him with just one champ. The AI is easy, this is just to help you learn how to stay calm and be patient. Learn how to not make mistakes in a long fight. That's the best I've got. Hope it helps.

Here's another possibility. Take an XL champ into Variant 2 and fight the Black Bolt on the right on the first map. It is the first fight in there, and Black Bolt is not a difficult fight. But it will be a decently long slogfest, and he has his SP3 so this is a few steps up from RoL. But it might be difficult enough to be more valid practice for harder content out there, without being too difficult that you die too quickly to make the practice effective. But it should be an XL champ so you don't have to deal with glancing.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I play better with the game sound on. I turn the game music off though, find that annoying. As others say, find a comfortable seat and a cool place so you don’t sweat or freeze your butt.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Listen to music
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    When I get thru Act 5.1 and 5.2 I was just counting on 4*, some 4* max are even not usual god tier (eg Storm). For those long fights, I suggest you practice duel using 2* champ vs 6* opponent. The purpose is to train (my goal): consistency, dexterity and intercept skill.

For those tough champs with buff of node, you may check some tutorial video first too. Good luck!
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    You can try to train vs WS in ROL. Make it a rule for you to always bait SP1. And take 3* starlord into it. This means you cant get hit (lose combo or straight die)
    If you do it a few times your focus is great.

Thats basicly how I learned to do longer fights