**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, if not 1 attack was thrown, by either side, why do we lose health?

SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Loading a fight in AQ, it was stuck here for 10 mins before I quit out of the game.

When I go back into the game, I lose 1/2 my health.

Why?

Not 1 attack was done, and it isn't my fault the game stuck there for that long, so, what is the reasoning behind this? I would be OK to lose 1/2 health IF I or the AI attacked, but, nothing was done!

That penalty should ONLY happen if you are actually fighting!

Comments

• KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I’ve had this happen getting stuck on the node screen when moving to the next node.

Didn’t even get to the fight select screen.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Did you happen to do that with in an hour?

If you did they take it as you timed out(it sucks happens to from time to time)
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Piviot said:

Did you happen to do that with in an hour?

If you did they take it as you timed out(it sucks happens to from time to time)

What? After waiting 10 mins, I forced closed the game and opened it again, and went directly to the match.

There was no time out, since I wasn't able to enter the match in the first place! It was loading... nothing else.
  • Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
    Yeah! It happens with me a lot of times as well. Not just in AQ it happens in other quests too.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’ve found the game crashing on the load screen quite frequently, either just after I win a fight(before the hit/combo message), or just loading in general. And it sure as hell isn't my connection
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    I had this last month before fighting sparky miniboss (in AQ) with my hyperion... I selected hype & pressed start button but then the loading screen was frozen , after some time, i quit the game & reopened then saw that hype was at 50% health, btw I cleared sparky with those health... But that day I could not fight Thanos... :s
  • science22science22 Posts: 125
    Once when I was doing dungeons, I entered a fight, I won, and then after that I entered the fight again over and over. My teammate has already got to fight the boss and I was stuck at that fight. And then I gave up and left the fight. This is different from the thread's purpose but I find it relevant to the topic
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    I agree. There has to be a better solution. I was fighting in AW and beat the Champion and got the victory screen. But then the game just froze on the next loading screen. Went I finally got back to the AW screen, the Champion was still there with full health, as if the fight never happened, and I lost 50% health. That's a ridiculous penalty for the user when the game bugs out. And no, nothing is wrong with my internet connection, unless having full bars is a sign of poor internet.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    i agree this is bs how this works in aq. there should be a fix put in that doesnt penalize you unless the fight has started this has happened to me so many times. it wont be fixed however as the games financial aspect is benefitting from you hqving to use potions which cost money/units. this should be corrected though i agree whole heartedly
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

That always happens. Don't quit during the loading screen.

How long do you suggest to wait? 24 hours? As I said, I waited 10 full minutes, if it was going to load, it would have loaded by then.
  • Hey there -

To clarify, this is happening when you try to load into the fight after selecting the node?
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★

Hey there -

To clarify, this is happening when you try to load into the fight after selecting the node?

No man... it’s happening in every different situations and not just of what you said of an example.

It’s happening after an arena fight initiating screen, it’s happen when JOINING in AQ/AW, it happen when a fight is successful won and you proceed to continue for a next fight and many many many different situation and not just in aq.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

Hey there -

While loading, after winning a fight and then
    Loosing half your life.

I’ve even had this happen during arena. Only to have to quit out after winning a fight and when I reload and come back it tells me there was a problem and I’ve loss the fight.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    For me it happens when I push fight, and then it gets stuck on the loading screen.
    I then restart and 50% of the time it gives me the option to resume the fight and the other 50% it drops me at half health
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,425 ★★★★

i agree this is bs how this works in aq. there should be a fix put in that doesnt penalize you unless the fight has started this has happened to me so many times. it wont be fixed however as the games financial aspect is benefitting from you hqving to use potions which cost money/units. this should be corrected though i agree whole heartedly

It's done cause guys like me back in the day would force quit fights to avoid death, then restart and try again till we won, with no repercussions. They even reverted it back a year and change ago and everyone lost their minds. Just be glad they don't ban people for "faulty connectivity."

Hey there -

For me, I click the node, my champ moves to the fight screen, then I click fight, and THAT loading screen before the fight even begins, it was just stuck there with the above loading screen, and you never actually enter into the fight at all.

Then, when you force quit, and go back to the fight, you have 1/2 health left.

This isn't the first time it has done it either, happens many times a month.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    It seems to just happen anywhere in the game. Had it today in dungeons, arena and AQ. And I know it wasn’t after checking the nodes. I just went straight into the fight in AQ and it still occurred
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Hey there -

Lol, Kabam acting like they don’t know this happens.
    Or they’re acting like they’re trying to solve the problem like you’ve been asking them to. Honestly what do you want? You ask them to fix something, and then insult them for trying to fix it.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Hey there -

I've found it happening mostly after a fight, the loading screen to take me back to the map rather than into the fight. It seems like the game is struggling to complete the fight - I'm getting it between the KO and the hit/combo screen too.

As an FYI - iPhone 7, good data/wifi. I know the connection problems aren't at my end.
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Hey there -

Lol, Kabam acting like they don’t know this happens.
    Or they’re acting like they’re trying to solve the problem like you’ve been asking them to. Honestly what do you want? You ask them to fix something, and then insult them for trying to fix it.
    Are you kidding me? This is not a new problem, has been brought up a plethora of times before l in past and have done nothing. It’s self inflicted problem that was created to stop the force quit loop hole.

You must be knew here if you think that one post is Kabam acting like they are trying to do anything.
    @Markjv81 yes, but it doesn’t explain why there’s forever loading screen. It’s taunting us to force close the app and then kabam blame it on our device when it’s often at their server side that disconnected communicating to our device.
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks for the clarifications on what's going on with this, gang!

If y'all have anymore information that could help us that would be great-- this includes device information!

Edit: If you can please provide device info, that would be super helpful so we can really look into the core cause of this.

Thanks for the clarifications on what's going on with this, gang!

If y'all have anymore information that could help us that would be great-- this includes device information!

Edit: If you can please provide device info, that would be super helpful so we can really look into the core cause of this.

It has nothing to do with an device. I have an brand new iPad of the latest and I still get an forever loading screen and the server blame its on my side? No, it’s other way around. There’s no way my iPad mini 5, totally a week old, would already get a bad performance and it would cause a random forever loading screen out of nowhere?? As said! It has nothing to do with device and no, I’m not gunning at you or other kabam but just saying the fact it’s at your side.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    The device might affect the freeze/crash... maybe. But it certainly isn't relevant to the game recording a "fight" with zero attacks from either champ, zero moves recorded, and zero damage dealt by either champ as a time out. That was an intentional decision to try to keep people from force-quitting before a fight starts (maybe to see champs on hidden nodes?).
  • I use an iPhone 7 with iOS 12 and I most commonly have this problem in Alliance Quest, but I get it in War too. I will hit “Fight” in the fight screen, it will begin to load, and then it never stops loading. The only option is to restart the app, but then we suffer a huge health penalty. It’s very frustrating.