**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Class power boosts not working

JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
Honestly I don’t use these often. But thought today I’d try a tech 150% power boost on my darkhawk vs map 7 omega red. Sure enough after the first sp3 I gained zero power.

Thanks but no thanks. I’ll take another refund of these boosts ty.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s based on the damage you deal, if you’re fighting a super stacked omega with like 400k health and you do 10k you will get barely anything back
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

It’s based on the damage you deal, if you’re fighting a super stacked omega with like 400k health and you do 10k you will get barely anything back

No. And no. It says “how much damage they deal” exact words. So if you do 10k damage you should max out on the potential 150% power gain after a sp2 or sp3. I gained zero power. This boost has nothing to do with how much health the defender has...smh

The smugness in the last two sentences makes this so satisfying to read how wrong it is

Not sure who you were referring to but if it was me, I was joking. I expect nothing back in return. And would prefer they work properly more so then anything in a refund. :trollface:

Jaded said:

Lvernon15 said:

No. And no. It says “how much damage they deal” exact words. So if you do 10k damage you should max out on the potential 150% power gain after a sp2 or sp3. I gained zero power. This boost has nothing to do with how much health the defender has...smh
    It’s been established and confirmed it’s a % based boost
    Please tell me how much power a 10k will give you as opposed to a 1k hit
    Explain that thought process
    Can’t even explain what you’re trying to say. 10k vs 1k with a 150% power boost? Should give you some power kiddo. Regardless. So show proof otherwise.

That still doesn’t make sense, are you basing it on hit count? Damage dealt? What does the 150%/200% mean in your definition?

It says “damage dealt”. Leave it to rng kabam to decide on how much power we gain. But when we gain none something is wrong. I didn’t say they don’t work at all, I merely said I gained zero power from a sp3. Which with the boost shouldn’t have been the case even if it was a minor bump in power gain, it should have been noticeable.
    That’s not really an official answer to the problem. At least I don’t consider his response as such.
  • @Jaded I just used the +200% Science Power Boost in AW and I can confirm it's working just fine. The power bonus from damage dealt is relative to the health pool. So, let's say you're fighting someone with an 80k health pool and you deal 20k in damage, the power gain will be quite noticeable considering 20k is 1/4 (25%) of the total health (actual example I just experienced BTW using 5* R5 CAIW vs 6* R1 Bishop).

Dealing 25% damage gained me nearly 1.5 bars of power with a 200% Boost. So if you popped a S3 that deals 10-20k damage vs a champ with 400k health, that's between 2.5-5% damage dealt. Using a 150% Boost, the power gain will be relatively nothing in such a case. I've also utilized these boosts in RoL for testing purposes. When you deal less than 5% HP from your S2 or S3, the power gain is next to nothing.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Lvernon15 said:

Those boosts have always been related to the percent of damage inflicted on the opponent. It says "damage they deal" and it is...the damage dealt to the opponent as a percent of their total health.

If it's not based on a percentage at what point do you get what percent of power back? Does 10K give you 1 bar of power or does 30K give you 1 bar of power? Why are you arbitrarily saying that 10k should max out the 150% power gain? It doesn't say that anywhere and there's no reason to think that.

As others above have stated, they are currently working as intended. I just used a cosmic boost last AW and it worked exactly as it should have.