**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Don't trade in Quest crystals!

2»

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I do that think you quite understand the concept of gambling
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

I could have sworn the message they sent out said 'comparable' value.
    Either way..

Questing crystals can give you:
    T1 ISO = 75 | Gold Value = 36 x 100 = 7500 ISO worth 3600 Gold
    T2 ISO = 125 | Gold Value = 61 x 100 = 12, 500 ISO worth 6100 Gold
    T3 ISO = 525 | Gold Value = 259 x 100 = 52, 500 ISO worth 25, 900 Gold
    Small Energy Refill = 5 Energy x 100 = 500 Energy worth 2500 Gold and can't be bought with Units.

The trade-in gets you:
    T5 ISO = 3000 | Gold Value 1484 x 2 = 6k ISO worth 2986 Gold.
    T5 ISO = 3000 | Gold Value 1484 x 5 = 15, 000 ISO worth 7420 Gold.
    T5 ISO = 3000 | Gold Value 1484 x 15 = 45, 000 ISO worth 22, 260 Gold.
    10x Energy Refills = 700 Energy (if level 60) worth 3000 Gold and would cost 300 units to buy.

That's not counting the units.

Regular questing Crystal lists top prize as 10 units. So IF you got all that in all 100 crystals (which isn't likely) you would net 1k units. Is it likely 100 regular quest crystals might net you more than 500 Units? Which is the smallest amount in the trade-in. Perhaps. Odds are you'd get 500 units give or take out of 100 crystals more than you would out of the single, but the 1k isn't something you'd likely get from opening 100 regular. Not saying it's likely from the trade-in, but looking at the above, if you get ANYTHING aside from the bare minimum prize from the trade-in, you're getting more than the regular crystal is worth.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★

flygamer said:

That is my issue, 20-50% less, to me, is not comparable.

Even if they told us those crystals had 100× the value of 100 mission crystals in their announcement message weeks ago, they still would have told us exactly what's inside them when those crystals came out.

They could have told you there's a brand new sports car inside, and you still would have been in the wrong for ignoring the only actual valuable non marketing information they gave us lol.

How is this even a thread?
    If they said I would get (would not could) 100x and I only get 75x, it would be a problem for me. If they said I could get 100x, but there is a chance for less or nothing, then I have no reason to complain. That is not how it was presented. Again, "comparable" and "equal value" does not mean "less" in my book. Yes I know it seems silly to complain about lowly quest crystals, and yes I am tired.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    So you thought that every possible outcome of these crystals would be better than if you opened them individually?
    Speeds80 said:

So you thought that every possible outcome of these crystals would be better than if you opened them individually?

No just COMPARABLE or EQUAL as stated.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    flygamer said:

flygamer said:

Even if they told us those crystals had 100× the value of 100 mission crystals in their announcement message weeks ago, they still would have told us exactly what's inside them when those crystals came out.

They could have told you there's a brand new sports car inside, and you still would have been in the wrong for ignoring the only actual valuable non marketing information they gave us lol.

If they said I would get (would not could) 100x and I only get 75x, it would be a problem for me. If they said I could get 100x, but there is a chance for less or nothing, then I have no reason to complain. That is not how it was presented. Again, "comparable" and "equal value" does not mean "less" in my book. Yes I know it seems silly to complain about lowly quest crystals, and yes I am tired.
    You're complaining about Kabam not giving a mathematics game theory class every time they mention a random reward. If there's a crystal that contains 1000 gold, and another crystal that contains a 50% chance for 1500 gold and a 50% chance for 500 gold, that crystal has the same value. That's what value means in this context. If someone pulls 500 and complains that their crystal didn't have the same value because it is obviously less than the guaranteed 1000 gold that just means they don't understand what value means when it comes to random rewards. But if we have to explain what randomness is, how statistics works, and what the definition of "value" is for situations with stochastic reward tables we'd have to attach textbooks to every crystal.
    DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

flygamer said:

You're complaining about Kabam not giving a mathematics game theory class every time they mention a random reward. If there's a crystal that contains 1000 gold, and another crystal that contains a 50% chance for 1500 gold and a 50% chance for 500 gold, that crystal has the same value. That's what value means in this context. If someone pulls 500 and complains that their crystal didn't have the same value because it is obviously less than the guaranteed 1000 gold that just means they don't understand what value means when it comes to random rewards. But if we have to explain what randomness is, how statistics works, and what the definition of "value" is for situations with stochastic reward tables we'd have to attach textbooks to every crystal.
    I understand what randomness and value in context means. You are missunderstanding me and contradict your own argument. If I pull 500 in a GUARANTEED 1000 as you state, I would have every right to complain. That has nothing to do with value or randomness. I get it was never a guaranteed crystal value to begin with, but it was stated to be EQUAL or COMPARABLE.
    flygamer said:

DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

flygamer said:

I understand what randomness and value in context means. You are missunderstanding me and contradict your own argument. If I pull 500 in a GUARANTEED 1000 as you state, I would have every right to complain. That has nothing to do with value or randomness. I get it was never a guaranteed crystal value to begin with, but it was stated to be EQUAL or COMPARABLE.
    I'm skeptical you understand the situation, because you say "as you state" then say something I didn't say at all.
    edited August 2019
    DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

flygamer said:

I'm skeptical you understand the situation, because you say "as you state" then say something I didn't say at all.
    ? "If someone pulls 500 and complains that their crystal didn't have the same value because it is obviously less than the guaranteed 1000 gold"
    Those are your exact words to the example you gave. I did paraphrase and emphesis, but the meaning was the same.
  • StabbinbuttsStabbinbutts Posts: 39
    Someone in my alliance opened 1 and got 1000 units he hit jackpot it's all a gamble.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    I’ll take it. They were insignificant anyway. Now I don’t have to put in the work to open 1400 crystals. You guys will complain about everything. I actually came here to see the complaints about it. I wasn’t let down.

“I traded my 1,000 quest crystals for 10, and didn’t get my five small energy refills and 50 units! What a joke!”

😆
    edited August 2019

I’ll take it. They were insignificant anyway. Now I don’t have to put in the work to open 1400 crystals. You guys will complain about everything. I actually came here to see the complaints about it. I wasn’t let down.

“I traded my 1,000 quest crystals for 10, and didn’t get my five small energy refills and 50 units! What a joke!”

😆

100%

As I said above, I traded in for about 20 because these crystals are a novelty - why not gamble and see what I get? I was never opening those Quest crystals anyway and it's not like I won't build up to another 2k before I know it. Not going to complain about free rewards, especially when I was never really doing anything other than hoarding the crystals anyway.

Don't want to trade them in, don't do it - but don't complain about/to Kabam when something like this is exactly what so many of us have been asking for for so long (well... this and upgrading the rewards in general) and you don't like the odds.
    flygamer said:

DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

flygamer said:

? "If someone pulls 500 and complains that their crystal didn't have the same value because it is obviously less than the guaranteed 1000 gold"
    Those are your exact words to the example you gave. I did paraphrase and emphesis, but the meaning was the same.
    You said: "If I pull 500 in a GUARANTEED 1000 as you state, I would have every right to complain." In that situation, you would have every right to complain because you got less than what you were supposed to get. But that's not what I said. What I said, in context, was:
    If there's a crystal that contains 1000 gold, and another crystal that contains a 50% chance for 1500 gold and a 50% chance for 500 gold, that crystal has the same value. That's what value means in this context. If someone pulls 500 and complains that their crystal didn't have the same value because it is obviously less than the guaranteed 1000 gold that just means they don't understand what value means when it comes to random rewards.
    The obvious meaning was that if someone pulls 500 gold from a crystal with a 50/50 chance for 500 or 1500 then complains their crystal didn't have the same value, they are comparing the result of a random pull with the initial value of the crystal. If you keep claiming you understand what the value of a random reward is, and yet keep persisting in confusing this situation for a completely different one, I'm afraid you're going to have to find someone who shares this weird world view to discuss the situation with.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    I opened 20 Crystal and got iso and 20 energy refill so to be not bad trade but each to their own happiness
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Rewards from quest crystals are horrible. The fact that you might get 1k units is reason enough to get this crystal. Even if you get screwed, which you probably will, you aren't screwed badly lol.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

You cropped out the word "can", if it was a guarantee of equal value it would have said something like "will".

A PHC "can" give you a 4* champ.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Solswerd said:

Snizzbar said:

You cropped out the word "can", if it was a guarantee of equal value it would have said something like "will".

Shhh I don't think anyone else noticed 😉
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Solswerd said:

Snizzbar said:

Shhh I don't think anyone else noticed 😉
    LOL....sorry I am tired and apparently half-reading subsequent posts.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,138 ★★★★

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

flygamer said:

Like... That's the point and it was pretty clear from them literally explaining what those crystals can drop in their in game message.

"Buyers beware - this product is exactly as advertised!"

It's meant to be somewhat of a trash compactor with the chance for big amounts of iso/units on the upper end and us not having to open 100 crystals for silly small bits of iso on the lower end.

Ahhh ok, so to you a 20-50% loss from norm is one of those "working as intended" moments.
    Those crystals were never advertised as and therefore quite obviously never supposed to be nessecarily better than just opening 100 mission crystals
    They also weren't advertised as having worse rewards either
    And that's solely the in game message announcing those crystals weeks ago lol.

We just got a message when they arrived telling us exactly what's inside. What is wrong with you people lol?
    I would think this is pretty clear - it says 'equal value' after all...
    context matters, it says CAN award an equal value of HIGHER LEVEL rewards.