**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are getting bad champions a setback for you

Comments

• RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Yes
    Had someone quit game in old alliance after pulled 6* hulkbuster
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    No
    Because you used "set back," I went with No.

Is it extremely dejecting to pull an X Force DP from the 6* crystal. Absolutely. I know. And a bad crystal run makes me not want to play as much some times (though then I get over it eventually).

But my roster is good enough that I can usually clear the content I need to. When it comes to Act 6 content, which I've only done 6.1, you could consider it a setback because of the 4* ban and needing specific champs to make it through. But I'm lucky enough to have some champs that could help clear the majority of content.
  • M0RN1NGST4RM0RN1NGST4R Posts: 14
    Denzel116 said:

And when this happens...this 6 star Hulkbuster and 6 star Cyclops will be my top champs. (.....redact that from the record)

1 down one to go lol
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Not anymore
    It’s definitely deflating AND a setback at first. However, once you have an established roster, it’s just deflating. 😂

One of the silver linings is that having a roster of poor quality champs (my first year and a half) probably made me a better skilled player overall since I couldn’t rely on a Corvus to just mow down the competition. By the time I had some good champions, I had all the resources I needed to take one to Rank 5. My first Rank 5 was Aegon and he was also a great champion to aid my skill set as he taught me how to hold a combo. I actually remember thinking that holding a 100 hit combo was out of my skill range. Now, I can regularly end fights without a single hit on Cavalier difficulty content.

So, in sum, pulling bad champs will never stop stinging. However, you can still progress with lesser champs (my first real questing roster for Act 5 was Mephisto, Wasp, Angela (5 stars at Rank 3) and assorted 4 stars. Good luck!
  • Mtl55Mtl55 Posts: 63
    Denzel116 said:

Some smart person said something one time about “comparison is the thief of joy.”

I used to watch ALL the Crystal openings from my fav youtubers...then I’d find myself mad as hell when I would pull trash champs. Like legit TRASH. LIKE..6 Star Hulkbuster.

But eventually I just stopped watching. I still look at gameplay videos when I finally get a decent champ, but I don’t even bother to watch and hope these new elite champs will pop up for me. Because....6 Star Hulkbuster.

Clearly that one stung the most. I’ve duped 5 star groot. I’ve seen agent venom enough in crystals to become agent venom myself. But that Hulkbuster hurt my soul.

So I just figured ignorance is bliss, and no expectations, no disappointments. I don’t worry or wish for a Namor or 5 star ghost. I just pop the crystals and keep chugging on. Every now and again I’ll get somebody cool, and I just lock in on them.

Sometimes it’ll feel like a ****-streak. So much you just cringe at the thought of opening your next batch of shards. Luckily meme champs are getting “balanced....” one day.

And when this happens...this 6 star Hulkbuster and 6 star Cyclops will be my top champs. (.....redact that from the record)

Ditto same here when i watch on yt awesome gameplay from amzing champs and then i look at mine that only 5star i have duped from crystal till date are mordo and juggernaut then i really used to think when can i play like that but not anymore nothing hurts now.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes
    It really depends on what you consider 'bad'.
  • InfiniteAbe17InfiniteAbe17 Posts: 165
    Yes
    I'm on 6.1 and haven't started yet, i could get through most of the fights till crossbones then i'm stuck till i get a good counter which i don't have yet so if i have a bad crystal opening that delay's my progression for longer.
  • D_OmaD_Oma Posts: 43
    Yes
    Tried to type out why it is a setback. Looked at the many iterations and I decided to go with a simple phrase..."I'm fking pissed"
  • JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★
    Yes
    I had two good friends in my last alliance and we were all within 20k pi of each other last July when we started opening five stars. They got good champs from their early 5s crystals. I got horrible champs from my first 5. I duped my 5s taskmaster on my 5th 5s crystal. My alliance was taking pics of it because it was such horrible luck (and I had just duped my 4s taskmaster on the crystal I had just opened).

Because their champs were better they could take on content I couldn’t. Especially in the monthly they were able to bear certain bosses that I couldn’t even with awesome 4s play. They could also get cav way earlier than me because you can’t use 4s champs in chapter 6 at all.

Meanwhile, while they are doing cav and 100% of the event quests, 65% of my first 20 5s champs ended up being skill champs. Some were decent like stealth spidey and ronin.

But because so many of my 5s champs were skill, I didn’t have enough skill t4cc to rank them up. So even once I had good champs, they were rank 2 for a long time. I seriously had max t4cc of every class and only had 1-2 skill t4cc.

I almost quit. They ended up getting 150-200k pi beyond me because I either had nothing worth ranking up or couldn’t rank up the good champs I had because they were skill.

I finally pushed through and unlocked some great champs but for about 6 months I was frustrated beyond belief and only logged in for aq.

So yeah, rng makes a HUGE impact on what you can and cannot do in this game.
  • fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    Yes
    Since there's a HUGE difference between the best champions and the rest of them, yes. I don't have any 6* actually useful for questing (and just throw them away on war deffense) and I have a lot 5* champs that I do need for some specific content (Nick Fury, Human Torch, Archangel, Quake, BWCV, CMM...).
    If the bottom champs at least covered some of the ridiculous specific nodes combination of endgame content, way less people would complain about bad pulls. But that's the forum paradox: Any champ is useful, but at the same time, the nodes that only a couple of god tier champs cover are not too restrictive. That's made no sense at all, but it's what I feel from reading general opinions here.
  • Not anymore
    I have had such an insane shift in luck it's almost impossible. I went from pulling karnak, Thor Jane foster (twice), mordo (twice), Netflix DD (twice) to pulling aegon twice as five stars. Then I had horrible luck for about a year and I could not progress at all. I pulled no robots for the longest time. My first six stars were Winter Soldier Miles Morales Iron fist Punisher 2099 (pre-buff) and sabretooth who I have as a rank 4 5* already. Then, in the last six months I have pulled the following 5*s: Gwenpool, Red Guardian, Killmonger, Heimdall, domino, hyperion, cap iw, imiw, Cap marvel movie, Guilly 2099, Spider-Ham, Tigra, Symbiote Supreme, Spider-Gwen, Sunspot, Sasquatch, and Stark-Enhanced Spider-Man. I also pulled six star Luke Cage, and Omega Red, not to mention the fact that Punisher 2099 is actually useful now especially since he has reciprocal synergies with guillotine 2099. My luck took its sweet goddamn time since I have played since 2016 and got cavalier this year, but I would say the wait is worth it. Everyone's luck turns around eventually and even though it can be a tough pill to swallow, sometimes worse luck encourages more creativity and makes you learn champs you would have otherwise ignored. I used a 4* IMIW for a very long time and I appreciate him in a way few others do. I also made poor choices early on with masteries (those cores are too expensive!) so I had to learn to master dexterity and parry. There are very few specials I cannot dex consistently now and parry is a second nature. Not to mention, I mastered the champs I had and I have developed a much higher skill level than I otherwise would have. To summarize, waiting is important and it will get better. Spending money is not always the answer. There are benefits from taking your time and working with what you're given.
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Yes

Yes its terrible to put in a ton of work to get trash

Man people be sleeping on champs like HB and say they are trash .........i feel pity
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Man people be sleeping on champs like HB and say they are trash .........i feel pity
    It's because this thread was created over a year ago.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    No

because he was trash when they made this thread
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Yes
    @Demonzfyre @SpideyFunko damn my bad ...i didnt see the date ......why tf is this thread not dead yet
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    No

@Demonzfyre @SpideyFunko damn my bad ...i didnt see the date ......why tf is this thread not dead yet

it was necroed from the grave
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    No
    WOOPS, old post.
  • MahMan999MahMan999 Posts: 18
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    yes because I can't go cavs with my duped iron fist duped mordo green goblin drax vulture massacre hulk buster Mr sinister and sue storm

I'm 2 out of freaking 14 out of these 5* crystals

I finished act 5 with a 4* corvus warlock and aa

My only 2 decent 5* are human torch and sorc supreme which I cant even use to go cavs

I've finished act 5 months ago and I can't effing pull for the life of me a goddamn decent 5* to go CAVSSSS

If this game couldn't give me a decent 5* it would be good if they'd actually allow people to bring 4* into act 6!!!!!!!!!!!! my 4* would probably **** on that act I don't give a goddamn if each match takes 5 minutes!

jesus just 1 decent hero kascam!!!!
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Kinda in between
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Not anymore
    I don’t remember what I originally voted....but not anymore. I’ve had filthy luck and I’ve someone saw my roster they’d throat punch me for complaining about champ pulls.

It really does all balance out. Especially as the game evolves. A lot of my luck turned around more so with champ buffs. Magneto and hulk buster are constantly clearing cavalier difficulty for me.
  • crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    Yes
    Denzel116 said:

Some smart person said something one time about “comparison is the thief of joy.”

I used to watch ALL the Crystal openings from my fav youtubers...then I’d find myself mad as hell when I would pull trash champs. Like legit TRASH. LIKE..6 Star Hulkbuster.

But eventually I just stopped watching. I still look at gameplay videos when I finally get a decent champ, but I don’t even bother to watch and hope these new elite champs will pop up for me. Because....6 Star Hulkbuster.

Clearly that one stung the most. I’ve duped 5 star groot. I’ve seen agent venom enough in crystals to become agent venom myself. But that Hulkbuster hurt my soul.

So I just figured ignorance is bliss, and no expectations, no disappointments. I don’t worry or wish for a Namor or 5 star ghost. I just pop the crystals and keep chugging on. Every now and again I’ll get somebody cool, and I just lock in on them.

Sometimes it’ll feel like a ****-streak. So much you just cringe at the thought of opening your next batch of shards. Luckily meme champs are getting “balanced....” one day.

Your time has come
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Yes
    Ancient thread
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Yeah
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Yes
    Setting me back from abyss exploration