**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant is close to making me quit

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Sentinel would be best. Ultron might help you.

What are you referring to. His variant difficulty? If so what variant? His act 5 difficulty? If so how would you recommend he uses them? A little more information would probably help the op
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Bahamut said:

Bro you shouldn’t even be considering Variant until you’ve completed Act 5.

Bro, can you explain that to me? I’ve seen people clear various variant quests with 4*’s so if they can do that with 4*’s does story progression really matter? It really is a roster thing right?
    If your struggling with act 5 with 4* you won’t do variant with 4*
    If I were you I’d focus on act 5 100%
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

What are you referring to. His variant difficulty? If so what variant? His act 5 difficulty? If so how would you recommend he uses them? A little more information would probably help the op
    well the title clearly states Variant, and variant 3 was justr released.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Just my journey to the mean old Hype boss

https://youtu.be/l6Tfwn5F9qg

And thanks to everyone here for their tips as this was the result of the boss fight.

https://youtu.be/5xj7ABMrypA

Yeah I know I messed up my not watching my power and probably could have 1 shot him if I had hit the L2 but instead the L3. But with the tip of “4hit then bait” it helped me get those specials out till I was able to lock him down.

Again thanks everyone for the assist.

Congratulations! Knew you had it in you!
    Lormif said:

Dshu said:

And people are offering advice in other areas the op is stuck in saying use 2 champs with no other advice isn't really helpful.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

ESF said:

zuffy said:

Forget the KM/WS team. Trust me, bring your domino with rulk and masacre. Then fill in the 2 remaining slot as needed for the lane. That synergy will allow domino to clear any path that is not stun immune. All you need is parry skill and some patience. Let them dash at you and parry. You will have a full second to react after the parry. Domino will easily get 5-9k for heavy and incinerate in 1-3k range.

There are two reasons I disagree with this:

1. That doesn't teach the OP how to actually fight. This isn't a roster problem, or a lane clearance problem. Domino facerolling the lane with Parry/Heavy ain't gonna help when Hyperion ain't getting stunned.

2. The OP has to learn how to a) intercept an 80K boss, and b) learn how to best fight Hyperion, which means knowing that you gotta nullify and control that power gain. The OP has to learn how to intercept at will with Scarlet Witch, especially against a Hyperion that's trying to be a bully. Her nullify on crits is an imperative skill to master.

It helps against Venoms and Venompools and Carnages and Doctor Stranges and Doctor Voodoos, etc. who are trying to run wild. SWitch is the answer to a lot of buff-oriented questions that are out of control in this game
    Thank you ESF. I’m content with facerolling master and heroic with that team as those are substantially easier than the content I am struggling with. And as you said facetolling will just hinder me when I come up against fights that take that out of the equation.
    That's one of the worst things about this game: OP characters that hinder skill development. Nobody likes to lose characters or get killed, so we default to facerolling -- and trust me, I did/do it too.

But trust me on this: Getting to be even average at Intercepting is imperative in this game. Take underpowered characters into Daily Quests, clear the hard lane with the bosses who are Unblockable.

Do it with four-stars. Then with three-stars.

Once you can do that consistently, you will be able to intercept enough to bully your way through the rest of Act 5
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    U have domino easily take rulk n massacre with her n destroy act 5 n 100 it
    Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

And people are offering advice in other areas the op is stuck in saying use 2 champs with no other advice isn't really helpful.
    context matters, GWs post was before all the help, immediately after discussion the roster.
    edited August 2019
    Even the roster discussion was talking about multiple roadblocks but hey feel free to be a troll. Scroll up and you will see advice offered on act 5 before his post as well. Yes context matters
    Just pointing out that if you are going offer advice it helps if you do more than just name champs
    Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

context matters, GWs post was before all the help, immediately after discussion the roster.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

I wouldn't say that necessarily. I'm on 5.3 and I took down Shulk failry easy testing my R4 Sentinel out.

You haven’t cleared Act 5 yet? I’ve seen you on these forums forever. Maybe more playing and less typing...and I mean that in the nicest way possible.
    Yeah I'm notorious for taking my time with it. I spend most of my time Grinding. Lol.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. I'm on 5.3 and I took down Shulk failry easy testing my R4 Sentinel out.

You haven’t cleared Act 5 yet? I’ve seen you on these forums forever. Maybe more playing and less typing...and I mean that in the nicest way possible.
    Yeah I'm notorious for taking my time with it. I spend most of my time Grinding. Lol.
    Why rush it. If you enjoy other parts of the game more leave it be. There is nothing forcing people to push through content and if it forces you to spend to do it it kills the enjoyment of the game
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    I think the newest variant has been the easiest so far (maybe because I’m tech heavy)
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Toj37 said:

You said you are stuck at 5.2.4 right? So you are not uncollected yet? Not trying to clown. Just want clarification

My bad 5.3.4

Finish off act 5 and get uncollected 100%. Once you hit 100% on uncollected a few times then start on variant. You lack the materials to do it.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    people are always trying to rush content they are not ready for, then threatened to quit. I've known a few,. some have a year playing and are mad they can't 100% act 5 , others have been playing for 3 years but only 3 hours a week and still level 50. All of it takes time and with all the new changes it's easier and faster than ever to grow your account, but it takes time. Time learn and time to rank up and get better champs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Congrats @Liss_Bliss_ !

Dr. Zola
  • You got Rank 4 Ultron Carnage and Killmonger, when I did it it was with Rank3 or 4 stars only. What are you selling here mate? Also you got mephisto from 6star which is star. You got the roster, the only thing you are lacking here is patience and practise.
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 62
    Variant is meant to be played with a 5* r5 roster.

I've been running it without issue with rank 5 4*s. There is nothing that requires rank 5 5*s to kill in variant
    It may be easier with R5s, but not impossible with R4s. I wouldn't necessarily say people without R5s shouldn't do it.
    Dshu said:

I've been running it without issue with rank 5 4*s. There is nothing that requires rank 5 5*s to kill in variant
    There is a difference between what is meant to be done and what is possible. It is meant to be played by people who have completed act 5, it is labeled as end game content. That being said your skill level may allow you to beat it with lower level champs.
    I don't necessarily agree that it's meant to be done after Act 5. It's meant to be done whenever you're ready. If that was the case, it wouldn't be accessible until you finish Act 5.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Chances are if you haven’t complete act 5, you’re very likely don’t have the roster for Variant.
    zuffy said:

Chances are if you haven’t complete act 5, you’re very likely don’t have the roster for Variant.

Not necessarily. They have made rankup materials much easier to obtain and there are other ways to get champs outside of completing act story content. Just getting uncollected gives you access to the uncollected eq every month and arena provides plenty of opportunities to get new champs or shards. You also have the spending option for roster development. While those who have completed act 5 100% do get a boost in rankup resources from the completion rewards it's a small amount compared with what is and has been in the game. Rng also has a lot of play on roster development. Saying its end game content just means it's some of the most challenging released to date. Nothing about end game content should say you have to have x champ at this level. A player like @GroundedWisdom for example who lives in the arena can have just as developed roster as someone who has completed act 5 depending on aq maps run for rankup resources or aw rank rewards. There are also player who have purchased big accounts who will be unable to complete variant with rank 5 5*s
    Dshu said:

zuffy said:

Not necessarily. They have made rankup materials much easier to obtain and there are other ways to get champs outside of completing act story content. Just getting uncollected gives you access to the uncollected eq every month and arena provides plenty of opportunities to get new champs or shards. You also have the spending option for roster development. While those who have completed act 5 100% do get a boost in rankup resources from the completion rewards it's a small amount compared with what is and has been in the game. Rng also has a lot of play on roster development. Saying its end game content just means it's some of the most challenging released to date. Nothing about end game content should say you have to have x champ at this level. A player like @GroundedWisdom for example who lives in the arena can have just as developed roster as someone who has completed act 5 depending on aq maps run for rankup resources or aw rank rewards. There are also player who have purchased big accounts who will be unable to complete variant with rank 5 5*s
    "chances are"

Uncollected does not get you access to much t2a let alone t5b. it would take you 16 months of just doing the UC monthly to get a r4 5*, another 24 months to get it to r5.

They didnt limit it so that people with the skill but not the resources can complete it, but that does not change that it was the level they were going for.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Toj37 said:

You said you are stuck at 5.2.4 right? So you are not uncollected yet? Not trying to clown. Just want clarification

i think he meant 5.3.4 cause Hype is the boss

Edit: i see he posted that
    Lormif said:

Dshu said:

zuffy said:

"chances are"

Uncollected does not get you access to much t2a let alone t5b. it would take you 16 months of just doing the UC monthly to get a r4 5*, another 24 months to get it to r5.

They didnt limit it so that people with the skill but not the resources can complete it, but that does not change that it was the level they were going for.
    Which is why I also said aq map run and aw tier rewards received. Its possible to do it without having an end game account has many with alt accounts are already proving. It all come down to the skill level you are at
    just practice i know its dumb but i completed Act 5 and its not that bad variant is horrible and i have only completed the first chapter of v3. Look if you want to quit go ahead but the community is here to help so don't complain u can't get past something that is meant for some and not everyone
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    G0311 said:

people are always trying to rush content they are not ready for, then threatened to quit. I've known a few,. some have a year playing and are mad they can't 100% act 5 , others have been playing for 3 years but only 3 hours a week and still level 50. All of it takes time and with all the new changes it's easier and faster than ever to grow your account, but it takes time. Time learn and time to rank up and get better champs.

Again, I never threatened to quit just said frustrations were getting me close to quitting. Joe if I said I’d quit if I didn’t 100% act 5 and all variants by the end of the month I would quit your statement would stand.

There is a difference between being frustrated and thinking about it, and having a discussion on the topic(s) and demanding I miraculously complete it “or else”

Toj37 said:

She, but you wouldn’t know that lol. I think “he” is default referring to a person lol

G0311 said:

Again, I never threatened to quit just said frustrations were getting me close to quitting. Joe if I said I’d quit if I didn’t 100% act 5 and all variants by the end of the month I would quit your statement would stand.

There is a difference between being frustrated and thinking about it, and having a discussion on the topic(s) and demanding I miraculously complete it “or else”

Toj37 said:

She, but you wouldn’t know that lol. I think “he” is default referring to a person lol
    lol my second account is on that quest thats how i know