**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Overhyped/Overrated??

Good evening, I’ve had this discussion with quite a few friends and I’m curious if any of you find certain champions to be overhyped or overrated. Here’s how it will go... just list a champion you believe to receive too much praise or where your alliance buddy’s are down your throat in saying who you should spend your AG on but you don’t believe it to be worthy. And again, remember this is mostly a matter of opinion. So don’t bash anyone because they believe your favorite champion doesn’t deserve the praise they constantly get.

Tech: StarLord
Cosmic: Medusa

Comments

• Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    SuperGood said:

I hate how everyone just loves cyclops and thinks he is an amazing champion! I just don’t see it! But some people on the forums are all for him...

Always thought people were trolling when praising him
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215

-Blade
    -Corvus
    -Iceman
    -Ghost Rider

Not a popular opinion at all. Cue the disagrees

I did state it was a matter of opinion and although I agree with most of your choices I must say Corvus is the only one I disagree with with. I feel Blade is beginning to lose more and more of his leverage, never thought much of Ghost Rider but Iceman is an interesting case. Just low on the damage out put but his coldsnap and frostbites are beastly
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★

Agent_T said:

SuperGood said:

I hate how everyone just loves cyclops and thinks he is an amazing champion! I just don’t see it! But some people on the forums are all for him...

They are. It dates back to a certain someone saying he was very effective in AQ
    Turns out cyclops isn't even his favorite champ smh

• VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    Agent_T said:

SuperGood said:

they were
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Iceman
    Medusa is pretty overhyped and basically every new champ that cones out
    JohnHS said:

Blade (Regen is amazing, but why does he dominate War?)
    Starky (useful, great damage, but no sustainability or immunities)
    Quake (no immunities, too many evade counters)
    Magik (power control and that's about it. Good, but nowhere near Sym Supreme, Omega, Corvus, Ghost, etc.)

To those complaining about Corvus, you've got to strategize. He's a ramp-up champ. You've got to know how to strategize. He's not for long fights either.

There really aren't that many evade counters tbh and most DOT effects require you to touch the opponent which you don't have to do with quake but that's just my opinion don't need to listen to it
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    JohnHS said:

Magik (power control and that's about it. Good, but nowhere near Sym Supreme, Omega, Corvus, Ghost, etc.)

To those complaining about Corvus, you've got to strategize. He's a ramp-up champ. You've got to know how to strategize. He's not for long fights either.

Blade isn’t too bad once you’re properly committed, and GR and Starky are pretty good too
    I always saw Starky as more of a boss killer than a sustainable questing champ, but he does go down a bit too easily
    Quake... can’t say much for evade counters, but I never liked her because kills took too long and she felt too passive for me to enjoy her
    Magik... well she’s reliable I suppose. Personally I prefer Voodoo, but there are times when Magik shines

Anyways, I never liked Aegon. I took my 4* to r3, but I never saw much use for him besides his damage, which I already have Starky for. Even at a 200+ combo in RoL, I couldn’t see much utility that justified bringing him into anything other than RoL and LoL. Also never saw the “godly” damage of OR and I just bring him for Electro or Korg counters occasionally. Maybe it’s because I don’t run suicides. Finally, there’s Shulk. I can’t deny that she’s good, but it’s a bit difficult keeping furies up against Medium or Small opponents, so I just don’t see her as valuable as people think except in a few niche counters.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

There really aren't that many evade counters tbh and most DOT effects require you to touch the opponent which you don't have to do with quake but that's just my opinion don't need to listen to it
    NODES. Bleed, poison,etc. Some champs deal damage passively, like Void. War bosses have true strike. Infinity Man, Night Thrasher, Iceman at start of fight, Domino, awakened Black Widow ... shall I go on?
    I'm not saying she's weak, but she doesn't compare to, say, Ghost. Doesn't belong in the #1 champ discussion
  • WakalaWakala Posts: 46
    Just over talked, play and enjoy the game, every day after work I like to have some personal time and put all my problems aside and just enjoy the game