**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When exactly in September is the next free AQ Map week scheduled?

synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Kabam please advise. Alliances would appreciate some advance notice this time for planning purposes in case of wanting to try out a new Map and sorting out paths and doing our homework on nodes. Not to mention getting resources ready.

Last time we were only told just before AQ started so a repeat would not go down well with the community. Thanks

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Kabam please advise. Alliances would appreciate some advance notice this time for planning purposes in case of wanting to try out a new Map and sorting out paths and doing our homework on nodes. Not to mention getting resources ready.

Last time we were only told just before AQ started so a repeat would not go down well with the community. Thanks

Why can you not do all that in advance without the knowledge?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Also how would a free aq week not go down well in the community
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Lvernon15 said:

Lol bro I’m saying lack of advance notice wouldn’t go down well. We like to know ahead of time so we can make sure guys are available for it

Lvernon15 said:

Lol bro I’m saying lack of advance notice wouldn’t go down well. We like to know ahead of time so we can make sure guys are available for it
    It will go down fine, there is no need for advance notice for something like this. You can make sure your guys are available now.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

It will go down fine, there is no need for advance notice for something like this. You can make sure your guys are available now.
    How do you tell them to be available if they don’t know when to be available? Other than just knowing they need to be available...

I wasn’t aware of the free map. If we can get a set time for when this is happening that would be great. My alliance would be able to work around such a thing as well.
    Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

How do you tell them to be available if they don’t know when to be available? Other than just knowing they need to be available...

I wasn’t aware of the free map. If we can get a set time for when this is happening that would be great. My alliance would be able to work around such a thing as well.
    Do you not do AQ now? the cycle is set, 5 on 2 off, 5 on, 2 off. AQ also only takes a few minutes of the day to run.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

Do you not do AQ now? the cycle is set, 5 on 2 off, 5 on, 2 off. AQ also only takes a few minutes of the day to run.
    They are asking for a date because it’s useful to them. Maybe it’s not for you, but that’s irrelevant because it’s his recommendation.
    CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

They are asking for a date because it’s useful to them. Maybe it’s not for you, but that’s irrelevant because it’s his recommendation.
    And I am unable to question why on a discussion form in a situation where he claimed I would somehow be upset?
    Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

And I am unable to question why on a discussion form in a situation where he claimed I would somehow be upset?
    So if he said it wouldn’t go down well with him instead of him saying “the community” would you stop responding since it won’t implicate you?
    CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

So if he said it wouldn’t go down well with him instead of him saying “the community” would you stop responding since it won’t implicate you?
    pretty much. do not speak for the community at large, espcially for something the vast majority of players just look at as a boon, not an insult.
    CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

pretty much. do not speak for the community at large, espcially for something the vast majority of players just look at as a boon, not an insult.
    Okay, although you just presumed to speak for “the vast majority of players,” but we’ll let that one slide.
    Vast majority of players is not all the players, that leaves room for dissenting opinions. Do not overgeneralize, especially when trying to get people to do things.
    Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

Okay, although you just presumed to speak for “the vast majority of players,” but we’ll let that one slide.
    Vast majority of players is not all the players, that leaves room for dissenting opinions. Do not overgeneralize, especially when trying to get people to do things.
    “Vast majority” is not all but still is a generalization.
    CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

You can generalize, but you cannot OVER generalize.... Claiming the entire community would be upset is OVER generalizing.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Lmao AQ is probably one of my least favourite parts of the game
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

You can generalize, but you cannot OVER generalize.... Claiming the entire community would be upset is OVER generalizing.
    Dang this is the best comment I've seen all day. This is so grounded in its infinite wisdom :D .
    Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

CFree said:

Lormif said:

Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

“You say some stupid ****” is a generalization and is okay, but “you always say stupid ****” is an over generalization.
    Lol well I feel like a meme is needed here...

But seriously I am simply stating that Kabam has recently said they wanted to be more transparent with the community and with more communication. Instances such as upcoming buffs for champs like Colossus and OML are cases where they’ve done this but they dropped the ball last time on the free AQ Map week in July for summoner appreciation cycle so I’d be keen for not another repeat.

Alliances might need to reorganise also if there are some who don’t want to do Map 6 or 7 if currently doing Map 5 and also making sure the champs needed for AQ aren’t tied up elsewhere say in AWD or attack so hence my issue.
    Agent_T said:

Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

Yeah man there were two rounds of free AQ Maps announced as part of the Summoner Appreciation cycle a while back. One was slated for July and the other in September.

The July dates weren’t announced until the very last minute and it was a shambles as we had to decide at that point what Map to run that week for some BGs for extra points. Not all players have deep rosters to be able to run day Map 6 or availability to burn energy as much as is needed for it.

It’s a similar concept to knowing in advance when the AW season is to start. Simple as that. And the monthly event calendar. Alliances also need to manage donations for the week eg deciding on minimal or even no donations for players.

Anyway the discussion has gone on long enough so @Kabam Miike or another mod would appreciate some input even if it’s a ‘watch this space’ sort of thing. We’re only a week or so out from September now. Cheers