**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is stark spidey worth generic 5* awakening gem

If you pick no, please put one champ you’d wait for to use it on.

Is stark spidey worth generic 5* awakening gem 21 votes

Yes, you really have to ask
52%
CapMark2shumaxgorathBLACKMILKTEA_88MasterChief1176AlwaysAngry_84Milan1405MorbidAngleBafamet_1979Giodood_1Nightbat214Invicta_Hellion 11 votes
No, wait for someone better
47%
ArcDeAngelusPantherusNZLvernon15ThatGuyYouSaw235Ingi_Freyr1975SantaGulk5tarscreamH3t3r_MGP_Deadpooliscool2019 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    The decision making process as so whether champion x is worthy of an awakening stone comes down to a couple of key factors:
    1) How good is that champion for completing difficult content
    2) How much of a difference will their awakening make compared to leaving them unawakened

You also need to consider whether they need a high sig level.

Finally - if you're talking about Generic vs Class awakening; you need to be REALLY sure if you're using a Generic because they are so hard to come by.

Based on all that, I say no because Starky is still great without being awakened, and others need it much more. The crit boost from awakening is great but IMO others are more "worthy".

That said - this Trucos guide says otherwise ;)

• Options
    Agentk24Agentk24 Posts: 22
    Question is will he be altered in the future
  • Options
    BoogerPresleyBoogerPresley Posts: 75

The decision making process as so whether champion x is worthy of an awakening stone comes down to a couple of key factors:
    1) How good is that champion for completing difficult content
    2) How much of a difference will their awakening make compared to leaving them unawakened

You also need to consider whether they need a high sig level.

Finally - if you're talking about Generic vs Class awakening; you need to be REALLY sure if you're using a Generic because they are so hard to come by.

Based on all that, I say no because Starky is still great without being awakened, and others need it much more. The crit boost from awakening is great but IMO others are more "worthy".

That said - this Trucos guide says otherwise ;)

It’s definitely a generic, this is very insightful. I have stark spidey at rank 4. It’s tempting to use it, but definitely understand it may be more beneficial to use it for someone that has a better awakened ability. The question would be who?
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Yes, you really have to ask
    I chucked my generic into sparky as I believe he will never be toned down in the future, as his main mechanics are stun on sp1, big damage (esp sp2) and nice autoevade and taunting ability when AI is up. That makes him a fantastic champion, but not one that is insanely OP that could be nerfed, like many people talk about corvus, ghost etc nerfs, but I believe sesm will never be nerfed, as he is nowhere near aegon/sl for long fights, or corvus for short fights, or ghost/void for utility
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Milan1405 said:

I chucked my generic into sparky as I believe he will never be toned down in the future, as his main mechanics are stun on sp1, big damage (esp sp2) and nice autoevade and taunting ability when AI is up. That makes him a fantastic champion, but not one that is insanely OP that could be nerfed, like many people talk about corvus, ghost etc nerfs, but I believe sesm will never be nerfed, as he is nowhere near aegon/sl for long fights, or corvus for short fights, or ghost/void for utility

Although kabam has come out and said they were going to rework underperforming champs, I do agree with you in that I don’t think starky will be nerfed.
  • Options
    I also have a 5* cosmic awakening gem
  • Options
    SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    It really depends on how often you use him or how much you like him. For me, I probably leave him at rank 2 or 3.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

I also have a 5* cosmic awakening gem

Use the Cosmic on that Hyperion and the Generic on that Archangel. Starky is amazing either way, but Archangel, Star-Lord and Doctor Voodoo need the awakening to shine.