**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Compensation

Comments

• Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Yes

Lets face it, if she didnt get buffed no one would even care if she got changed.

It's because people saw others taking down The Champion and they all Ranked her in droves.
    Might be true in some cases but plenty probably ranked her based on general gameplay videos or in game experiences based on her interactions after the buff. Pretty shortsighted to put it all down to one fight.
    Prior to 6.2, I'd venture a guess that very few R5 Shulks were floating around. Lol.
    Also the amount of times I’ve seen you in we need more gold threads preaching to people that you only rank what you need and to use smart rank ups to save gold and resources I’d think ranking a champ that has a unique function would be a pretty smart idea. Not everyone spends everyday in here debating every aspect of this game so to expect everyone to be aware of what’s intended and what’s not is also pretty shortsighted. Just my opinion though
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 ★★★★★
    Why do We Even Need Compensation

Lets face it, if she didnt get buffed no one would even care if she got changed.

She did get buffed though so while you’re right it’s not really relevant to the current predicament people are finding themselves in
    How is not relevant? Its absolutely relevant. People are mad because she's been buffed. If she didnt have the changes, no one would say a word.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Yes

She did get buffed though so while you’re right it’s not really relevant to the current predicament people are finding themselves in
    How is not relevant? Its absolutely relevant. People are mad because she's been buffed. If she didnt have the changes, no one would say a word.
    She did get buffed though mate, what you’re throwing out is a hypothetical. It’s not relevant because it didn’t happen
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No

It's because people saw others taking down The Champion and they all Ranked her in droves.
    Might be true in some cases but plenty probably ranked her based on general gameplay videos or in game experiences based on her interactions after the buff. Pretty shortsighted to put it all down to one fight.
    Prior to 6.2, I'd venture a guess that very few R5 Shulks were floating around. Lol.
    Also the amount of times I’ve seen you in we need more gold threads preaching to people that you only rank what you need and to use smart rank ups to save gold and resources I’d think ranking a champ that has a unique function would be a pretty smart idea. Not everyone spends everyday in here debating every aspect of this game so to expect everyone to be aware of what’s intended and what’s not is also pretty shortsighted. Just my opinion though
    Those aren't my words at all. I said I Rank at a pace. I also said 5 and 6*s are meant to take longer by design. Who people Rank and for what reasons are their choices. I don't judge because I don't subscribe to the "God Tier" mentality. That doesn't mean I'm a kumquat. Lol. I can see who people prefer.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I dont care at all if how she was "broke the game". It was an unstated and apparently unintended interaction. Some people got to benefit from it, some won't. If you ranked her based solely on that, again shame on you

How are you gonna say shame on the people who ranked her up for that reason like they knew it was unintended like it had been out for 3+ years it's not our fault Kabam doesn't know how to test a dang champion
    It wasn't stated and was an interaction that the vast majority of champions do not have. That screams unintended to anyone that's been playing the game for any lengthy period of time
    My problem isnt that it wasn't unintended my issue is that it took them over 3 years to realize she can do that which makes people think that it is intended since this has been in the game for how long...And plus if that's the case how come they haven't fixed the ability of hood and drax being able to chain combo despite hood being in the game for a few years and drax has been here from the start
    I doubt it took them that long to realize she can do it personally. I do assume that it was considered irrelevant until a very specific and difficult fight came along that she was able to essentially bypass with the "unintended interaction" that it became grounds to look at.

Hence why I said that the extent of the benefit to the player will unfortunately be the deciding factor of whether something unintended gets "fixed" unfortunately.

I agree with all of you that how this was handled was yet again poor at best. I just don't agree that the change itself is unjustified
    It still is kind of unjustified there isnt much different between a MLLLM combo and a MLLH combo anyways the way they are portraying it is they're acting like it's game breaking when it really isn't like wasp can heavy combo so why not SH
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    No

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I dont care at all if how she was "broke the game". It was an unstated and apparently unintended interaction. Some people got to benefit from it, some won't. If you ranked her based solely on that, again shame on you

How are you gonna say shame on the people who ranked her up for that reason like they knew it was unintended like it had been out for 3+ years it's not our fault Kabam doesn't know how to test a dang champion
    It wasn't stated and was an interaction that the vast majority of champions do not have. That screams unintended to anyone that's been playing the game for any lengthy period of time
    My problem isnt that it wasn't unintended my issue is that it took them over 3 years to realize she can do that which makes people think that it is intended since this has been in the game for how long...And plus if that's the case how come they haven't fixed the ability of hood and drax being able to chain combo despite hood being in the game for a few years and drax has been here from the start
    I doubt it took them that long to realize she can do it personally. I do assume that it was considered irrelevant until a very specific and difficult fight came along that she was able to essentially bypass with the "unintended interaction" that it became grounds to look at.

Hence why I said that the extent of the benefit to the player will unfortunately be the deciding factor of whether something unintended gets "fixed" unfortunately.

I agree with all of you that how this was handled was yet again poor at best. I just don't agree that the change itself is unjustified
    @Zuro @Rougeknight87 and others I don't feel like you don't have a right to be upset with this bc you do in my opinion. I just feel that majority of people are upset about the wrong thing. You should absolutely be upset about how this was handled bc it's yet again a poor example of how they go about this.

I don't feel anyone has a legitimate reason to be upset with the change overall though.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

@Zuro @Rougeknight87 and others I don't feel like you don't have a right to be upset with this bc you do in my opinion. I just feel that majority of people are upset about the wrong thing. You should absolutely be upset about how this was handled bc it's yet again a poor example of how they go about this.

I don't feel anyone has a legitimate reason to be upset with the change overall though.
    I see where you are coming from also but what I don't get is that as soon as people begin to start using her for her heavy chain ability after her buff they straight up shut it down but with the 3 years prior they just let it flow. It's like every time kabam takes a step up they take two steps back down straight after
  • Options
    No
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

It still is kind of unjustified there isnt much different between a MLLLM combo and a MLLH combo anyways the way they are portraying it is they're acting like it's game breaking when it really isn't like wasp can heavy combo so why not SH
    The difference is the effect applied on heavy for SH and you know it. That combined with chaining the heavy and getting successive taunts from fury gave her the ability to pin a very difficult opponent in the corner indefinitely. That's broken man. Wasp can't do that. No one else can. Quake can bypass a lot of the fight but the number of people that can successfully do that is minimal. That combined with her being able to do that while working within specified abilities makes her use for this less of an issue
  • Options
    Yes

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I actually agree with you mate but I’m also more active then your average summoner/player. Personally I get more upset like you do with how they handle things but just from talking to you you seem to have a very firm grasp of what’s going on within the contest. Where I disagree a little is to expect everyone to have that same grasp.
    People were unintentionally lead in the wrong direction which isn’t really anyone’s fault but it still happened none the less.

• Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

The difference is the effect applied on heavy for SH and you know it. That combined with chaining the heavy and getting successive taunts from fury gave her the ability to pin a very difficult opponent in the corner indefinitely. That's broken man. Wasp can't do that. No one else can. Quake can bypass a lot of the fight but the number of people that can successfully do that is minimal. That combined with her being able to do that while working within specified abilities makes her use for this less of an issue
    Don't get me wrong in some scenarios it can seem a bit broken but SH does have her fair share of weaknesses as well as an other champ in this game
  • Options
    No
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I see where you are coming from also but what I don't get is that as soon as people begin to start using her for her heavy chain ability after her buff they straight up shut it down but with the 3 years prior they just let it flow. It's like every time kabam takes a step up they take two steps back down straight after
    I'm not saying it's right but it makes sense to not worry about it until it has a large effect on very difficult game content

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I actually agree with you mate but I’m also more active then your average summoner/player. Personally I get more upset like you do with how they handle things but just from talking to you you seem to have a very firm grasp of what’s going on within the contest. Where I disagree a little is to expect everyone to have that same grasp.
    People were unintentionally lead in the wrong direction which isn’t really anyone’s fault but it still happened none the less.

I won't necessarily say you're wrong but it wasn't kabam that led them in any direction. It was content creators and other players making videos of SH being able to do this. Kabam themselves never came out and said this was how things should be working. Granted they should have certainly came out earlier and at least said it was being looked at bc the idea they just found out about this is laughable.

I do however feel that people should make a better effort to learn game interactions before making decisions like this though. I don't personally see how anyone could have seen this and thought it was as intended and was going to last.

I feel for people that legitimately didn't know any better honestly but unfortunately this more than likely is just going to end up being a learning experience for them I feel.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Yes

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I'm not saying it's right but it makes sense to not worry about it until it has a large effect on very difficult game content

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I won't necessarily say you're wrong but it wasn't kabam that led them in any direction. It was content creators and other players making videos of SH being able to do this. Kabam themselves never came out and said this was how things should be working. Granted they should have certainly came out earlier and at least said it was being looked at bc the idea they just found out about this is laughable.

I do however feel that people should make a better effort to learn game interactions before making decisions like this though. I don't personally see how anyone could have seen this and thought it was as intended and was going to last.

I feel for people that legitimately didn't know any better honestly but unfortunately this more than likely is just going to end up being a learning experience for them I feel.
    Yeah I meant content creators more so then kabam. The content was still there like you said and also agree they should have picked this up earlier and find it reprehensible hearing they didn’t know about it until recently. Feel we’re basically on the same page mate, maybe I’m just not articulating properly but I don’t disagree with much of anything you’re saying. Just differ in how other people should have viewed it I guess
  • Options
    No
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Don't get me wrong in some scenarios it can seem a bit broken but SH does have her fair share of weaknesses as well as an other champ in this game
    I'm sure she does. I've honestly never once attempted this with her. I've seen more than enough videos and have tackled plenty enough in game to know that pulling off that champion fight with her is not all that difficult for quite a few of the runs on him at a minimum.

I never said what she could do was game breaking but the fact that she made a fight like that boss that much easier to bypass was certainly grounds to look at it. If it had been stated she could chain her heavy, there really wouldn't be much ground to stand on for them but it definitely was not stated so unfortunate for those that ranked her up based on that, they're probably going to have to take this one on the chin
  • Options
    No

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Yeah I meant content creators more so then kabam. The content was still there like you said and also agree they should have picked this up earlier and find it reprehensible hearing they didn’t know about it until recently. Feel we’re basically on the same page mate, maybe I’m just not articulating properly but I don’t disagree with much of anything you’re saying. Just differ in how other people should have viewed it I guess
    I have no doubt they knew about it. It's just a matter of the effect on the game being weighted against the time to fix it was more than likely in play. Again, I don't agree with it but I do understand it
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

My problem is they do everything last minute for example:Nick Fury synergy nerf, Act 6 4 star ban, and now this
  • Options
    No
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

My problem is they do everything last minute for example:Nick Fury synergy nerf, Act 6 4 star ban, and now this
    Act 6 4* restriction really isn't relevant to this but I'll agree that how this and to an extent the restoration kit synergy was handled was poor
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I'm sure she does. I've honestly never once attempted this with her. I've seen more than enough videos and have tackled plenty enough in game to know that pulling off that champion fight with her is not all that difficult for quite a few of the runs on him at a minimum.

I never said what she could do was game breaking but the fact that she made a fight like that boss that much easier to bypass was certainly grounds to look at it. If it had been stated she could chain her heavy, there really wouldn't be much ground to stand on for them but it definitely was not stated so unfortunate for those that ranked her up based on that, they're probably going to have to take this one on the chin
    If they are nerf img her because she makes the fight look easy what about nerfing cap IW or SS because they also make the fight look easy as well
  • Options
    No
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

If they are nerf img her because she makes the fight look easy what about nerfing cap IW or SS because they also make the fight look easy as well
    Show me a video of r2 or 3 cap or sym clearing that fight please
  • Options
    No
    I did the majority of my clears with both of those champs. Either a R2 6* or R4 5* boosted. None of them would I have called easy.
  • Options
    No
    I'll never claim to be an elite player but I'm no scrub either. I play in a top 10 aq and T1 war alliance and not a single pass on that fight would I have called easy with either of those champs
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Act 6 4* restriction really isn't relevant to this but I'll agree that how this and to an extent the restoration kit synergy was handled was poor
    The 4 star situation isn't 100 percent relevant but there is still a comparison to be made as both have raged the community due t9 the understanding expected news and I'm pretty sure someone out there has beaten 6.2 champion with Cap IW at rank 3 and I even seen a vid of hood doing it at rank 3 as well
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    No
    I wish the playerbase was more united in situations like this. It seems to me like often times many ppl that are against any form of compensation either dont have a certain champ or use that champ. Ppl that are for compensation usually have the said champ and use them often. Then u have ppl who dont have the champ against any comp because a champ they use that was altered didnt get anything so they dont feel others should. Everyone is complaining and arguing fir the wrong reasons. Everyone should be united and vocal about the "how they went about it" with these changes than the actual change. Kabam handled this situation wrong. Kabam handled the situation with SS wrong. Kabam has a very bad problem explaining their actions and choices to the playerbase. If everyone started being more vocal about this we might start seeing changes. Until then it just looks like the playerbase is busy fighting with each other and attacking each other instead of being upset and holding Kabam accountable with how they go about informing the community about what is going on.
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Yes
    Most of the people that said no to this are the usual people that are always pro kabam, kabam never does wrong in their eyes which is fine I guess. I just suggest blocking them, you won't get a good conversation with them. They will just say the same thing they always do in every thread against kabam.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 ★★★★★
    Why do We Even Need Compensation
    Noob2435 said:

Most of the people that said no to this are the usual people that are always pro kabam, kabam never does wrong in their eyes which is fine I guess. I just suggest blocking them, you won't get a good conversation with them. They will just say the same thing they always do in every thread against kabam.

Funny, I do the same to the anti Kabam people such as yourself since people like you do exactly the same thing in every thread.
  • Options
    No
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

• Options
    No
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

The 4 star situation isn't 100 percent relevant but there is still a comparison to be made as both have raged the community due t9 the understanding expected news and I'm pretty sure someone out there has beaten 6.2 champion with Cap IW at rank 3 and I even seen a vid of hood doing it at rank 3 as well
    If you're getting down to conjecture and assuming "someone out there has done it" that makes it far less of to not even an issue when in comparison to SH.

I think people are getting caught up in the wrong thing personally. It's pretty hard to argue that this change isn't justified honestly. It's definitely not hard to argue that how the change came about was handled horribly. When something to this extent being evaluated the players should have been notified. Telling them after you've already decided to change it is pointless.

• Options
    Yes

Noob2435 said:

Funny, I do the same to the anti Kabam people such as yourself since people like you do exactly the same thing in every thread.
    Find a thread where I was being anti kabam, I'll wait. I'm pretty sure AT most you'll find 3. So you saying I do that in every thread is a huge lie, I'm not always against kabam. I hate the way they went about doing this to she hulk, every YouTuber I seen so far agrees that they are doing this a bad way.
  • Options
    No
    Noob2435 said:

If you have an issue with anything I personally have addressed feel free to tell me. I'm not sure exactly who your comment is aimed at but in find fault in plenty that kabam does. Parts of this situation being some of them.

Automatically dismissing someone bc they don't agree with you does nothing to promote a healthy discussion on how things like this should be addressed. I'm not dismissing any one's opinion bc they feel this is wrong I'm just merely trying to focus on what I feel they should actually be upset about
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

If you're getting down to conjecture and assuming "someone out there has done it" that makes it far less of to not even an issue when in comparison to SH.

I think people are getting caught up in the wrong thing personally. It's pretty hard to argue that this change isn't justified honestly. It's definitely not hard to argue that how the change came about was handled horribly. When something to this extent being evaluated the players should have been notified. Telling them after you've already decided to change it is pointless.

Although I said I think someone has done I disclosed later on that I have seen a r3 hood do it and if hood can do it so can Cap but that's besides the point. On everything else you have said I agree upon I'm just saying it's dumb how kabam makes an announcement so last minute it barely gives players time to react
  • Options
    Yes

Noob2435 said:

If you have an issue with anything I personally have addressed feel free to tell me. I'm not sure exactly who your comment is aimed at but in find fault in plenty that kabam does. Parts of this situation being some of them.

Automatically dismissing someone bc they don't agree with you does nothing to promote a healthy discussion on how things like this should be addressed. I'm not dismissing any one's opinion bc they feel this is wrong I'm just merely trying to focus on what I feel they should actually be upset about
    I wasn't talking about you , and there is people here you should automatically just ignore because you know what they will say. It's like going around in circles.
This discussion has been closed.