**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Luke cage’s exhaustion not working properly in variant 3: Polar opposites

SVWISVWI Posts: 74
edited September 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues

Each exhaustion from Luke Cage reduces opponents power gain by 25%. So 4 exhaustions normally shuts off all kinds of power gain effects on the opponents, and more exhaustions cause opponent to lose power from power gain buffs. But in variant 3: polar opposites chapter 2.2 (storm chapter) power gain lane even after placing 6+ exhaustions opponent is gaining power. Please tell me what am I missing in here or if it’s a bug would you be able to fix this problem anytime soon?! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    You is is missing the node improvement pover gian whil under a pover gian.
  • SVWISVWI Posts: 74
    Gamer said:

@Gamer been playing with luke for over 2 years now I know how his abilities work. Exhaustion reduces power gain from all source of power gain effects. Either it’s the node, or champs ability it doesn’t matter.

Check out this video- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c0MxMIqBseg
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Doesn't that path have +200% power gain.
    Thus he has 300% power gain. At -25%per exhaustion you would need 12 exhaustion up to reduce it to 0% and 13 or more to reverse it
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Yeh it’s the node. 200% improved power gain. Essentially gives them 300% power. Because Luke’s is a flat 25% it does reduce it by 25% and not 25% of 300. Would need twelve to completely shut it down
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    SVWI said:

Gamer said:

@Gamer been playing with luke for over 2 years now I know how his abilities work. Exhaustion reduces power gain from all source of power gain effects. Either it’s the node, or champs ability it doesn’t matter.

I guess not.
    SVWI said:

Gamer said:

You do not understand the node probably and my way to tell wasn’t the best either but offer Hav make point to why it’s isn’t working u wil need to Hav 15 of them to hav it stop complaining. With you can’t get that esay
    @Gamer if you know better lemme know how luke’s abilities work on a spite node, or try him against thor ragnarok and test out your theories and then teach me on this, may be?
    @Lormif have you ever used luke on a spite node? I guess not!

This node here make it so u need more that 4 to storm it void don’t work either he can shutdown to when he Hav 1 fear of the void and 2 petifi one but that only because of the node but in the update ther wher when live yesterday Migt Hav **** somtimg op but if you stil don’t get it this node is a spictel node it the normal one you we wher it just is 200 procent pover gian
    @Gamer @Lormif please explain this video then (hyp was a 200+ power gain node)

https://youtu.be/c0MxMIqBseg

If you can’t, say sorry, may be?
    SVWI said:

@Gamer @Lormif please explain this video then (hyp was a 200+ power gain node)

https://youtu.be/c0MxMIqBseg

If you can’t, say sorry, may be?

200 is not 300.

Understand that in this game % is a unit of measure, not a percentage of the whole, because you then have to determine when then whole is taken. In order to get past normal power gain you need 4+, 200% you need 8+, 300% 12+ and so on. You will note in that fight he regularly has 8 or 9, which is enough to bypass 200%.
    edited September 2019
    @Gamer you're dead wrong on this one bro! When you say 200%, you mean your current power gain and take 200% on that. So at 4 exhaustions his basic power gain is reduced to zero.

Now help me out on this simple math-

0 + 200% of 0 = ?

Can you answer it?

Like I said, Luke has been my top champ for far too long to miss anything about him. I've used him in all scenarios and pounded through all kinds of power gain stuff before and the math always worked like this-

If raw power from power gain effect is p, adding x% of extra power is entirely depended upon the current value of p, which is reduced by 25% for each exhaustion.

I know you wouldn't listen to this. Then answer this- if a champ gains 25% base power per second, shouldn't 1 exhaustion stop his power gain completely? Do you get what I am saying now?
    SVWI said:

@Gamer you're dead wrong on this one bro! When you say 200%, you mean your current power gain and take 200% on that. So at 4 exhaustions his basic power gain is reduced to zero.

Now help me out on this simple math-

0 + 200% of 0 = ?

Can you answer it?

Like I said, Luke has been my top champ for far too long to miss anything about him. I've used him in all scenarios and pounded through all kinds of power gain stuff before and the math always worked like this-

If raw power from power gain effect is p, adding x% of extra power is entirely depended upon the current value of p, which is reduced by 25% for each exhaustion.

I know you wouldn't listen to this. Then answer this- if a champ gains 25% base power per second, shouldn't 1 exhaustion stop his power gain completely? Do you get what I am saying now?

Your math is incorrect. It assumes your reduction in power gain is applied before the nodes reduction in power gain. This is incorrect. Just like with AAR. The calculation is very simple.

Base power + increased power - reduction in power. And again you have to look at the %s as units, not as proportions.

100 - 100 + 100 is still 100. They do not typically use multiplications on this, they just add.
    Then, @Lormif why does 4 exhaustions stop hyperion's power gain on a spite node (+200% power gain) when you have an active buff on yourself, like dexterity or something?
    edited September 2019
    @Lormif pretty sure without any added node, hyperion gains less than 25% power per second. But for the love of math lets say it's 25%

Now according to your formula, with 1 exhaustion-

Base power + 25% -25% = Base power.

This means after a single exhaustion, hyperion should only get power from his basic attack. Have you tried to see if that works?
    SVWI said:

Then, @Lormif why does 4 exhaustions stop hyperion's power gain on a spite node (+200% power gain) when you have an active buff on yourself, like dexterity or something?

The video you showed had 8-9, not 4

I dont even know what you are talking about with your math, it does not make sense. he gains 100% of the power gain, I am not sure where you get this 25% thing

You are wanting your debuffs to work addative, but everything else to work multiplicative, and in a set order that you want.
    edited September 2019
    @Lormif for god’s sake try luke in any other quest and see how his exhaustions work. Just try him out once against hyperion on a spite node. It has always been multiplicative.

Now forget about power for a sec. Say your champ’s attack rating is 1000.
    When you say your attack rating goes up by 25%, that’s multiplicative i.e. your attack rating is now 1000+(25% of 1000)=1250, not 1000+25=1025.
    When you say your attack rating is increased by 25, that’s additive i.e. your attack rating is now 1025, not 1250.

A percent is always multiplicative. That’s just simple math.

@Lormif try your luke against this act 5.3.5 hyperion with this 50% power gain node on. According to you, luke has to put 6 exhaustions to stop power gain. According to my theory, 4 should be good. Are you up for the challange?

Like I said, luke was my very first R5 and he’s sig 200 now. What about you? Do you even have a luke?
    SVWI said:

@Lormif try your luke against this act 5.3.5 hyperion with this 50% power gain node on. According to you, luke has to put 6 exhaustions to stop power gain. According to my theory, 4 should be good. Are you up for the challange?

Like I said, luke was my very first R5 and he’s sig 200 now. What about you? Do you even have a luke?

This node is defrinds from what is in varaint so no one that node u only need 4.
    edited September 2019
    @tafre @Gamer I’m tired of explaining it to you guys. Have any of you guys actually used luke in power gain nodes before? I seriously doubt that now.

Why is it that 4 exhaustions from luke stops power gain on any other 200% power gain node, except for this one quest?

In this game when they say percent (%), it’s always been multiplicative. 25% of 1000 is 1250, not 1025. They say a flat value when it’s additive. Like attack 1000 increased by 25 is 1025, not 1250.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    SVWI said:

@tafre @Gamer I’m tired of explaining it to you guys. Have any of you guys actually used luke in power gain nodes before? I seriously doubt that now.

Why is it that 4 exhaustions from luke stops power gain on any other 200% power gain node, except for this one quest?

In this game when they say percent (%), it’s always been multiplicative. 25% of 1000 is 1250, not 1025. They say a flat value when it’s additive. Like attack 1000 increased by 25 is 1025, not 1250.

There are different power gain nodes. One increases power gain (what you receive from landing and taking hits). Another is power gain effects which boosts passive and power buffs; like those of DS, Hyperion, Havok, Sym Supreme and nodes like spite, kinetic reactor, etc.
    SVWI said:

As many Hav said to you what is happening you don’t listen because you cler don’t hav a clue of this node

• Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    To be honest all of you responding to the OP have got it wrong with all the calculations and i don't understand why you guys are persistent on him being in the wrong because clearly you don't know how LC works or even bothered to read the node properly.

The node says increase the POWER gained from power gain effects by 200%. So taking the spite node which gives 18% of a bar of power per second. You would then apply the 200% to this which gives 54% of a bar. It is not enhancing the power gain effect as you all seem to think it does but the amount of power gained.

Luke Cage exhaustion reduces power gain effects by 25%. Thus at 4 stacks power gain effects are reduced by 100% .
    So at 4% spite should not be generating any power and the improved power gain node shouldn't be giving power since spite is giving no power.

so it does appear to be a bug.
    It could be related to this bug which applied the ability accuracy immunity for tech champions to all defenders in variant 3

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/969338#Comment_969338

DS’s passive power gain is a power gain effect and is operating at 300% due to the node. @Bidzy7
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @CoatHang3r

do me a favor and read what i wrote or how about going to the node in question and reading what it says.

edited September 2019
    Bidzy7 said:

@CoatHang3r

do me a favor and read what i wrote or how about going to the node in question and reading what it says.

I did, you didn’t account for DS’s passive power gain boosted to 300% by the 200% power gain effects node, you need 12 stacks to shut it down. Don’t know why you insist on being wrong about both the node and LC.