**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It's time to let us skip sp3 animations.

ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
It's like a fatality in MK. The first few times it's cool; however, the novelty wears off quickly.

The biggest issue is in AW. Since we only have 2:55 to finish a fight, using or pushing to sp3 can mean a timeout since the clock continues to tick.

Comments

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    ...people disagreed with this?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Its part of the fight. You have to keep an eye on the clock. If u know an opponent has a long sp3 and it will be a down to the wire fight, bait their specials so they dont get to 3.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    There's no need for any of the animations to be more then 5 sec long.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would rather they do away with the timer than end the animations. If i bring a 2* champ against a 6* and am still alive after 3 minutes let the fight keep going. Why do we need the timer?
    Zuro said:

Or they could just pause the timer

I was going to suggest this in the original post. However, Kabam has had a shaky history with, you know... simple solutions.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think the timer is there to get your moneys though
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I agree with this, the animations are great, but when playing champions like Namor or Mysterio, it's easy to get bored because you're firing off SP3's left and right.

It should be up to the player if they want to see the animations or skip them.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    Neotwism said:

Its part of the fight. You have to keep an eye on the clock. If u know an opponent has a long sp3 and it will be a down to the wire fight, bait their specials so they dont get to 3.

And what happens when the Kabam favored rng for baiting doesn't happen
    loader187 said:

Neotwism said:

And what happens when the Kabam favored rng for baiting doesn't happen
    Or when you have champs like LC, Iceman, KM or ST that can tank sp3.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    FYI, this is finally fixed with the update, can confirm that you can quit out of a fight and not get the wheel of death.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    perfectly balanced

as all things should be
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,720 ★★★★★
    Why are there even timers anyway
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I would rather they do away with the timer than end the animations. If i bring a 2* champ against a 6* and am still alive after 3 minutes let the fight keep going. Why do we need the timer?

I think it's to prevent a "stalemate" fight .. however, there are better ways ..

if it's to prevent along pause .. that's easy .. give 1 min "pause time" ... then time out ...
    as for possible stalemates .. you could check after 2 or 3 min, if neither health pool is lower than last time, then timeout .. or something like that ...

Literally several other (better) ways of handling whatever reason they have for having the timers there in the first place.

Of course, all the other methods don't add to their bottom line, as the current system ensures you timeout, lose half your life, and have to spend to get it back .. so I think we all know where this is going .. *sigh*