**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aarkus, a dimensional being!!!!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Dude just stop. I made points and you decided to take it to a personal place because you don't agree. If you would like to discuss it in a respectful way, I'm all ears. If not, I'm not going to degrade. I made valid points. You just don't agree with them. That doesn't mean I'm derailing. What IS derailing the Thread is making it personal because I don't agree with your point of view.

Go ahead: List your points. Oh, and "Kabam says so" does not count because they have also said that he is a dimensional being ;)
    Actually, that's the only point that IS valid. At least the most valid. They've stated themselves in the past with these subjects that they, along with Marvel, decide what attributes the Champs have. Marvel also has the final say. So far, we have people saying he MUST be Tagged as a Dimensional Being because they described him as an Alien from another dimension. Tags are internal metrics that affect the game, and they can have whatever attributes within the game that Kabam and Marvel decide works best within it.
    They did not describe him as an alien from another dimension, they literally use the term "dimensional being"! Also, Marvel definitely did not say "No, he shall not have the dimensional being tag" because they do not really care about that stuff.
    Again: How would it break the game if he had said tag? The best options would still be champions that nullify his buffs or power-control champions, like Scarlet Witch, Magik or IMIW.
    So you're saying that their comment that Marvel has a part in it is false?
    Yep. I'm saying that Marvel has definitely not specifically said that Aarkus should not have the DB tag, thus they have not made that decision. Simple logic.
    If we take that point and think a bit further, that means that Kabam says that Aarkus is a DB and is not a DB. Strange, right?
    That's not what I asked. I asked if you were saying the comment they made that Marvel works with them, and has the final say, is false. If you don't even believe what they're saying, then what's the use in us debating it? Seems like you've already decided what should and shouldn't be and what is truth or not.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,014 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Dude just stop. I made points and you decided to take it to a personal place because you don't agree. If you would like to discuss it in a respectful way, I'm all ears. If not, I'm not going to degrade. I made valid points. You just don't agree with them. That doesn't mean I'm derailing. What IS derailing the Thread is making it personal because I don't agree with your point of view.

Go ahead: List your points. Oh, and "Kabam says so" does not count because they have also said that he is a dimensional being ;)
    Actually, that's the only point that IS valid. At least the most valid. They've stated themselves in the past with these subjects that they, along with Marvel, decide what attributes the Champs have. Marvel also has the final say. So far, we have people saying he MUST be Tagged as a Dimensional Being because they described him as an Alien from another dimension. Tags are internal metrics that affect the game, and they can have whatever attributes within the game that Kabam and Marvel decide works best within it.
    They did not describe him as an alien from another dimension, they literally use the term "dimensional being"! Also, Marvel definitely did not say "No, he shall not have the dimensional being tag" because they do not really care about that stuff.
    Again: How would it break the game if he had said tag? The best options would still be champions that nullify his buffs or power-control champions, like Scarlet Witch, Magik or IMIW.
    Yep. I'm saying that Marvel has definitely not specifically said that Aarkus should not have the DB tag, thus they have not made that decision. Simple logic.
    If we take that point and think a bit further, that means that Kabam says that Aarkus is a DB and is not a DB. Strange, right?
    Why isn't Dr Strange a dimensional being?
    Because he does not come from another dimension (unlike Aarkus or Dormammu) and he is not empowered by a dimensional being (unlike Ghost Rider or Hood).
    He can travel dimension like Aarkus. Aarkus couldn't come to earth without the help of the scientist from earth. How's that any different? Both can travel dimensions with help.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

Snizzbar said:

OG Captain Marvel's bio says she is a member of both the Avengers AND the Guardians, and yet she doesn't have either as a hashtag.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I'll answer it anyways: The version we have in the game has the A-Force tag, which makes sense as she is one of the founding members of said team.
    The teams of a hero/villain can change and Kabam has some room for decisions there, but the "origin-place" is fixed.
    Could people please stop saying "But Champion X does not have tag Y" now? That adds nothing meaningful to the discussion.
    This has everything to do with the topic.
    "Bio says something but hashtag is missing" is what happened to both CM and Aarkus. Captain Marvel's bio doesn't mention A-Force but it EXPLICITLY STATES that she IS a member of the Avengers and Guardians. But she doesn't have either as a hashtag. And I only mention it to demonstrate that Kabam has previous form in that area.
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

That's not what I asked. I asked if you were saying the comment they made that Marvel works with them, and has the final say, is false. If you don't even believe what they're saying, then what's the use in us debating it? Seems like you've already decided what should and shouldn't be and what is truth or not.
    And I have said that Marvel definitely does not have the final say on the tags. Technically just asking them for permission to put a character into the game counts as "working with Marvel".
    And sorry, but yes: I have trust issues with a company that says that Aarkus is and is not a dimensional being.
    Okay then. You have it all figured out. We can stop debating it now. I'll be sure and let them know that the Players have the final say. Lol.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Because he does not come from another dimension (unlike Aarkus or Dormammu) and he is not empowered by a dimensional being (unlike Ghost Rider or Hood).
    He can travel dimension like Aarkus. Aarkus couldn't come to earth without the help of the scientist from earth. How's that any different? Both can travel dimensions with help.
    Just because he can travel dimes ions doesn't mean he is from a different dimension therefore he is not a dimensional being
    Zuro said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Just because he can travel dimes ions doesn't mean he is from a different dimension therefore he is not a dimensional being
    Aarkus travels from the Smokeworld Dimension to earth because of a earth scientist. If both Dr Strange and Aarkus are just travelers because they can't do it on their own, does it make them both dimensional beings?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    So after 5 pages, we can definitively say that Kabam is sloppy and inconsistent with tags, Aarkus is a dimensional being according to the text but doesn't have the tag (yet) for reasons (that I'd attribute to sloppy work before some plot against Blade since he's mostly irrelevant now). Arguing about the one true definition of nerf is pointless. Arguing about what dimensional being means and contorting it into absurdity to prove points isn't going to help anything either. Kabam has proven and said that they won't go as far as the deepest rabid continuity nerd wants them to with gamelore and they definitely won't go that far with many actual game elements. Sorry to those that think almost everyone in the game should be immune to one debuff or another, but you can't have it all ways or the game will devolve into absolute stupidity. It's semi-annoying but that's about all the tag amounts to.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Repto23 said:

So I must have missed the part in the definition of Nerfed that requires something TO BE TAKEN AWAY.

And what was taken away from Blade vs Aark Vision? Considering there WASNT ANYTHING THERE TO BEGIN WITH.

Zuro said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Aarkus travels from the Smokeworld Dimension to earth because of a earth scientist. If both Dr Strange and Aarkus are just travelers because they can't do it on their own, does it make them both dimensional beings?
    Dr strange is from earth and Aarkus is from a different dimension therefore meaning why would Dr strange be a dimensional being if he is from earth while on the other hand Aarkus is not
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Vision (Aarkus) IS a dimensional being and will probably get its dimensional hashtag (like Mysterio got its villain hashtag after 2 weeks) but Kabam could not get a badass vision come out to simply see him being destroyed by Blade !
    This vision can even bleed ! Blade could wipe him out in a few seconds and ruin the entire event !
    But with all the other beyond god tiers around (Ghost, supreme symbiote for example) Aarkus can easily be defeated as well

Too bad Kabam can not respect its own rules and always try to manipulate them only to their own benefit !

• Repto23 said:

Lol they removed my first post so I'll play nicer

We accepted the tagging of #Villains as #Mercenary (like Sabertooth) and others as #Thanos Army (this one is really a joke) and so on but YOU wrote his description to include him going between dimensions (which was the defining trait to Dimensional beings) and now he isn't intended to be that? Sounds like a blatant Blade nerf

Blade isn't nerfed. Blade isn't changed at all. Blade is still Blade. If a champion isnt tagged as either Dimentional or Villain or part of the Mystic Class, doesn't mean its a nerf. It means he can't get Danger Sense. A nerf would mean Danger Sense no longer activates for the Mystic Class. Stop calling it a nerf when it isn't. Argue about the inconsistency with tagging but its not a nerf.
    Okay, okay. A passive Blade nerf, if you will.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Vision (Aarkus) IS a dimensional being and will probably get its dimensional hashtag (like Mysterio got its villain hashtag after 2 weeks) but Kabam could not get a badass vision come out to simply see him being destroyed by Blade !
    This vision can even bleed ! Blade could wipe him out in a few seconds and ruin the entire event !
    But with all the other beyond god tiers around (Ghost, supreme symbiote for example) Aarkus can easily be defeated as well

Too bad Kabam can not respect its own rules and always try to manipulate them only to their own benefit !

He wont get if later. Mysterio atleast had it stealth tagged
    DalBot said:

Repto23 said:

But again does this affect literally anyone other than blade? If so, I'll say it's not an intended dulling of blades effectiveness

Like @NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE said, how does it affect Blade if he never had the tag to begin with? What makes him any different than other champs like Quake or Domino? I don't follow your logic.

I'll use Warlock again as you completely breezed by it already. Is Iceman nerfed because Warlock is frostbite and coldsnap immune?

Coldsnap/Frostbite and Danger Sense are both abilities so how is it different? Does it qualify as a nerf too?
    Your Warlock comparison is a new level of disingenuous for you, which is really saying something.

Does Warlocks description say that he has human flesh that makes him vulnerable to bleed and coldsnap? Because Aarkus' description specifically says he is a dimensional being.

Stop doing everything you do to deter and delete threads. It's old dude.
    Oh @DalBot missed the point completely. As I stated numerous times, that argument is completely about people calling it a Blade nerf but thanks for playing.
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

One is from earth, one is from a different dimension. As simple as that. Plus, DS does not gain his powers from a different dimensional being
    Aarkus doesn't get his powers from a being either. A earth scientist brought him to earth from smokeworld.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Aarkus certainly should be tagged as a dimensional being since he is one, but arguing about it is moot. Kabam won't tag him as one as they hate it when players have an easier time with content because they have blade. Never mind that if you have a champ like Corvus or Ghost, this event is a breeze to do, Blade seems to be the only champion that isn't allowed to make content easier despite being overshadowed by much better champions. Even if Kabam does change their mind and tag Aarkus properly, it won't be until after the event ends. Bottom line is that Kabam doesn't care about their playerbase, they only care about their bottom line: profit.

DalBot said:

Repto23 said:

But again does this affect literally anyone other than blade? If so, I'll say it's not an intended dulling of blades effectiveness

Like @NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE said, how does it affect Blade if he never had the tag to begin with? What makes him any different than other champs like Quake or Domino? I don't follow your logic.

I'll use Warlock again as you completely breezed by it already. Is Iceman nerfed because Warlock is frostbite and coldsnap immune?

Coldsnap/Frostbite and Danger Sense are both abilities so how is it different? Does it qualify as a nerf too?
    Your Warlock comparison is a new level of disingenuous for you, which is really saying something.

Does Warlocks description say that he has human flesh that makes him vulnerable to bleed and coldsnap? Because Aarkus' description specifically says he is a dimensional being.

Stop doing everything you do to deter and delete threads. It's old dude.
    Oh @DalBot missed the point completely. As I stated numerous times, that argument is completely about people calling it a Blade nerf but thanks for playing.
    The argument is not that the argument is that vision should have a DB tag
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    We should not be relying on the flavor text to know what the opponent should be classified as. It is merely flavor text after all. Abilities and tags are more important.
    Zuro said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

One is from earth, one is from a different dimension. As simple as that. Plus, DS does not gain his powers from a different dimensional being
    Aarkus doesn't get his powers from a being either. A earth scientist brought him to earth from smokeworld.
    It doesn't matter if aarkus doesn't get powers from another being HE IS FROM A DIFFERENT DIMENSION
    Agree to disagree. I respect your viewpoint but we're just going in circles.
    That's the problem in a nutshell right there. People can't disagree with opinions without being called Trolls. "My way or the highway."
    They don't "have" to add any Tag but the ones they decide. They might and they might not add them, but the idea that we tell them what should and should not be added is preposterous. Perhaps they just don't want them to interact as Dimensional Beings. It could be just as simple as that.
    TRONG94 said:

Stop derailing topics trolls. I mean in every post, they'd rather exploit terminologies and make it be their own useless ignorant discussion than add any valid points to it.

Just ignore them guys. You can't reason with ppl that are not open to possibilities other than "This game is so great already, it doesn't need to be improved at all".
    Stop quoting, answering them even when they're quoting and tagging you. They will feel pathetic for not getting your attention.

About the topic, Aarkus and Claire are clearly dimensional beings, then at some point, they should add that. It is a must, just like every character has a gender tag and all robot characters have #robot.

Some champions work around hashtags like Domino's syn with DP towards non-robot males, Magnero towards #metal, Medusa towards #robot.

They cannot remove #robot from Ultron or Nebula just because they don't want Medusa to shut down their abilities. It would be very ridiculous. If you don't find this ridiculous then dude, are you okay?

We need consistency in the game not a reason like they are dimensional beings but Blade is too powerful already or he alone is not intended to trigger danger sense to Aarkus and Claire so they aren't hashtagged so.

And I explored UC without Blade in case somebody may want to attack me.

So what you're saying is that because my opinion differs from others, I'm not allowed to express it? Have I been rude to anyone in my responses? Have I called them trolls because of their point of view? Have I insulted them in anyway what so ever? Who really is the troll here?
    I made valid points. They're overlooked as usual. Tags are internal mechanics that affect interactions. Just because they described him as coming from another dimension doesn't mean that interaction MUST be added. Further to that, Kabam works alongside Marvel to draw upon Films, Comics, and other sources. However at the end of the day, they also have a game to balance. Which means many things we would consider "logical" may not apply to the game. The Tag comes with a very specific interaction, and if their goal is not to have that interaction, that's their call.
This discussion has been closed.