**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aarkus, a dimensional being!!!!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

That's the problem in a nutshell right there. People can't disagree with opinions without being called Trolls. "My way or the highway."
    They don't "have" to add any Tag but the ones they decide. They might and they might not add them, but the idea that we tell them what should and should not be added is preposterous. Perhaps they just don't want them to interact as Dimensional Beings. It could be just as simple as that.

No you guys are being called trolls because you don't have any valid points
    They arent vaild in your opinion. And I was trying to have a normal discussion with you without all this name calling but if you want it the other way, you're just as much as a troll as me because your opinions and points are not valid either. 🤷
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

I made valid points. They're overlooked as usual. Tags are internal mechanics that affect interactions. Just because they described him as coming from another dimension doesn't mean that interaction MUST be added. Further to that, Kabam works alongside Marvel to draw upon Films, Comics, and other sources. However at the end of the day, they also have a game to balance. Which means many things we would consider "logical" may not apply to the game. The Tag comes with a very specific interaction, and if their goal is not to have that interaction, that's their call.

Yes it MUST be added because he is from a different dimension and they state it themselves. That's like saying they write in colossus description that he is bleed immune but he is not. IT MAKES

Zuro said:

That's the problem in a nutshell right there. People can't disagree with opinions without being called Trolls. "My way or the highway."
    They don't "have" to add any Tag but the ones they decide. They might and they might not add them, but the idea that we tell them what should and should not be added is preposterous. Perhaps they just don't want them to interact as Dimensional Beings. It could be just as simple as that.

They arent vaild in your opinion. And I was trying to have a normal discussion with you without all this name calling but if you want it the other way, you're just as much as a troll as me because your opinions and points are not valid either. 🤷
    Your points aren't valid to anyone else here that's why people are disagreeI ng with you please state a point that I have made that is invalid since I've debunked every point you have made thus far
  • palaboypalaboy Posts: 19
    Booooooo!!!

This is not a bug. Vision (Aarkus) is not intended to be a Dimensional Being.

Why on Smokeworld not?
    Simply because he was not designed to be one. There's not much more to it!
    TRONG94 said:

@Demonzfyre You think I'm a troll then just put me in your ignore list. Thank you!

I don't actually call anyone a troll nor usually think that on a normal basis. People are allowed an opinion as are you. You completely brushed past everything else I said to you as well which in all honesty, trolling type behavior as you are just saying stuff to say stuff.

If you can have an opinion, I can have one as well. If there is something you say, I might agree or disagree and that's my right to same as you.

You call me or whoever else trolls because our opinions are different is trolling. Plain and simple.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Zuro said:

I made valid points. They're overlooked as usual. Tags are internal mechanics that affect interactions. Just because they described him as coming from another dimension doesn't mean that interaction MUST be added. Further to that, Kabam works alongside Marvel to draw upon Films, Comics, and other sources. However at the end of the day, they also have a game to balance. Which means many things we would consider "logical" may not apply to the game. The Tag comes with a very specific interaction, and if their goal is not to have that interaction, that's their call.

Yes it MUST be added because he is from a different dimension and they state it themselves. That's like saying they write in colossus description that he is bleed immune but he is not. IT MAKES

Zuro said:

Your points aren't valid to anyone else here that's why people are disagreeI ng with you please state a point that I have made that is invalid since I've debunked every point you have made thus far
    Considering his Spotlight hasn't even been released, people are taking an excerpt and saying it must apply to his Tag.

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Considering his Spotlight hasn't even been released, people are taking an excerpt and saying it must apply to his Tag.
    It must apply because Kabam themselves write in the bio that he is a DB so why not tag him as one and please make anote actual point about why they should not instead of saying "It's not intended/Kabam don't want him to be" because if they didn't want him to be one why is it in his bio
    edited September 2019
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Look dude, youve not debunked anything at all. You've stated your side and I've stated mine. Aarkus isnt a dimensional being like Magik or Hood etc.. Because hes not controlled by a dimensional being like you siad the others are. Ive already posted source material that shows he traveled here with the help of a earth scientist and he had his powers on his own world. At best hes an alien from another dimension. Just like anyone from the multiverse would be.

At the very begging of all this other non-sense I was only arguing that not being tagged "D.B." doesn't nerf Blade. Honestly, I'll be perfectly fine if the change his tags to D.B.

I think they should remove dimensional being wording from his Bio. They should put that he's alien from Smokeworld.

Im gonna say it again and keep defending it. Just because my points are vailid by you or the others doesnt make them invalid. It makes them different. You've got to learn that people can have discussions that have a difference of opinion. Thats what this forum is. Never have I this whole time tried to devalue you by calling your opinion invalid or called you a troll. Ive only just brought counter points to you. Whether you agree or not is all fine by me I don't think of you any less and I still respect your point of view. I have my stance and it isnt changing. All I really cared about was the whole Blade nerf thing in the first place.

I think its an interesting conversation about how hes viewed. Again, I think Kabam shouldn't have ever called him a dimensional being period as well as a few others in the game that I also feel arent tagged right or classified right either.

I'll leave it at that. If you'd like to continue with a civil discussion, I'm all for it. If your going to continue to throw insults, I won't continue with you.
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

It must apply because Kabam themselves write in the bio that he is a DB so why not tag him as one and please make anote actual point about why they should not instead of saying "It's not intended/Kabam don't want him to be" because if they didn't want him to be one why is it in his bio
    It doesn't have to apply just because he's from another dimension in the Bio. That's the point I'm trying to make, but no. The whole argument is if you use the word dimension in a Bio, you automatically have to Tag him as one. Good Lord. Lol.

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

It doesn't have to apply just because he's from another dimension in the Bio. That's the point I'm trying to make, but no. The whole argument is if you use the word dimension in a Bio, you automatically have to Tag him as one. Good Lord. Lol.
    Nope. It doesn't merely say he is from another dimension. It says: "Aarkus (The Vision), the Keeper of Law, is a dimensional being". He is a dimensional being. The point you are trying (your words but emphasis on trying lol) to make is wrong.
    This where I think Kabam gets it wrong. Hes not possessed by anyone if you go off of his source material. Hes an alien from another dimension. Being from another dimension doesn't make you a dimensional being. Again, I'm just reading up on him and from the origins I'm reading, he doesnt get his powers from another being or is possessed.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Nope. It doesn't merely say he is from another dimension. It says: "Aarkus (The Vision), the Keeper of Law, is a dimensional being". He is a dimensional being. The point you are trying (your words but emphasis on trying lol) to make is wrong.
    This where I think Kabam gets it wrong. Hes not possessed by anyone if you go off of his source material. Hes an alien from another dimension. Being from another dimension doesn't make you a dimensional being. Again, I'm just reading up on him and from the origins I'm reading, he doesnt get his powers from another being or is possessed.
    Dormammu, Mephisto and Magik aren't possessed either.
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Why not please explain why not? that's like saying colossus is bleed immune in his bio but they don't automatically have to make him bleed immune your point makes NO SENSE
    Bleed Immune is a very specific Ability. Saying he came from another dimension is his back story. That doesn't mean he's automatically classified as a Dimensional Being in the game. See my previous comment on how Tags govern specific interactions.
    Snizzbar said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Which again the argument could be made they arent actually dimensional beings.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

Snizzbar said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Why do you believe the single thing that makes dimensional beings actually be a dimensional being is that they are possessed? I would have thought a DB would either be from another dimension or get their power from another dimension. Or maybe be able to travel through other dimensions.
    Man, now I'm not sure. Rats
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Why do you believe the single thing that makes dimensional beings actually be a dimensional being is that they are possessed? I would have thought a DB would either be from another dimension or get their power from another dimension. Or maybe be able to travel through other dimensions.
    Man, now I'm not sure. Rats
    @Snizzbar that's the confusing part lol. Personally my train of thought is that a dimensional being draws their power from their own dimension. I mean to add layers check out this artcle- https://www.cbr.com/marvel-heroes-powers-alternate-dimension/quickview/21 some real food for thought.
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Why not please explain why not? that's like saying colossus is bleed immune in his bio but they don't automatically have to make him bleed immune your point makes NO SENSE
    Bleed Immune is a very specific Ability. Saying he came from another dimension is his back story. That doesn't mean he's automatically classified as a Dimensional Being in the game. See my previous comment on how Tags govern specific interactions.
    Saying he is from another dimension is also a very specific thing so what are you getting at here
    Okay, now you sound intentionally vague.
  • MasChingonMasChingon Posts: 10

This is not a bug. Vision (Aarkus) is not intended to be a Dimensional Being.

Key word. Not intended. It’s gets used a lot.
    Almost excessive as an excuse.
    She-hulk was “not intended” to chain her heavy with an combo. Yet we find out many champions can chain heavies.
    Namor was not intended to reflect damage back to thanos with “One eyed open” node.
    Act 6.2 champion was not intended to remove/reset his indestructible buffs, yet it happens.

Anytime you Kabam using the words “not intended” there will be a nerf, or it was bug that will be fixed immediately if it gives us end users an advantage.
    If it gives us a disadvantage, it will be “worked on”

Keep your eyes open for “not intended”
    Not intended means they don't want it. Not planned. Not the intended outcome. That's about it in a nutshell.

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Saying he is from another dimension is also a very specific thing so what are you getting at here
    What?
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

What?
    My comment was clear. There's a difference between saying Bleed Immune, something very specific in the game, and saying he came from another dimension in their back story.

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

What?
    My comment was clear. There's a difference between saying Bleed Immune, something very specific in the game, and saying he came from another dimension in their back story.
    They aren't much different both are game- mechanic related
This discussion has been closed.