**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aarkus, a dimensional being!!!!

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    I'm going to bed. Lol. I'm all Tagged out and I have to work tomorrow. Happy debating guys.
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Hmm.. I can see why they might not have intended for him to have the tag Dimensional being (because that also means champs with Danger sense would suddenly have an edge over this Vision, something they didn't intend for?), but they still describe him as a dimensional being. That fact makes it easy to understand players confusion and disappointment, especially if they have Blade ranked up.
    They need to try to make balanced champs, but sometimes that seems to mean they have to ignore logic, such as vision being described as a Dimensional being, yet not getting the tag associated with that.
    Maybe some of us are reading to much into Kabam Miike's response, but it did seem snarky to me. Maybe that's not how it was intended. I give him the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    That's the best thing for it when you take up an indefensible position. Cheers.
  • Options

Hmm.. I can see why they might not have intended for him to have the tag Dimensional being (because that also means champs with Danger sense would suddenly have an edge over this Vision, something they didn't intend for?), but they still describe him as a dimensional being. That fact makes it easy to understand players confusion and disappointment, especially if they have Blade ranked up.
    They need to try to make balanced champs, but sometimes that seems to mean they have to ignore logic, such as vision being described as a Dimensional being, yet not getting the tag associated with that.
    Maybe some of us are reading to much into Kabam Miike's response, but it did seem snarky to me. Maybe that's not how it was intended. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Champs with danger sense"? There is only one. There is no confusion or disappointment. There is annoyance that there is an obvious error which was not explained but merely dismissed by @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Battle between 2 5* duped commentors GW and LNF, ready, begin XXD
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

"Champs with danger sense"? There is only one. There is no confusion or disappointment. There is annoyance that there is an obvious error which was not explained but merely dismissed by @Kabam Miike
    Yeah, that might be the less diplomatic way to put it. Haha. I agree. I think the biggest problem in this case is the dismissal by Miike. They can't or don't want to explain it in a satisfactory way, so they dismiss the objection made out of logic. Basically answering: because...
  • Options
    DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Haji_Saab said:

This is what happens when you don't nerf overpowered champions when they were released.

Just because of Blade, we are now twisting and turning every logic just so we can have champions outside his danger sense.

First with children of Thanos and now this

Its no different from Corvus or Ghost. Now they need super hard content or supper annoying new defenders just to counter those 2.

You would think they learned from blade, but Corvus and ghost proves thats just how they like to operate, no balance at all
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    The best comparison I have is someone’s description bio saying this robot champ _____ is blah blah blah. Then not giving that champ the robot tag and thus Medusa can’t armor shatter, nebula can’t shut down abilities, and if they inflict bleed can trigger cables degen. It’s maybe what people refer to as a “soft nerf”? It doesn’t make Blade worse but it does make him less effective against a champ that by his description Blade should be more effective against. Same way if a bio described robot was released that didn’t have the robot tag Medusa wouldn’t be worse but would be less effective against a champ she SHOULD be effective against. They dug their own grave describing him as a dimensional being but not tagging him as such. They should call him a “cosmic being” as he’s cosmic... remove the dimensional word and be done with this. I don’t care if he triggers danger sense or not... they way they’ve designed his description though he should have the tag.

🐻
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I made valid points. They're overlooked as usual. Tags are internal mechanics that affect interactions. Just because they described him as coming from another dimension doesn't mean that interaction MUST be added. Further to that, Kabam works alongside Marvel to draw upon Films, Comics, and other sources. However at the end of the day, they also have a game to balance. Which means many things we would consider "logical" may not apply to the game. The Tag comes with a very specific interaction, and if their goal is not to have that interaction, that's their call.

Yes it MUST be added because he is from a different dimension and they state it themselves. That's like saying they write in colossus description that he is bleed immune but he is not. IT MAKES

Zuro said:

That's the problem in a nutshell right there. People can't disagree with opinions without being called Trolls. "My way or the highway."
    They don't "have" to add any Tag but the ones they decide. They might and they might not add them, but the idea that we tell them what should and should not be added is preposterous. Perhaps they just don't want them to interact as Dimensional Beings. It could be just as simple as that.

No you guys are being called trolls because you don't have any valid points
    They arent vaild in your opinion. And I was trying to have a normal discussion with you without all this name calling but if you want it the other way, you're just as much as a troll as me because your opinions and points are not valid either. 🤷
    Your points aren't valid to anyone else here that's why people are disagreeI ng with you please state a point that I have made that is invalid since I've debunked every point you have made thus far
    Considering his Spotlight hasn't even been released, people are taking an excerpt and saying it must apply to his Tag.
    It must apply because Kabam themselves write in the bio that he is a DB so why not tag him as one and please make anote actual point about why they should not instead of saying "It's not intended/Kabam don't want him to be" because if they didn't want him to be one why is it in his bio
    It doesn't have to apply just because he's from another dimension in the Bio. That's the point I'm trying to make, but no. The whole argument is if you use the word dimension in a Bio, you automatically have to Tag him as one. Good Lord. Lol.
    Nope. It doesn't merely say he is from another dimension. It says: "Aarkus (The Vision), the Keeper of Law, is a dimensional being". He is a dimensional being. The point you are trying (your words but emphasis on trying lol) to make is wrong.
    This where I think Kabam gets it wrong. Hes not possessed by anyone if you go off of his source material. Hes an alien from another dimension. Being from another dimension doesn't make you a dimensional being. Again, I'm just reading up on him and from the origins I'm reading, he doesnt get his powers from another being or is possessed.
    If they described him the way you suggested I'd be OK with it. Either his Bio is wrong and should be corrected or he should have the hashtag. If they intend his Bio to be the way it is and don't give the hashtag "just because" I have a problem with it.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I made valid points. They're overlooked as usual. Tags are internal mechanics that affect interactions. Just because they described him as coming from another dimension doesn't mean that interaction MUST be added. Further to that, Kabam works alongside Marvel to draw upon Films, Comics, and other sources. However at the end of the day, they also have a game to balance. Which means many things we would consider "logical" may not apply to the game. The Tag comes with a very specific interaction, and if their goal is not to have that interaction, that's their call.

Yes it MUST be added because he is from a different dimension and they state it themselves. That's like saying they write in colossus description that he is bleed immune but he is not. IT MAKES

Zuro said:

That's the problem in a nutshell right there. People can't disagree with opinions without being called Trolls. "My way or the highway."
    They don't "have" to add any Tag but the ones they decide. They might and they might not add them, but the idea that we tell them what should and should not be added is preposterous. Perhaps they just don't want them to interact as Dimensional Beings. It could be just as simple as that.

No you guys are being called trolls because you don't have any valid points
    They arent vaild in your opinion. And I was trying to have a normal discussion with you without all this name calling but if you want it the other way, you're just as much as a troll as me because your opinions and points are not valid either. 🤷
    Your points aren't valid to anyone else here that's why people are disagreeI ng with you please state a point that I have made that is invalid since I've debunked every point you have made thus far
    Considering his Spotlight hasn't even been released, people are taking an excerpt and saying it must apply to his Tag.
    It must apply because Kabam themselves write in the bio that he is a DB so why not tag him as one and please make anote actual point about why they should not instead of saying "It's not intended/Kabam don't want him to be" because if they didn't want him to be one why is it in his bio
    It doesn't have to apply just because he's from another dimension in the Bio. That's the point I'm trying to make, but no. The whole argument is if you use the word dimension in a Bio, you automatically have to Tag him as one. Good Lord. Lol.
    Nope. It doesn't merely say he is from another dimension. It says: "Aarkus (The Vision), the Keeper of Law, is a dimensional being". He is a dimensional being. The point you are trying (your words but emphasis on trying lol) to make is wrong.
    This where I think Kabam gets it wrong. Hes not possessed by anyone if you go off of his source material. Hes an alien from another dimension. Being from another dimension doesn't make you a dimensional being. Again, I'm just reading up on him and from the origins I'm reading, he doesnt get his powers from another being or is possessed.
    If they described him the way you suggested I'd be OK with it. Either his Bio is wrong and should be corrected or he should have the hashtag. If they intend his Bio to be the way it is and don't give the hashtag "just because" I have a problem with it.
    Right there with you.
  • Options
    TRONG94 said:

Even with Dorm, Blade still needs way more time than Ghost to finish off Claire, I tried that.

All of us know what is wrong and what needs to be fixed. No points arguing with blunt ppl when they cant give a valid point, they say "Well, they are DBs but they don't have that tag 'cuz Kabam knows best for the sake of game balance".

Dimensional Beings is a very unique tag just like #avengers or #spider-verse heroes or #guardians of the galaxy. They don't apply to a vast number of champs. They have to be in a consistency and apply to characters who are obviously qualified for them.
    Wouldn't it be funny if any spider man in future comes to the game without "spider-verse heroes" tag.

#Sony XD
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I still wanna know how blade is effected by something that was never there in the first place
  • Options

I still wanna know how blade is effected by something that was never there in the first place

He's not.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

He's not.
    According to like the 3 people in this thread he is, which they haven't explained very well. They keep going Aark "Could have this so it should and because he doesn't Blade is nerfed." I mean Captain America could have a small regen considering he has an advanced healing factor, or how Hulk could have a healing factor but he doesn't have regen, or how Angela could be able to deal bleeds but doesn't, or psylocke or Glad Hulk. The list goes on.
  • Options

He's not.
    According to like the 3 people in this thread he is, which they haven't explained very well. They keep going Aark "Could have this so it should and because he doesn't Blade is nerfed." I mean Captain America could have a small regen considering he has an advanced healing factor, or how Hulk could have a healing factor but he doesn't have regen, or how Angela could be able to deal bleeds but doesn't, or psylocke or Glad Hulk. The list goes on.
    Oh, I agree.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Cassy said:

One more Point with the Black Widow Clair Voyante Dimensional being thing.

Everyone claiming its not for being a mystic, but she is a satan rebirth as soul reaver that makes her a "must" for DB Tag.
    What about Punisher? Is He a DB too? Why not? Almost the same thing. But no uproar for Him!

More Champions that would qualify for DB Tag with nitpicking are hela, all fantasic four, phoenix and so on.

Kabam will fix the typo to "a being from another dimension" instead and everything is fine.

I think the understanding of dimensions is different from another planet
    Zuro said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Dude just stop. I made points and you decided to take it to a personal place because you don't agree. If you would like to discuss it in a respectful way, I'm all ears. If not, I'm not going to degrade. I made valid points. You just don't agree with them. That doesn't mean I'm derailing. What IS derailing the Thread is making it personal because I don't agree with your point of view.

Go ahead: List your points. Oh, and "Kabam says so" does not count because they have also said that he is a dimensional being ;)
    Actually, that's the only point that IS valid. At least the most valid. They've stated themselves in the past with these subjects that they, along with Marvel, decide what attributes the Champs have. Marvel also has the final say. So far, we have people saying he MUST be Tagged as a Dimensional Being because they described him as an Alien from another dimension. Tags are internal metrics that affect the game, and they can have whatever attributes within the game that Kabam and Marvel decide works best within it.
    They did not describe him as an alien from another dimension, they literally use the term "dimensional being"! Also, Marvel definitely did not say "No, he shall not have the dimensional being tag" because they do not really care about that stuff.
    Again: How would it break the game if he had said tag? The best options would still be champions that nullify his buffs or power-control champions, like Scarlet Witch, Magik or IMIW.
    So you're saying that their comment that Marvel has a part in it is false?
    Yep. I'm saying that Marvel has definitely not specifically said that Aarkus should not have the DB tag, thus they have not made that decision. Simple logic.
    If we take that point and think a bit further, that means that Kabam says that Aarkus is a DB and is not a DB. Strange, right?
    Why isn't Dr Strange a dimensional being?
    Because he does not come from another dimension (unlike Aarkus or Dormammu) and he is not empowered by a dimensional being (unlike Ghost Rider or Hood).
    He can travel dimension like Aarkus. Aarkus couldn't come to earth without the help of the scientist from earth. How's that any different? Both can travel dimensions with help.
    Just because he can travel dimes ions doesn't mean he is from a different dimension therefore he is not a dimensional being
    Just cuz magik can travel to limbo through her portal discs, doesn't mean she's a dimensional being also I guess
This discussion has been closed.