**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood unblockable sp2

Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
In story quest 5.2.2 boss is hood, who had an unblockable sp2 link on. Unblockable specifically mentions bullets as a blockable part of a special I think, as an object with flight time. I was hit by that bullet from across the screen, while holding block with stark spider. Am I missing a thing in there someplace?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

In story quest 5.2.2 boss is hood, who had an unblockable sp2 link on. Unblockable specifically mentions bullets as a blockable part of a special I think, as an object with flight time. I was hit by that bullet from across the screen, while holding block with stark spider. Am I missing a thing in there someplace?

Unblockable only allows you to block things with a "flight time", some projectiles such as spidermans webs and hoods sp2 are instant and therefore unblockable. Your best bet is to bait sp1.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Unblockable only allows you to block things with a "flight time", some projectiles such as spidermans webs and hoods sp2 are instant and therefore unblockable. Your best bet is to bait sp1.
    Piggy backing off that, you wont take block damage and you don't have to wait for invisibility to go away.
    edited September 2019

I got through the node fine (node is unblockable sp2, and also a "less likely to sp1"). But I just thought it was confusing. For instance, you actually CAN block spidermans webs, but the first punch he runs up gets you. The unblockable node says "instant, such as a beam or psychic blast." And on the other hand says "objects with flight time, like arrows or rocks," I think is how they word it. Isnt hood just shooting magic bullets with flight time?

Unless they changed something you used to not be able to block classic spidermans first web, because it was considered instant. Also bullets hit pretty instantaneously.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    I recently had trouble with him too!

The way I can figure is that either magic bullets are considered instant, or kabam forgot bullets have flight time because they have fewer guns in Canada.

technically all projectiles have flight time, BUT bullets are near instant to the point of being invisible to the naked eye just like lasers. Arrows and rocks on the other hand are not.

I get your point, but at the end of the day, the wording says instant, not near instant. And when we compare lasers and bullets, let's be clear about the difference in speed. Both may be too fast for our eyes, but ones less than 2k mph, versus the other that can be pushed faster than light speed. I'd consider bullets closer to rocks than lasers.

Again, nothing is instant, both lasers and bullets take time, lasers cannot be pushed past light speed.