**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With the 5 star AG comming up

Should I use my AG on my 5 star sentenel, beast, or save it for someone potentially better?

With the 5 star AG comming up 41 votes

Sentenel
14%
16wegnerkTehsigzorzBlackJ4zzFhfjghhggggjfhfjgÆgon0710MasterChief1176 6 votes
BEAST
2%
DiablosUltimate 1 vote
Patience
82%
adqqedfyvrSpeedbumpTheVyrusm3chan1cMagrailothosSiddhantKwatraHendrossCassyHammerbro_64kikiFurieuxLeoGnarleyardoRasiloverCharlie_SceneSinedd92MegaGalacticCainDenzel116jkcjmijiSupermanafficinadoEtjama 34 votes

Comments

• GoosemanGooseman Posts: 24
    edited September 2019
    I dont see that on the calender...
  • Patience
    Gooseman said:

Wait, is that whatever comming up?

So the AG is not a general one. It will be class specific to whatever you pulled.
  • Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    Patience
    The way you worded this sounds like you have a generic awakening gem, but I assume that from your wording you mean the one from the summoner appreciation calendar. I would never use a generic on either of those champs, and especially not beast. I would put a tech gem into sentinel if you get one, but even if you get mutant don't put it on beast. Can you clarify if you mean the one from the calendar?
    Hmm, ok...
    Yea I mean the one from the calender sorry 😅👍🏿 @Xyresic_Lemon
  • Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    Patience
    Gooseman said:

Yea I mean the one from the calender sorry 😅👍🏿 @Xyresic_Lemon

Are you aware that the gem is class-based and there's no guarantee that you get either of those classes? It isn't a generic gem
    Well, I guess that's good to know now 😅
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Patience
    Listen, Beast is under-rated, and if you had been unhappy about him being your first Awakened 5*, I'd happily have written notes about how he's not too bad, and gets better Awakened.

But seriously, don't even think about using an Awakening Gem on him, even if you get a mutant gem. He's not good enough to justify it.

• Patience
    Beast was my first awakened 5*
  • m3chan1cm3chan1c Posts: 25
    Patience
    Definitely wait for better champ. As mentioned above generic isn't worthy to use on any of this champ. It's one of the most rare items in game. One from calendar is random class. You can let us know later (it is in 3 weeks from now I think).
    @Magrailothos would you get able to tell me why beast is good, I understand that the tier list is dumb but I find his playstyle to be a little more tedious, especially unawakened, also sentenel was my first, beast was my second 5*
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Patience
    I don't want to overwhelm him. I was just willing to look on the positive side! Beast is utilitarian. He's not high damage, but he's very sustainable. Unfortunately that can be tedious; but he can get stuff done. He does get substantially better if he's Awakened, because his damage increases; but other mutants (say, Omega Red, Mister Sinister, etc) get a lot more out of their Sig abilities. So nice to have him Awakened, but I wouldn't use an Awakening Gem to achieve it.

On the positive:

He's got really good bleed resistance - reducing potency and duration by 65% means that he reduces the actual damage by 88%. Given that there are champs like Electra, X-23 and Claire Voyant who punish actual Immunity (plus Willpower means you often heal from bleed effects), his bleed resistance (like Omega Red's) is possibly better than being actually immune.

When you're on the offense (Acrobatic), he does pretty decent bleed damage.

When you're on the defensive (Freestyle), he has really impressive Critical damage resistance, and passively reduces the opponents Power Gain by 55%. Which is a lot!. It's definitely his most overlooked ability - just get one SP2, and you hardly have to face another Special Attack, from most champions.

If you can hold a long combo, his SP3 gets a solid damage increase. Improve this further using a good synergy with SIM or OGBP to give any champion +15% Attack with a not-very-long combo.

He doesn't rely on buffs; so no problems with nullifiers, or Masochism

Awakened, his Direct Damage let's him bypass any and all armour and resistances; or move to Freestyle for a surprisingly effective Regeneration. It may not seem like much, but it really does work.

He's a bit like Green Goblin - he does a lot of things; but there are other champs who do most of it better. On the other hand, there are a lot of champs with none of his abilities, who are a lot worse.

Hope you've got an OGBP for him. I'd certainly R2, but no further unless he gets (accidentally) Awakened.

Best of luck!
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Sentenel
    Gooseman said:

@Magrailothos would you get able to tell me why beast is good, I understand that the tier list is dumb but I find his playstyle to be a little more tedious, especially unawakened, also sentenel was my first, beast was my second 5*

I can speak to Beast’s usefulness. He was my first duped 4* and my first R4 4*. Unduped he’s pretty useless imo, but duped he gets way more damage on his freestyle stance, and his regen in the acrobatic stance is super nice. Plus with acrobatic you’re able to shut down opponent power gain, or at least highly mitigate it, similar to enervate debuff but just built in without the debuff. He’s the classic case of haveing a choice between damage output vs utility and regen. Quite fun to play when he’s high sig, then the damage isn’t bad and he’s highly sustainable :) but yeah unduped is awful
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Sentinel really doesn't Need his Sig Ability, it's a nice little bonus but he's still great without it. There are other Techs that would benefit a Lot more from it like Ghost, Darkhawk, Star Lord, ect.
    Interesting, so regardless of if I get a mutant ag or tech ag I should most likely save it for a better champ I'm getting at, also I really appreciate everyone's advice and thoughts! 😅👍🏿
    I honestly think, and this isnt just because I have him, that kabam should rework beast to receive his awakened ability as his normal ability and maybe add something small as his awakened ability because honestly his awakened ability seems more comic book accurate and it would probably help him out alot if his new awakened ability added on to what he had. Maybe just a suggestion is he ever gets a big rework @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Sentenel
    If you get a tech gem then sentinel is def worth it