**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bulwark and Changes to Armor Shattered

The current Bulwark defense tactic in alliance wars cause metal champs to be immune to Armor Break. With the recently announced change to Armor Shattered being its own debuff, how should we expect armor shattered abilities to interact with the node? Will metal champs also be immune to armor shattered? Or are they immune to armor break only?

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    FactorQ said:

The current Bulwark defense tactic in alliance wars cause metal champs to be immune to Armor Break. With the recently announced change to Armor Shattered being its own debuff, how should we expect armor shattered abilities to interact with the node? Will metal champs also be immune to armor shattered? Or are they immune to armor break only?

Shattered armor has always been its own buff, but it used to not count as armor break, then did, now not again.
  • Options
    FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Right, which is why I'm asking for clarification. Before, being armor-break immune automatically extended to being armor-shatter immune. Is Bulwark still intended to protect against both kinds of debuffs? or will it only protect against regular armor break now?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I would also like to ask how will armor shattered interact with "armor break immunity" nodes
  • Options
    Bulwark will continue to only affect Armor Breaks, though since Medusa's Armor Shattered will also have the properties of an Armor Break, it will still prevent her Armor Shattered Debuff.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Wait but they are 2 different debuffs now so they are not connected?
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

since Medusa's Armor Shattered will also have the properties of an Armor Break, it will still prevent her Armor Shattered Debuff.

So this will mean KM and IMIW won’t be able to generate armor ups while shattered?
  • Options

since Medusa's Armor Shattered will also have the properties of an Armor Break, it will still prevent her Armor Shattered Debuff.

So this will mean KM and IMIW won’t be able to generate armor ups while shattered?
    Not Killmonger since his armor is disabled while under the armor shattered debuff. But IW IM will still gain the armor up buffs, since armor shattered doesn't prevent those.
  • Options
    I assume that for Medusa, this "armor shattered = armor break" is a good thing on some scenarios (killmonger, ghost, emma), while a bad thing on others (armor break immunities).
    OML and Aarkus will still apply armor shattered since for them this isn't classified as an armor break as well
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Doesn’t matter. If it’s a separate debuff, it’s separate. They need to change the name for Aarkus and OML If they're gonna pick and choose who this applies to. It would make sense that Medusa can only GET armor shatter through Sp3 and not medium medium sp1... they can’t really be serious saying one person armor shatter counts and one doesn’t. 😂😂 This is just classic, they should have simplified it and called it something different now they just look completely inept.

🐻
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★

I assume that for Medusa, this "armor shattered = armor break" is a good thing on some scenarios (killmonger, ghost, emma), while a bad thing on others (armor break immunities).
    OML and Aarkus will still apply armor shattered since for them this isn't classified as an armor break as well

I keep seeing written that oml will apply armor shattered but i was in the beta and he just had a weak armor break on his sp1, no shatter, did i miss something with him?
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★

Bulwark will continue to only affect Armor Breaks, though since Medusa's Armor Shattered will also have the properties of an Armor Break, it will still prevent her Armor Shattered Debuff.

Does that really make sense to you? Not trying to be rude im just trying to understand...
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Ok, fair enough, medusa's new description as mentioned by miike states that armor shattered from medusa will have both the properties of armor shattered, and armor break. and since bulwark prevents armor break, that aspect of it will prevent medusa from armor shattering.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

They both have armor passives, not AU, who have build-in mechanic to be removed upon armor break. As armor shatter only prevents AU, armor passives still trigger.