**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Darkhawk: Flying high or flightless bird

Gday amigos just pulled a five star darkhawk and I’ve heard good things the only issue is u need to invest a lot into him is he worth trying to get awakened with a gem and chucking all the stones into? Any tips would also be appreciated thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    he is not top guy for anything but he is far from bad. great immunities, good power control, pretty good damage after sp3 or synergy and great synergies for GR,venom,Hawkye!
    overall a solid 7.5/ 10 if corvus /ghost is 10/10.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    From a guy who spent a lot of resources on his 4*: performance is mixed. Darkhawk is all about the modes. Being awakened and having skateman makes a great difference. If you're lucky, you start the fight with null mode and slice your opponent in pieces or stealth mode and have increased power gain so you can go to the SP3 quicker.

Sadly, without it, he's not that great. Yeah you've immunities, some armor penetration and good stats but no other way to jumpstart his damage or access utility. His heal block is at the SP3, he has no armor break, no power control, no AAR and no DoT debuffs (only the SP1 with null mode, which is a waste of energy). He has regen but only during switching modes, which cost too much energy to be chained (unless you screw up and get knocked down).

Darkhawk has a better performance as a defender. So only when awakened and having synergies, he performs well.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Needs awakening and high sig level, but once you have that he is a top tech in my opinion. As @Colonaut123 mentions, having Night Thrasher helps as well. I would add that a NT/DH/Venom team can be lethal.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Needs awakening and high sig level, but once you have that he is a top tech in my opinion. As @Colonaut123 mentions, having Night Thrasher helps as well. I would add that a NT/DH/Venom team can be lethal.

Dr. Zola

DH/GR/Blade is my AW strike team, but then no NT. DH needs opponents with large health pools so you can build-up to null mode. But AW doesn't allow you that much time. Without his high base stats, he would be trash.
  • Options
    MrGordo5150MrGordo5150 Posts: 20
    He also goes well with IMIW. I have him, IMIW and GR, all awakened, all high sig as my main Trinity. Nice if you don't have Blade and/or sparky
  • Options
    tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    I have 5/65 DH. He was one of the mvp for Variant 3. His damage in null node is really good. Varaint 3 bosses fell so quickly. Took down Rogue too. For bigger health pool, he is very good because once you get to sp3, the fight will be over very soon.
  • Options
    CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    If the NT/MN synergy was a prefight ability (like Stealth Spiderman) that allows to choose the starting mode, he would be a really good champ.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    He's a decent champ; but way better Awakened. The big damage comes after an SP3, and is worth investing a lot of Sig stones in (for a great damage boost post-SP3, and an up to 100% auto-block if you mess up and start getting smacked around).

He's not a game-changer, but has utility - double immune, armour penetration, regeneration, Invisibility, heal block; and (passive) defensive power reduction when invisible. Shield mode grants good damage and reduces critical damage suffered by 100%, if you're getting hit; and minor Electro-like shock damage if you're blocking attacks.

He's not necessarily best at anything; but he's a really useful champ to take in situations where you don't know what opponents/nodes you're facing; like the recent Labs event, or hidden opponents.
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    He is one of the best champs in the game, but he does require high sig (at least 100). I did a lot of v3 fights with him. here is one example:
    https://youtu.be/7uQWq1E2BuI
  • Options
    neilr3595neilr3595 Posts: 33
    He's my top champ and he is quite good especially in EQs. He is synergy dependent though. If you have night thrasher and venom/GR he's awesome.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

From a guy who spent a lot of resources on his 4*: performance is mixed. Darkhawk is all about the modes. Being awakened and having skateman makes a great difference. If you're lucky, you start the fight with null mode and slice your opponent in pieces or stealth mode and have increased power gain so you can go to the SP3 quicker.

Sadly, without it, he's not that great. Yeah you've immunities, some armor penetration and good stats but no other way to jumpstart his damage or access utility. His heal block is at the SP3, he has no armor break, no power control, no AAR and no DoT debuffs (only the SP1 with null mode, which is a waste of energy). He has regen but only during switching modes, which cost too much energy to be chained (unless you screw up and get knocked down).

Darkhawk has a better performance as a defender. So only when awakened and having synergies, he performs well.

He would be excellent choice for rogue on V3 as his sp3 has the longest heal block in the game