**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel Heavy [Under Investigation]

LightMagiciansLightMagicians Posts: 42
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Why is Archangel heavy sometimes bypassing Mordo astral evade?

Is this another bug? Can a moderator comment on this please?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• LightMagiciansLightMagicians Posts: 42
    edited August 2017
    Hmm... Can't seem to post the video. It keeps saying "File is not allowed"
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    I never noticed that ... But if it really happens then it will probably never get fixed. They still didn't fix the other champs that ignore astral evade
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I'd like to know why too. It only works sometimes though.
  • Fpaez87Fpaez87 Posts: 24
    It could be due to the neurotoxin debuff, or maybe due to some timing issue, like two immediate hits similar to drax medium attack...
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Mordo astral evade could be taken away by neurotoxin and it can sometimes be affected by pacify (though the chance is low).

Archangel heavy is also a double hit. If it strikes directly at the end of the wing spin it will do two hits in quick succession and might be bypassing it that way.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Can neurotoxin affect mordo since mordo is immune to ability accuracy reduction?
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    It sometimes works as the very first hit so it can't just be the debuff effect. I think it has to do with the double animation, at least when it works on the very first hit.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    It could be because his heavy is multi hit like drax which hits mordo before he can complete his evade. It only works sometimes because archangel's heavy hit speed depends on how close the opponent is
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Can neurotoxin affect mordo since mordo is immune to ability accuracy reduction?

Of course, in theory they are both immune to ability accuracy reduction; so who knows how those two immunities interact?
    NinjAlan wrote: »

Of course, in theory they are both immune to ability accuracy reduction; so who knows how those two immunities interact?

Archangel isn't immune now. His ability never worked since he was released.
    Anyway, neurotoxin shouldn't be doing anytyhing against astral evade. Maybe is the bug with double hit
    This is the video. Why does his heavy work only sometimes? https://youtu.be/fzEano2uYGU
    So after watching the video, the issue is the double hit.
    The reason it didn't worked sometimes was because there was more space between AA and Mordo. When it worked, the space between the two is smaller, so the double hit hits Mordo before astral evade kicked in.
    Either way, it is a bug.
    Any information on this? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Valkyrie
    Somebody... anybody!!
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Thanks for the info on this. I am going to take this to the team, and I'll let you know once I have an update for you.
    Thank you so much @Kabam Wolf
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I fought an AA in arena using mordo and he completely rekt me with the neurotoxins he's good for mordo..
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Neuro kills evade. Ability accuracy debuff
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Iceman's heavy attack also bypasses astral evade.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    When mordo is against the wall, mordo doesn’t evade far enough to avoid the second of arch angel’s heavy spin. When he’s not, he does. This is not a bug (unless the bug is mordo should never evade out of the heavy). If this gets “fixed” so that arch angel no longer bypasses the astral evade, I’m going to be ticked. He has had this ability ever since he was introduced.

As for iceman, his heavy doesn’t bypass it. It’s cold snap prevents evade.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's from the second hit, just like Drax. He was confirmed to be working as intended as sort of a counter to Mordo, and since they have added more counters to it I would not expect this to be changed.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Is this no longer a thing, and Arch Angel no longer bypasses astral evade with his heavy?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Is this no longer a thing, and Arch Angel no longer bypasses astral evade with his heavy?

This still works just fine. AA wrecks him.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Iceman's heavy attack also bypasses astral evade.

No, it is Coldsnap which prevents passive evades.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Weird, just went 0-3 against Mordo in AW.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    While yall at it. Can yall fix the connection issues?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Weird, just went 0-3 against Mordo in AW.

try moving a little closer to him but it definitely worked fine in AQ last week