**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If Namor is Nerfed......

MrChadRico_1MrChadRico_1 Posts: 91
edited September 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
She-Hulk was one thing, we swallowed it, even though it makes no sense to Nerf a character you recently buffed....

But Cull has half of my Gold 1 alliance talking about the big "Q" word. So I thought I would write you, Kabam; a sincere snip it of what we have talked about as a group.

So naturally as we have chatted in our allaince chat we have all made a unanimous decision to quit playing this game forever if you Nerf Namor. We may not be whales but we spend thousands on this game as a group and I am here to inform you that we have our limits to how many champs we will see nerfed before we quit playing this game.

Here is a list of reasons why what you are doing not only is harmful to the MCOC community but will also see your economic growth dwindle like so many other once popular games before it.

1) If a new champ is too over powered for your liking, create new counters in the form of nodes or characters to rebalance the game. Dont change a product you've already sold to make it less effective.

2) Spend more time testing these characters before releasing them. The last two months have seen some undesirable characters enter the contest, hence raising the question, why are you in such a hurry to release a new champion every two weeks when the champions you released a few months ago are not finished to your satisfaction?

2a) If your under staffed to put in the proper testing before a Champion is released, grant them to the content creators for more time to help you get the data you need to ensure they are correct.

3) Why are your virtual products allowed to be "rebalanced" ie "made worse" but other products sold in the physical world are not? For example if I buy a Chevrolet Corvette and six months later get my Corvette recalled for "rebalancing." Chevrolet isnt allowed to bring me out a Chevy Malibu with a crudely glued Corvette badge on the hood and tell me this is your new "rebalanced" Corvette. See where I'm going with this one?

4) The cause of your future economic problems are starting right now and if this continues will be the point you as a company can point to on a calendar and say "This is where it started to go downhill."

Let me provide the details of how this happens. As you nerf champions who players have gotten attached too, inevitably you will hurt their passion for playing the game. Some of those players will also inevitably quit playing. I'm sure the data also reflects players that have established accounts are where most of your revenue comes from. Someone who's been playing for years is more likely to spend money each month than someone who downloaded the game in the last month.

The players you will be losing by nerfing champions are not your new player base but rather your players who have invested thousands of dollars and hours into the game. The more of these "mid-level" spenders you lose the harder it will be to hit your revenue goals each month.

5) If this is all about money then make better offers to the mid level spenders. Why only 4th of July and Black Friday are the dates good deals are available? If your pocket books are really hurting so badly that you need to alter your product, your in very deep water. Look at countless failed businesses who decided to change their once popular product line to meet fiscal goals that are no longer in business. It's a recipe for disaster Kabam.

6) If you are constantly nerfing champions, it makes the game over all a much less fun experience. Part of the fun of this game is celebrating when you pull a very good champion. Now your telling us that a Champion that's good today may be trash tomorrow. It takes out alot of the desire to grind or gamble for new champions. This is an awful thing. Your basicly selling an unfinished product to us.

I could go on but honestly I'm so fatigued by all of Kabams recent changes and shady behavior I just cant continue to spend time writing this.

Please stop the nerfing Kabam!

Comments

• ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    I don’t think they care it’s not as if they haven’t done this many times before as I would say make it a free to play game. Then when they see the money going down they will learn and stop nerfing champs. Could have sworn this happened once even the big spenders stoped spending money and they made changes. Remember it’s all about the money for them and how much they can make. That means if the champ is doing to well in everything expect a nerf down the road. Also expect most new champs to have crazy stats they want you to spend and grind for them making them money.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I won't quit playing just yet but Kabam obviously doesn't believe that this is hurting them but they will see that profits will exponentially if they touch Namor. It might go down already with Cull Obsidian because we see where this is headed already.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Guys. Cull is and has obviously been too overpowered when it comes to dmg. Yes, his block prof sucks and his utility is limited... so I get why you guys think he needs to 1 shot everything but come on.... there’s so many champions. Nothing has even happened yet. I hate Kabam as much as the next guy but please wait before flipping out.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Pennmabob said:

wait what's the q word

4 letters, ends with it
    ManChild said:

Guys. Cull is and has obviously been too overpowered when it comes to dmg. Yes, his block prof sucks and his utility is limited... so I get why you guys think he needs to 1 shot everything but come on.... there’s so many champions. Nothing has even happened yet. I hate Kabam as much as the next guy but please wait before flipping out.

That's your problem. First you asking us to wait is asking us to trust Kabam who we all know has lied on multiple occasions including this one. Secondly we understand precedent, it is not actually about Cull Obsidian is about the other champions that are actually good and fun to play like Namor. If you believe Kabam and you have patience have at it but don't tell us to stop. I know of multiple whales including KT1 who are striking crystals. So our dollar will speak for itself.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

6) If you are constantly nerfing champions, it makes the game over all a much less fun experience. Part of the fun of this game is celebrating when you pull a very good champion. Now your telling us that a Champion that's good today may be trash tomorrow. It takes out alot of the desire to grind or gamble for new champions. This is an awful thing. Your basicly selling an unfinished product to us.

I could go on but honestly I'm so fatigued by all of Kabams recent changes and shady behavior I just cant continue to spend time writing this.

12.0 was the only time champs were ever truly nerfed. You want to confuse nerfing with either fixing a broken mechanic or balancing out a champion. You are way over re-acting with the Cull announcement with little to zero information at hand.

The only thing they said was they want to balance him while keeping him as a top damage dealer. If they balance him and he can still be one of the strongest in the game, there isn't anything wrong with that and it's not a nerf.

The fact is that you don't know what's going to happen. You don't know how they will re-balance and if he will be better, the same or worse. I have a R5 Cull, used a AG on him, and used 100 sig stones and all the rank up materials. Stop over re-acting.

12.0 was the only time champs were ever truly nerfed. You want to confuse nerfing with either fixing a broken mechanic or balancing out a champion. You are way over re-acting with the Cull announcement with little to zero information at hand.

The only thing they said was they want to balance him while keeping him as a top damage dealer. If they balance him and he can still be one of the strongest in the game, there isn't anything wrong with that and it's not a nerf.

The fact is that you don't know what's going to happen. You don't know how they will re-balance and if he will be better, the same or worse. I have a R5 Cull, used a AG on him, and used 100 sig stones and all the rank up materials. Stop over re-acting.
    Similar to the last dude you act as though we should trust Kabam on character changes. I bet you think the changes they made to Dr. Stange with just a fine tuning and not a nerf either lol.

If you're fine with the the changes and you want to softball it by not calling it a nerf than go ahead, but you complain just as much as others who do complain on the opposite side so I see you as no different. Cull Obsidian is not the actual complaint, he's not a good enough champion, for reasonable people we don't like where the game is headed and this is simply just me trying to save Kabams pocket books because that what they listen to.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Agreed, Kabam needs to read posts like these and actually listen to us as a community.
    edited September 2019

Similar to the last dude you act as though we should trust Kabam on character changes. I bet you think the changes they made to Dr. Stange with just a fine tuning and not a nerf either lol.

If you're fine with the the changes and you want to softball it by not calling it a nerf than go ahead, but you complain just as much as others who do complain on the opposite side so I see you as no different. Cull Obsidian is not the actual complaint, he's not a good enough champion, for reasonable people we don't like where the game is headed and this is simply just me trying to save Kabams pocket books because that what they listen to.
    Do you not read? Dr Strange was part of the 12.0 debacle where they nerfed Dr. Strange, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Thor. I litterally said it was the one true time they nerfed champions.

I'm fine with what I don't know. All I know is theses planned changes which they announced a few months ago are about balance. So ask yourself this about Namor... Is he as good on defense as he is on offense? The answer os no, he isnt. Hes the opposite of Maw who excels on defense. They plan to make Maw better on offense which if Namor is so one sided, you best bet they will look into making him more valuable on defense.

All you are doing is assuming they plan to nerf champions and that's not what they said they were doing at all. They laid their plans out and announced it to everyone. People like you choose to see things that arent there like assuming all they are doing is nerfing champs. We havent even seen or heard what the plans are for Human Torch and Annihilus. Cull and Maw are many months away and Namor even further if they decide to. Stop trying to create a problem where there currently isn't. Save some judgement for after Human Torch and Annihilus get their balancing done and build an opinion off that.

Stop calling the balancing plan nerfs. You have zero proof that's what it is.
    edited September 2019
    Bear3 said:

They are nerfs. They sold a product.. people bought a product... they thought product was too good to make other products imbalanced... they made a product not what they sold it as. Thus people aren’t getting what they paid for. That’s all that matters. Compensation is deserved and required. Give it a rest kabam isn’t gonna hire you. 😂

🐻

Its not anything yet. You dont even know what the change is. How can something be a nerf if it hasn't happened yet? What if they adjust his overall power and increase his survivability while still being a top damage dealer?
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Nah, you won't.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★

Bear3 said:

They are nerfs. They sold a product.. people bought a product... they thought product was too good to make other products imbalanced... they made a product not what they sold it as. Thus people aren’t getting what they paid for. That’s all that matters. Compensation is deserved and required. Give it a rest kabam isn’t gonna hire you. 😂

🐻

Its not anything yet. You dont even know what the change is. How can something be a nerf if it hasn't happened yet? What if they adjust his overall power and increase his survivability while still being a top damage dealer?
    As I continue to say, it doesn’t matter if they make him more survivable and leave him as A top damage dealer. It’s about people getting specifically WHAT they paid for. He may totally be Ana amazing champ still... might even be overall better!! I’m not close minded that this couldn’t be overall an improvement. Fact remains they’ve said already they are going to lower his damage and the damage he has currently IS what people paid for. Now if he’s still an amazing champ than people should wanna keep him ranked up and issuing rank down tickets causes no harm right?😉. However if they feel he’s less desirable they should have the option to rank him down. They are no longer in possession of the product they paid for in the condition they purchased it in.

🐻
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I have gotten 19 of the current 5* Featured Crystal. That’s an extra 95000 5* shards spent mainly for Cull (sig 40, R4) and Namor (sig 175, R5) along with AntMan and Wasp (who I have yet to pull). I’ve pulled Cull 2xs and put 20 sigs in. I only pulled Namor 1x so I used a gem and literally 174 sig stones.

So if they are nerfed, it’s fine with me, I just need 95000 5* shards, 1 Mutant gem and 200 sig stones (mainly generic). Oh, and RDTs in case they don’t do what I ranked them for. I don’t spend much but I did spend $30 on 4th of July for sig stones for Namor. I won’t ask for a refund if properly compensated.

Kabam can do this right or they can do it wrong. They’ve tried to do things wrong many times in the past and they community has come together and made them make it right. We will do it this time.

@Bear3 is right. Ppl complaining about the group coming together to force Kabam to make things right can say all they want, but they aren’t too smart
    Bear3 said:

Bear3 said:

🐻

As I continue to say, it doesn’t matter if they make him more survivable and leave him as A top damage dealer. It’s about people getting specifically WHAT they paid for. He may totally be Ana amazing champ still... might even be overall better!! I’m not close minded that this couldn’t be overall an improvement. Fact remains they’ve said already they are going to lower his damage and the damage he has currently IS what people paid for. Now if he’s still an amazing champ than people should wanna keep him ranked up and issuing rank down tickets causes no harm right?😉. However if they feel he’s less desirable they should have the option to rank him down. They are no longer in possession of the product they paid for in the condition they purchased it in.

🐻

Doesn't matter in reality. You don't own anything in this game.
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98

If he goes from 10k mediums to 7.5k mediums it’s still good but still a nerf there’s literally no other answer
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre, you're slippin' bro, there's a whole Cull thread just begging for your valued input.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    I just say personally to you kabam: who will buy your crystals with the definitif knowledge that they will be nerfed again in 3 month s? I wouldn't give a dime, before i know what i will get for my money.

Bear3 said:

Bear3 said:

🐻

🐻

You're not living in reality. If Kabam planned to make his survivabillty better they would've stated it. All they said is that he needs his damage toned down. That is a nerf, so basically I can read and that's my proof. All your deflecting isn't helping your argument around what they actually stated.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    At least 90% of the community is thinking about the q word nowadays

Bear3 said:

Bear3 said:

🐻

🐻

You're not living in reality. If Kabam planned to make his survivabillty better they would've stated it. All they said is that he needs his damage toned down. That is a nerf, so basically I can read and that's my proof. All your deflecting isn't helping your argument around what they actually stated.
    Actually it doesnt they are doing just that. Im not deflecting anything. If you read the post their goal is to keep him a top damage dealer. Isnt that really what you want? You're focusing on something that isnt even there yet.
    Who cares if he's still a top damage dealer, what's wrong with him being the best damage dealer? He needs to be because that's really all he has going for him, anything less nerf's the champion. It is clear you do not play at a high level at all with such an argument.