Summoners. We are aware of issues with Alliance Wars Enlistment/Matchmaking. We are exploring the cause of this issue and possible solutions.

1% mastery

ChovnerChovner Posts: 186 ★★
I'd love to have access to the 1% cheat death mastery to AI seems to have... I can't count the amount of times I've definitely killed the AI only to see them hang on by 1%... can't just be a coincidence.

Comments

  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 3,635 ★★★★★
    It’s a coincidence or you’re just fighting a champ who actually has chest death
  • LormifLormif Posts: 4,392 ★★★★★

    TwmR said:

    It's not a coincidence. It happens constantly. It's not a big deal and I don't really care, but to call it a coincidence is stupid.

    And to say something is definitely true without any evidence is incredibly intelligent
    There is a ton of evidence that the AI often is left with 1% health after what ought to be a killing blow. But whatever. Like I said it's not a big deal. They aren't left with sometimes 2%, Sometimes 3%. The 1% has gone way past coincidence, thus my post.
    health pools are large, 1% damage left can be 2-5k health. That is a lot of damage. It is a coincidence, it is a pattern you see because you are looking for it. It is a known phenomena, kinda like when you buy a new car then you see tons of the om on the road where before you did not.
  • INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 745 ★★★
    Defender has 99% chance to have 1% health 😂

    That happens in almost every single war fights
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 171
    I had 3 fights in a row end on 1% Two of which were sp and one even had a crit bleed on them which magically disappeared at 1% I see champs on 1% multiple times a day.
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 101
    Instead of standing there watching, why not just go in for the kill?
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 281
    They round the health percentages.
    Example: RoL winter soldier has a health pool of around 550k. When you start the fight his health bar is yellow, when you hit him, its now yellow with red on the right side. Still at 100%. 1% can range from anywhere between 1 and 7k
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,241 ★★★
    All the haters there is an old forum discussion with clear video evidence of a defender (with no related ability) tanking an l3 when they were already on 1% and still being on 1% after the l3. It was acknowledged by Kabam but radio silence by them ever since. At the time I was taking notice of many fights where hits were taking off 3-4% per hit then having the defender on 1% take 2 hits to kill. Like the op doesn’t really phase me and tbh I haven’t noticed it so much lately. But there clearly is/was something buggy going on for some people, highly likely it is mastery related and probably doesn’t affect everyone
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 876 ★★★
    Idk. If there is that “bug,” then why is the defender left with more than 1 health at the end? Plus the damage values stay the same. My interpretation, if this is actually a thing, is just they play a bit loose with the idea of 1%, but otherwise it seems fine
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 692 ★★★

    Basic math if you hit them once no matter how little damage they go to from 100 to 99% so that 1% goes to the last percentage.
    Ex: opponent has 10,000 health. 1% of that is 100. If you hit them for 1 damage they are at 9,999. They are no longer at full health so they cant be 100%. At the last 1% it is actually 2 percent because if they go below 100 health they go below 1% but not 0%. That's why you encounter the 1% alot.

    This is actually very accurate. S/he's completely correct on this.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 1,572 ★★★★

    It is a coincidence


  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 123
    edited September 15

    Basic math if you hit them once no matter how little damage they go to from 100 to 99% so that 1% goes to the last percentage.
    Ex: opponent has 10,000 health. 1% of that is 100. If you hit them for 1 damage they are at 9,999. They are no longer at full health so they cant be 100%. At the last 1% it is actually 2 percent because if they go below 100 health they go below 1% but not 0%. That's why you encounter the 1% alot.

    This is actually very accurate. S/he's completely correct on this.
    This is actually not accurate at all. Characters will have 100% health showing until they are damaged to either 99.49% or 99.00% health or lower. If you don't believe me. Take your worst 1 or 2 star and duel someone with salve active (I used Cowhale). You will do damage, they will start healing, and if you've used someone weak enough, his health will not dip below 100%.

    If it's the former, it would allow the last 1% of health to actually be a maximum of 1.49% of health which could actually explain why characters survive a 1% more often than not
  • SuperGoodSuperGood Posts: 74
    If you have to hit something again you should do that...
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 876 ★★★
    Ok random question: why can’t you just hit them again? If it’s an indestructible like Hela or Punisher, it’s annoying since it lasts a while, but what’s stopping you from adding an extra hit in? If it’s really just “1%” that should be 0%, even a blocked hit should do it.
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 65
    It’s a cheese method
    Can’t believe y’all arguing about this
    Lol
    Old news
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 3,635 ★★★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    It’s a coincidence or you’re just fighting a champ who actually has chest death

    Fighting a champ with tuberculosis should be pretty easy.
    They could pass it to you and kill you aswell though
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 818 ★★★
    edited September 17
    No one mentioned a possible implementation of a GUTS scaling system?
    For example, in Street Fighter, if Balrog hits his Special on an opponent with between 301 and 313 health, they'll die, but if they have 297-300 health they'll barely live.
Sign In or Register to comment.