**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mcoc with Sony PS4 controller

Since iOS 13 beta is out for iPhone users I was wandering if I can use my PS4 controller to play mcoc although it a lot easier with fingers. Just want to try something new.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    You can't play it that way. It is against the ToS
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Is due to the reason that it would be controlled by buttons and stuff, when it is intended to be controlled with fingers on a touch system.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I doubt they would encourage it but I also doubt they could actually “catch” you if you did. Idk I’ve used a crappy little controller thing that plugs into the phone to make it look sort of like a Switch tablet or PSV handheld, and I still have my account, but I don’t use it much at all because the ping from controller to device is bad. Like 0.2 seconds slower than tapping (that makes a big difference in hard content)

Edit: also I don’t think Mcoc supports IOS 13 yet, so be careful in that regard
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Is due to the reason that it would be controlled by buttons and stuff, when it is intended to be controlled with fingers on a touch system.

I understand the intention, but the TOS has to clarify that, and to be honest that type of rule would run afoul of the Americans With disabilities act type laws, When the device itself offers no way for this to be done outside of modding the device it is one thing, but once the device supports it then it opens and entire can of worms. Right now in the USA it is just about communications, but there are stronger protections in other areas.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I asked this question here about 2 years ago. Kabam moderators said that controllers were acceptable.
    Be careful not to use unacceptable software tho.
  • MerdsuperMerdsuper Posts: 107

I doubt they would encourage it but I also doubt they could actually “catch” you if you did. Idk I’ve used a crappy little controller thing that plugs into the phone to make it look sort of like a Switch tablet or PSV handheld, and I still have my account, but I don’t use it much at all because the ping from controller to device is bad. Like 0.2 seconds slower than tapping (that makes a big difference in hard content)

Edit: also I don’t think Mcoc supports IOS 13 yet, so be careful in that regard

Is there a risk of me getting banned
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Essentially, any program that can be used to modify the game files is against TOS. I'm unaware of which programs are included on that list, but generally, if a program modifies game controls, it's probably risky.
    Lormif said:

Essentially, any program that can be used to modify the game files is against TOS. I'm unaware of which programs are included on that list, but generally, if a program modifies game controls, it's probably risky.

using a ps4 controller with the support of IOS does not modify the game files, and in fact that is not even how emulators work.
    Perhaps, but Emulators have definitely been said to be banned.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    I don't get it, how would you swipe to dex?
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I know some folks who used an HDMI to connect their phone to the TV and play that way..they still have their accounts..I think since it doesn't change anything besides give you a bigger viewing screen
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

I don't get it, how would you swipe to dex?

Press left on the joy stick?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    how do you use a ps4 controller
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

*gasp*

Using Sony tech to play Marvel games?

Blasphemy.

😂

Warden out~

Best selling marvel game is exclusively on playstation.....
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

using a ps4 controller with the support of IOS does not modify the game files, and in fact that is not even how emulators work.
    yes, but what does that have to with this. You are accused of derailing threads, that is what you seem to be doing here. This is not an emulator, this is built in functionality of the new OS version.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    It looks like it connects to the phone via bluetooth, no emulators involved so should be ok but probably best to get 100% clarification from one of the mods
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    Any answers?
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

yes, but what does that have to with this. You are accused of derailing threads, that is what you seem to be doing here. This is not an emulator, this is built in functionality of the new OS version.
    Derail what? I said I don't know what's included and what isn't. I said their rule is nothing that can be used to modify the game files. You are the one who brought up Emulators, and said that's not what they do. I said I know for a fact that Emulators are not allowed. I would suggest waiting until they say it's allowed is all I meant. Not sure why you're getting derailing from that. Sorry, but you're coming off as argumentative here.