**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upgrade of Champs Confusion Explained. For Beginner to Mediocre level Summoners.

Hey Guys,

I don't work for Kabam, nor is this post to defend them in any way.

The sole intention of this post is targeted to help the new to mediocre level summoners.

When confused in upgrading your champs please understand that attack and utilities are 2 different things. There are A LOT of champions who are ranked up for their utilities and not their damage for eg

Void : debuffs, fear of Void (reverse regen, power gain etc.)
Blade : Regen, danger sense, bleed.
Warlock : Heal block, armor, bleed, poison, coldsnap, frostbite immunity
Iceman : Immunities
Ghost Rider : regen, bleed immunity, fate steel, power steel, nullify.
Killmonger : True Strike, Reverb, Bleed.

Above are only a very few examples to give you an idea of what utilities are (I can go on for days).

Kabam announced balance changes mainly in offensive and defensive abilities if the champ is under or over performing then intended (the damage dealt), not their utilities. So if you are confused if a champ should be ranked up or not based on his utilities, don't be confused. Only New champs Who have extremely high damage (more then intended) or under performing have potential changes lined up (which is for our good). I have attached the announcement and highlighted the attack, utilities part for reference also.

Feel free to ask questions.

WarHawk TAZ

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Utilities can be changed, it says existing kit, which can include utility numbers, for example they could make warlock’s infection shorter
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Personally I think the whole hesitation on Ranking is being blown out of proportion. Rank as per uge. That's my suggestion.
  • Options
    XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    edited September 2019
    @WarHawk_Taz_1 stated ...Can't help don't deviate topic kindly. Can't offer help ? Don't stop others. I don't get paid but am trying to be helpful.

The issue is your post pushing your perception of Kabam's announcement & stating it as a fact ...which is not very helpful to anyone.
  • Options
    XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    Conceptually you are not wrong when you are honestly & clearly stating your opinion, your feelings, your experiences , or your perception ... however "IMO" issues arise when posters overlook other people's feelings, experiences which may differ from their own ...personally I believe that the title of your post would likely put some readers on the offensive when you are labeling other players as "mediocre" ... secondly IMO your post would have been more helpful if you had just provided the Kabam excerpt & stated that your paraphrasing of the excerpt is what you believe to be true at the time but each player must considered that w/ this type of announcement Kabam is publicly restating that they reserve the right to make changes to content at their discretion therefore players should probably review their rank-up content carefully prior to investing lots of time or monies into newer content during the content probationary period... just my thoughts.

BTW; I apologize in advance if you were offended by my initial response... always peace & gaming ...excluding AW of course.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Utilities can be changed, it says existing kit, which can include utility numbers, for example they could make warlock’s infection shorter

If it's all about being negative so also consider :

250,000,000/1 falling coconut
    Coconuts apparently kill around 150 people every year. Falling from a height of 80 feet, they can build up an impact speed of 50 mph. So we better be careful
    Don't you think it's a little misleading to apply the number of deaths by coconut to the entire world? People living in Alaska are at virtually no risk...
  • Options
    Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    finally someone else that actually read the post. Any champs before Human Torch or Anhilus are not (for the time being) being looked at. And with more powerful champs being added its unlikely. What I see this post as is a level headed approach to easing concerns of players who might not have been playing very long who come to this forum as see all the immaturity over being "afraid to rank up champs as Kabam will just nerf them".
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

If it's all about being negative so also consider :

250,000,000/1 falling coconut
    Coconuts apparently kill around 150 people every year. Falling from a height of 80 feet, they can build up an impact speed of 50 mph. So we better be careful
    Apples to Oranges My dude
  • Options
    I am just saying , These Balancings of champions are going to feel alot like patch 12.0
  • Options
    Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244

I am just saying , These Balancings of champions are going to feel alot like patch 12.0

I respect that stance but disagree. Thor, Black Widow, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch all felt much different in their strength. The She-Hulk nerf didn't change her abilities per say just her animations which changed the way you do combos. As for Cull all anybody knows is his damage will be reduced we do no know how significantly but in the post (again if anyone bothered to read it fully) they want Cull to be one of the top damage dealers.

2 champs having changes and 1 we don't even know about fully is not even close to 12.0, funny how everyone ignores the fact that Anhilus, Human Torch who are both solid as well as Ebony Maw (who does need it) are all getting buffed.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Technically, there are three aspects: damage, utility and sustainability. A god tier champion has all three.

Blade has for instant high damage due to DS, bleed and crit, utility due to his AAR and sustainability due to his regen and debuff duration reduction.

Void has high damage due to his degen, utility due his debuffs and sustainability due to his health pool and fatigue.

Bad champions have only one or none. Although there are exceptions. SL is all damage but he is still considered a god. It is more a rule of thumb.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Numbers on those utilities can be tweaked. They are not protected from balancing. And that can make or break a utility. For example, if Void petrify go from 50% to 30%, he is nearly useless on the 45% Buffet node. Same utility according to your definition. But in actuality that utility is destroyed now.

For some things, potency is more important than utility as such. For some not at all. If Corvus' armor break gets a 20% reduction tomorrow, nobody will bat an eye. Him having access to armor break is more important than its potency.

Blade's AAR going down with 20%, that will matter.

I assume OP means by utility both access and potency.