**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gold/Donation Advice for Developing Player

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
My power rating is 100K, level 52.

I've recently gravitated from an alliance doing map 3 to one doing map 5, and I'm happy to say my champs and skill level are up to the task. However, as a developing player, the donation requirements came as something of a shock - to say the least.

After March's gold realm, I had over 2M gold. Just ranking up champs using the ISO I earned questing, I've already reduced that to around 400K. As I now need to also donate 134K gold every week, I don't need a calculator to realise I'll be flat broke very soon.

Common sense tells me that other players are achieving this just fine, so I feel I must be missing some aspects of the game which would make this achievable (this is not a troll post, by the way, I played solo for a long time, I've still got a lot to learn).

I've heard that arena is good for earning gold, but after dabbling in the basic champ arena this week, I was losing gold at 400 per match. There may be some story maps I can grind for gold? I've heard that some people just sell all of their generic ISO, but this is going to grind my progression to a halt.

Genuinely, any advice would be helpful. The only other option is to buy gold crystals, I REALLY hope that isn't the answer as you get so little value for those.

Final question, are the rewards worth it for map 5? Is this a mountain I simply have to climb if I'm to progress in the game?

Comments

• Options
    DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    Arena will give you battle chips which will provide gold from the crystals. You will also get gold back from completing map 5. If you want to progress in the game without having to buy rank up materials map 5 is required I'm afraid.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I really appreciate the advice. Which arena is the best value for grinding? The basic champ or catalyst clash?
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I really appreciate the advice. Which arena is the best value for grinding? The basic champ or catalyst clash?

Basic and featured both works fine. You won't lose gold for arena grinding don't worry. Also you mention that your alliance is doing Map 5. Are they completing all 3 BGs? If that is the case you should be getting back some resources after every completion no?
  • Options
    134k donations per week for map 5 seems like a bit much....admittedly my alliance runs 1 bg for map 5, 1 for map 4 & one map 3, but even if you're doing map 5 with all 3 bgs every day that seems a bit steep
  • Options
    loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    130k gold, 29.5 k BC and 12.5 loyalty is about right. We do map 5 all 3 and complete them. In order to keep that going and factoring in some people ranking up and missing a donation here and there than it's about right.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    The basic arena helps with battlechips. If you are in desperate need of any kind of gold, the 3* arena might be worth suffering through (since they took away the search match fee)