**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 5 Ultron Boss

I'm fighting Ultron with corvus. When he has the armor up buff showing I parry him. It gives me the armor break but its sending him straight into powergain. Is this suppose to happen?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Jeps for ever debuff you giv him ther is a node ther giv that you can se with one it wil be.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    Gamer said:

Jeps for ever debuff you giv him ther is a node ther giv that you can se with one it wil be.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to be careful when hes got the armor buff up not to parry.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to be careful when hes got the armor buff up not to parry.
    You hav to read the node. One him before going in to the figth you wil learned a lot from that’s
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

You hav to read the node. One him before going in to the figth you wil learned a lot from that’s
    No I understand that. The greyed out buff that's on the timer. That's when I got the powergain. It was showing the armor up buff as the nxt buff coming. So I parried him bc I didnt care about him getting armor buff bc ut was just gonna be turned into armor break. That's when he powergained. The powergain buff wasnt up to happen.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The thing with Armour Break on Parties is that it counts as two separate debuffs, so the armour break occurs removing the armour up, but the stun from parry then triggers the next immediate buff to start which in your case was the power gain.
    ItsDamien said:

The thing with Armour Break on Parties is that it counts as two separate debuffs, so the armour break occurs removing the armour up, but the stun from parry then triggers the next immediate buff to start which in your case was the power gain.

Yeah but any other time I parry i get the armor break and parry and only activates the one buff that shows. Unless they count th armor break as the armor up buff being immediately removed an county the parry for the next buff as you said. Which I dnt see how they could do that.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Yeah but any other time I parry i get the armor break and parry and only activates the one buff that shows. Unless they count th armor break as the armor up buff being immediately removed an county the parry for the next buff as you said. Which I dnt see how they could do that.
    That's exactly how it works, the armour buff is removed because you broke it, so there's no buff. The parry stun then triggers the next buff to start.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you have Void duped he will demolish Ultron. I beat him with a 4/40 Void and just parried when he had power gain or regen and his health zoomed down

If you have Void duped he will demolish Ultron. I beat him with a 4/40 Void and just parried when he had power gain or regen and his health zoomed down

I have void. Unfortunately not duped. Maybe I'll pull science AG from calender to use on him.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I have 2 lines left in 5.4.6 and I do all I can to not trigger power gain against him.

Power gain can equal deaths some instances. But as everyone says just study the buffs coming up, take your time and you’ll be alright.
  • NeofrackNeofrack Posts: 41
    in my personal opinion, void is better not duped in the term of reverse healing and power, as long as you got despair mastery fully maxed out
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Jridenhour_3 Loki can beat him. Also Medusa and Blade with danger sense. Probably other good options now also but those three work well.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Play him stun immune.
    @Neofrack I only got one point in despair. @LeNoirFaineant I've tried Loki unsuccessfully. And dnt have blade or medusa. I've got a 6* ST tht I'm gonna try with synergy from BPCW. On top of having corvus. And @ManChild I'm not skilled enough to totally play tht fight stun immune.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    It’s tough I know.
  • NeofrackNeofrack Posts: 41
    @Jridenhour_3 haha, i did my first completion of act 5.4 ultron boss with blade with GR syn, but it feels really RNG for me and cost a lot of units, so i switch champion for exploration, tried many different options including medusa and loki, but you know what i finally choose ? Corvus, he works fantastic for me, i used him with proxima syn cause what frustated me the most is mainly ultron's evade, i rarely did parry to avoid that clown fiesta power gain, so what i did was bait heavy and 4 hit into ultron's block and dex until he has enough power for sp1, since i've got true strike, he wont ever evade when i hit into his block, so its safe.
    Neofrack said:

@Jridenhour_3 haha, i did my first completion of act 5.4 ultron boss with blade with GR syn, but it feels really RNG for me and cost a lot of units, so i switch champion for exploration, tried many different options including medusa and loki, but you know what i finally choose ? Corvus, he works fantastic for me, i used him with proxima syn cause what frustated me the most is mainly ultron's evade, i rarely did parry to avoid that clown fiesta power gain, so what i did was bait heavy and 4 hit into ultron's block and dex until he has enough power for sp1, since i've got true strike, he wont ever evade when i hit into his block, so its safe.

I seen that synergy and been praying to pull proxima. Bc as you said tht damn evade is what usually gets me. Feel if I can pull her I'll b able to get thru it without a ton of issues.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Neofrack said:

in my personal opinion, void is better not duped in the term of reverse healing and power, as long as you got despair mastery fully maxed out

Not at all. After 5 seconds all the debuffs expire. They don’t stick. His sig is what let’s the effects last.