**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is suicide masteries worth?

PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
This is my current roster. I've been using seatin's mastery for over a year. But I'm wondering if suicide masteries will benefit me more. I don't grind a lot of arena. Any advice would be appreciated

Is suicide masteries worth? 75 votes

Go for it!
52%
Vdh2008RazorDevilBENJI830Darth_StewieErkSaransh245TaZ_4178İlyaz3003Stagedear85Evans_Primeblak_mambaMarkg25Tony886OnesuavebrolukakaEtjamaDead1Midnite93Dwhalen8554Kingpinamos 39 votes
It's not worth it
48%
GamerBigPoppaCBONEDeeparviSpity68Adrian920307TrektFoxhero007BboychoboLvernon15NiteAndDaeMy_SuperiorBahamutXxLoganTDCxXWabobaThi101otranksoiRetr0crystaldsmithKhanna13Meebleton 36 votes

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    It's not worth it
    Other than Omega, I don't see a lot of champions who work that we'll with suicides.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    It's not worth it
    Not enough champ for it to be worth it. So don’t
  • Not too many suicides friendly champs so I'd pass for now.

In general...

Suicides are a must for active arena grinders and depending on the champ being used (one that doesn't rely on specials like Void and others), very useful in Alliance War since fights end much quicker and lower chances of any mistakes.

Downside to suicides are obviously recoil and having to turn them off when placing defense in AW.
  • Saransh245Saransh245 Posts: 152
    Go for it!
    Yoir current roster won't benefit much from suicides. But you do have omega and cmm. They are amazingly suicides friendly. I think every player should unlock suicides at some point. Cause there are many champs ex- ghost, corvus that benefit crazily from them. It's like having a 60% attack boost always at your expense.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    It's not worth it
    Try this setup and forget suicides m8

• MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    It's not worth it
    Soon act6 100% on this setup. Thx for your atencion 🤪
  • Also, for anyone wanting to invest in suicides, don't spec any mastery points into them until you have enough units to unlock the real suicide masteries (Liquid Courage or Double Edge), preferably both.

LC/DE are the real damage dealers and running Glass Cannon and Recoil by itself has many drawbacks and little benefits.

In terms of what order to invest in, unless you have a ton of poison immunes on your roster, it's generally better to invest in Double Edge first because the poison effect of LC reduces healing by 30% and you'd want to put 3 pts into DE first before moving onto LC.

Side note: when you have both DE and LC unlocked, the order you spec points matters when you go up against Arch Angel because if you have Liquid Courage speced first before Double Edge, you start the fight neuroed. This was the case a long time ago, and not sure if it's still the case today.

In general, initial investment into Suicides (Glass Cannon, Recoil, Double Edge, Liquid Courage) is a big balancing act.

You want to gain enough of a positive benefit from DE/LC where it overrides the giant negatives of Recoil and deciding between DE and LC (or both) is a balancing act too, because each comes with a debuff that you need to think about.

For example, you don't want to put 1 point into DE and 1 into LC because you suffer 2 debuffs and you only gain 20% extra attack. If you put 2 points into 1 mastery isntead, you gain 20% but only suffer 1 debuff. That's why it's better to put 3 into either one before moving onto the next.
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    Go for it!
    @SettlersofCatan Bleed is now always applied first then the poison. It's fixed for some time now for the exact reason you mentioned (also the reason why NF synergy eats the bleed 100% of the time and never the poison).

On to our topic as SettlersofCatan already mentioned go suicides when you have all the pieces of the puzzle ready (definitely don't go recoil before you can get at least one of the two (LC or DE) maxed out).

Now about your roster the only one that is full suicide friendly is omega red then you have some that in my opinion do fine with them (caiw, medusa, domino, quake, cmm) and a few that are terrible with them (masacre, void, sparky) so it feels things are pretty divided.

In general unlocking suicides and trying them is a solid investment for you and your account if you get this game seriously. You get to explore a different kind of game and decide on your own what feels better for you and you have the option to swap to them whenever you pull those insane suicide friendly champs. On the downside it is a big unit drain if you won't use them much.