**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    Kabam, can you tell me the difference betwAnd i
    Miike please just stop saying they are just as valuable. This really is a slap in the face to everyone that has grinded for said 4*s. You stated this is progression in the game, yes 100% true 6*s would be but now our 4*s have become what we are used to as 3*s. So they are definitely devalued. I haven't used a 3* in 2 years now, the same will happen with 4*s we will eventually no longer use them. Knowing that their timeline has been cut even shorter definitely devalues them to the player base who either paid for them through unit recharges or crystals or grinded for them with time.

What is the reason we need more powerful characters? Thats my question, we haven't even maxed out a 5* so why do we need more powerful champs? Why not release SW, Thor, WW2Cap and bring back DR instead of releasing 6*s? Really doesn't make a lot of sense except Kabam wants big money spenders to just spend more money. I really just don't understand who does the marketing and planning at Kabam, they constantly miss the dart board and to be honest could've probably made 2 to 3x as much if it was run correctly.
  • Options
    It's kind of a kick in the face to work so hard on all these 4* then grind just to get 5* to be told we will make it easier for those after you and you get nothing for the time you put in. I agree with there should be a release of rank down tickets. There should be some for both 4* and 5* because let's face it almost every 2-4* will be obsolete in the new combat system against a 6*
  • Options
    PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    edited August 2017
    Repeating the same **** and sticking a 6* on it doesn't make it enjoyable kabam. The game has become boring, the content is repetitive you have lost creativity and gone we will just rinse and repeat. I can tell you your 'dedicated and long term players' many of which have financed many kabam children through college are waiting to see what this actually means but are in the main ready to walk away as progress is rewarded by them funding later players who will progress faster and cheaper than they did but will continually bleat about champs being overpowered and needing a nerf because they can't play the game due to the ease of champ progression they have achieved. You haven't said you will triple the inventory capacity for items which we will need definately, nor that you will reduce the cost of items or 3 and 4* crystals as they are now worth so much less, you haven't really explained how non dup 6* shards will come from but we are guessing they will be as slow as 5* now but none of us are really seriously thinking of spending 2000 units on the new phc crystal to just get the same number of 1* we used to from the current phc crystals but now they are 3*. Do we look that stupid? There was much more interesting things you could have done rather than this nonsense and if your creative team can't hack it do what other products do and ask your players to tell you and we'll get a better creation than what you have put up
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    @DNA3000
    The game isn't as static as you make it out to be in your scenarios.

On the one hand, you contend that 4* arenas will still be a major attraction because there will be droves of players who will knock themselves out for 4* featured and basic champs.

And on the other hand, you note that players are getting 5*'s now faster than players ever did previously--and, given Miike's statements, will get them even faster going forward.

In a game with story quests evolving toward 5* content and with 5* shards more available and necessary--and with 6* opponents on the horizon--I don't think you can credibly say that the 4* will be anything other than an afterthought in short measure. Sure, if you haven't beaten Kang or Thanos, then maybe the 4* is your ticket. But those guys aren't putting up 17M for 4* champs, not to mention putting up cash for 4* featured crystals.

Dr. Zola

I said nothing of the kind. I said nothing regarding the static nature of the game, I did not say arenas would still be "a major attraction" because "there will be droves of players who will knock themselves out for 4* featured and basic champs." I said that a) if some people stop grinding for the basic or featured champion there are thousands of players that will still do so. That's all but a fact for the reason I specified: there are currently over a hundred thousand players that enter and grind the basic arena that have no chance at the basic cutoff. You seem to be implying that 6* champions are going to devalue the basic and featured champ so much that no one will want to play the arenas anymore except "as an afterthought." But a lot of people do right now where the current value of those champions is zero because they have no hope of getting them. How is a lower value for the basic champion going to change that?

And as long as that many players are grinding in the arena, *some* of them will decide to put in the little extra effort to be in the top 10% and get the champion. And others will try to outgrind them. And where that stabilizes does depend on how valuable the champion is perceived to be: that is why the scores are higher or lower for different champions.

But it is illogical to assume that the arenas are going to be "an afterthought" when they are not an afterthought even when the champion is a low value repeat basic champion. People *still* grind for them. Just less. But still thousands of players do.

It is a fact that thousands still grind for 3* champs. Heck, I still do when they are new champs. That's even though 5* champions are far superior and I honestly don't use them for a lot myself. 4* champions are unlikely to become any less when 6* champs are released than 3* champions are now. That's the absolute floor. And since the other rewards besides the actual rank champ are far better for the basic and featured arenas, the value proposition dictates that the basic and featured arenas will likely draw more attention and more activity next year than the 3* arena draws now.

But even if I'm completely wrong in all of that, and I don't think I am, that *still* doesn't invalidate my original comment, which I am quoting here in full:
    Not to be flippant, but anyone that doesn't want them can stop grinding for them. There are literally hundreds of thousands of other players that will be more than happy to get them if others don't want them. There's no shortage of players putting up big numbers for new featured and basic champions.

This is a true statement on its face. There are lots of players that will be perfectly happy to get those champions if the top grinders are no longer interested in expending a lot of effort to get them. If you eliminate the top grinders, even if you eliminate the entire top 10% of grinders, there is still the 90% of the rest of the playerbase that could not get them before, and will be perfectly happy now that those champions cutoff scores drop to become within their reach. That is true regardless of how valuable 6* champions are, because the vast majority of players are not in a position where getting 6* champions is or will be an option. It doesn't matter how much better 6* champions are than 4* champions to players that can't earn them quickly or at all.

There are at least 1.3 million active players in the game based on the button pressing stats. There are at least 130,000 arena grinders that can make at least the rank reward level in the basic arena. My guess is more than half of those are unlikely to be earning more than one 5* per month. In a game where everyone's earning rate is quadrupled over time, those players will still likely take over a year to earn their first 6* champion. You're saying those players are going to decide not to bother shooting for a 4* champion they don't have and 5* shards they could use in the arena because a 6* champion they will likely first get their hands on in 2019 makes those champions irrelevant.

I must respectfully disagree.
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    DD2 wrote: »
    Kabam, can you tell me the difference between a 3*, 4*, 5*, and 6* Ultron? Why are we having our rosters defiled arbitrarily so we can rank up the same version of the champ we just had defiled?

They are not being defiled. They are just as valuable as they have always been, but now there will be another version that is more powerful that will give you an advantage in later content that is more difficult (way down the line), or current content that is tuned for current rosters.
    Why not just implement a character shard system in the first place?
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    PlasmaKing wrote: »
    Repeating the same **** and sticking a 6* on it doesn't make it enjoyable kabam. The game has become boring, the content is repetitive you have lost creativity and gone we will just rinse and repeat. I can tell you your 'dedicated and long term players' many of which have financed many kabam children through college are waiting to see what this actually means but are in the main ready to walk away as progress is rewarded by them funding later players who will progress faster and cheaper than they did but will continually bleat about champs being overpowered and needing a nerf because they can't play the game due to the ease of champ progression they have achieved. You haven't said you will triple the inventory capacity for items which we will need definately, nor that you will reduce the cost of items or 3 and 4* crystals as they are now worth so much less, you haven't really explained how non dup 6* shards will come from but we are guessing they will be as slow as 5* now but none of us are really seriously thinking of spending 2000 units on the new phc crystal to just get the same number of 1* we used to from the current phc crystals but now they are 3*. Do we look that stupid? There was much more interesting things you could have done rather than this nonsense and if your creative team can't hack it do what other products do and ask your players to tell you and we'll get a better creation than what you have put up

^What he said!
  • Options
    At 2/5 for a 5* and 4/5 for a 4*, you need several tier 2 cc. Those are hard to get without riding the coattails of people in a huge alliance. I hate to see what we will need to even upgrade 6* even once. 10 t4cc? Useless to those not mooching off others or paying a water bills worth of $ for one t4cc.
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Trust me when I say, there will be 7* coming 1.5/2 years after 6*'s are released.

You say that like anyone is trying to argue the reverse. Not even Kabam would disclaim that - I suspect they would say "we currently have no plans" which is the usual game developer non-statement, but off the record I'm sure the devs know that if the game lasts long enough there will eventually be a 7* and an 8* and a 9* champion. And if not that literally, a conceptual analog to that.

I hope the lesson you learned was not that Kabam is especially wrong about this. I hope the lesson you learned is all progressional games are like this. Be careful about all of them, not just the ones Kabam makes. WoW players have had Blizzard set fire to their end game loot at least four separate times. I honestly hope that players do not spend money on things that will disappoint them, and if you believe you are buying a permanent value thing in any online game please think twice.

I've met game developers, I've been friends with game developers, I am reasonably certain that most or all of the Kabam developers would rather people not spend money on the game unless that's what they really want to do and know what they are getting out of it. The devs don't get a cut of the merch. As long as the game makes money, they don't care how much money. They don't need to squeeze every last dollar out of every last player. This is not the first time MCOC has reduced the relative value of an in-game item. This will not be the last time. The game devs probably can't post this directly, but I'm sure most of them would say don't spend if you think you are getting something permanent. They don't want you to believe you wasted your money.

Maybe not the monetization guy. But everyone else.

you lost all credibility in saying they dont care how much money they make. REALLY? bro, last time i checked money makes the world go round. They absolutely want to squeeze every dollar you have out of you, and so does every other company in existence that is a for-profit business. Sure you will have companies that focus on extra humanitarian efforts, but how do you think they fund those things, with revenues generated from consumer sales.

For example, an easy theory to obtain from kabam is that, if there is a bug that affects players into spending more moeny, we seem to have a hard time getting a fix for. If there is a bug that helps the player base in some way ie. inflated pi values ill be damned if that bug is not fixed within hours.

To further my point, i guarantee you when the money guys at kabam see a dip in profits they arent just saying oh well, they are investigating within the teams of people that work for them ie. the dev team etc.. , maybe someone is even replaced, if that isnt motivation for an employee to maximize the companies profits then they prob wont have a job long.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    No rank down tickets please. Kabam we dont need that. People will just rank 4 all the feature 5 stars and this will debalance the game!

I hate to say it but for probably the first time, I agree with you.

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I would really like to see T4cc made more available for solo and low tier alliance players.

And no to increasing the item cap.
  • Options
    phillgreen wrote: »
    No rank down tickets please. Kabam we dont need that. People will just rank 4 all the feature 5 stars and this will debalance the game!

I don't see how the suggested 4* derank tickets would allow that...
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    vrto wrote: »

4 stars rank down tickets i am ok with. Indeed it will be a good treat.

I dont agree with 5 stars rank down tickets
  • Options
    FlazinatorFlazinator Posts: 126
    So with the introduction of 6 stars do that mean the amount of health we gain from aq pots/revives will be increased to match the growing health of these new champs?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Flazinator wrote: »
    So with the introduction of 6 stars do that mean the amount of health we gain from aq pots/revives will be increased to match the growing health of these new champs?

No mate. You will need to use rank 4 5 stars unless you want to use lots of items
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Trust me when I say, there will be 7* coming 1.5/2 years after 6*'s are released.

You say that like anyone is trying to argue the reverse. Not even Kabam would disclaim that - I suspect they would say "we currently have no plans" which is the usual game developer non-statement, but off the record I'm sure the devs know that if the game lasts long enough there will eventually be a 7* and an 8* and a 9* champion. And if not that literally, a conceptual analog to that.

I hope the lesson you learned was not that Kabam is especially wrong about this. I hope the lesson you learned is all progressional games are like this. Be careful about all of them, not just the ones Kabam makes. WoW players have had Blizzard set fire to their end game loot at least four separate times. I honestly hope that players do not spend money on things that will disappoint them, and if you believe you are buying a permanent value thing in any online game please think twice.

I've met game developers, I've been friends with game developers, I am reasonably certain that most or all of the Kabam developers would rather people not spend money on the game unless that's what they really want to do and know what they are getting out of it. The devs don't get a cut of the merch. As long as the game makes money, they don't care how much money. They don't need to squeeze every last dollar out of every last player. This is not the first time MCOC has reduced the relative value of an in-game item. This will not be the last time. The game devs probably can't post this directly, but I'm sure most of them would say don't spend if you think you are getting something permanent. They don't want you to believe you wasted your money.

Maybe not the monetization guy. But everyone else.

you lost all credibility in saying they dont care how much money they make. REALLY? bro, last time i checked money makes the world go round. They absolutely want to squeeze every dollar you have out of you, and so does every other company in existence that is a for-profit business. Sure you will have companies that focus on extra humanitarian efforts, but how do you think they fund those things, with revenues generated from consumer sales.

I run a business. I'm a business owner of a for-profit business. I'm aware there exist businesses that prioritize squeezing every last penny out of their customers. We call them "revenue stream-focused consultants" in my field. But rarely if ever does that attitude extend to the rank and file employees of the company.

If my post causes me to lose credibility with you, that's unfortunate. I'm actually someone that believes in credibility. However, I value integrity more that credibility. Knowing it costs credibility doesn't change my opinions.
    For example, an easy theory to obtain from kabam is that, if there is a bug that affects players into spending more moeny, we seem to have a hard time getting a fix for. If there is a bug that helps the player base in some way ie. inflated pi values ill be damned if that bug is not fixed within hours.

As to your statement about "profitable bugs" that's a different topic, one I've addressed before, and suffice to say a lot of people state this as if it is obviously true, but when the rubber meets the road they can't actually demonstrate it objectively. In fact, recently there was a small kerfuffle about the devs fixing UC in LoL after a long time being broken in the players' favor. The problem is that when the devs do eventually fix a bug that operates in the players' favor, they people complain that since it has persisted for a while they shouldn't change it at all.
    To further my point, i guarantee you when the money guys at kabam see a dip in profits they arent just saying oh well, they are investigating within the teams of people that work for them ie. the dev team etc.. , maybe someone is even replaced, if that isnt motivation for an employee to maximize the companies profits then they prob wont have a job long.

That would be an interesting point, if I was inclined to disagree. The "money guys" job is to maximize profits within certain parameters. It is their job to focus on the money. So of course they care how much money the company makes. But I guarantee you exactly zero of them are game developers in the normal sense of that description, with one exception: the developers who specialize in monetization design. Who I explicitly mentioned as an exception.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    vrto wrote: »

4 stars rank down tickets i am ok with. Indeed it will be a good treat.

I dont agree with 5 stars rank down tickets

4 star RDTs are what I want to see.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Flazinator wrote: »

This. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. Flat HP potions are a horrible idea. Why can't you convert pots into % hp like every other game? 250 and 1650 pots helps nobody. It should be more along the lines of:

L1 pot - 5% L1 revive - 10%
    L2 pot - 10% L2 revive - 25%
    L3 pot - 15% L3 revive - 40%
    L4 pot - 20% L4 revive - 60%
    L5 pot - 25% L5 revive - 75%
    L6 pot - 50% (future release) L6 revive - 100%

I mean, maybe not those exact figures, but something like this should be implemented.
  • Options
    WarBros23WarBros23 Posts: 73
    Please can anyone specify how 4 stars will be more accessible, I started 1 and a half months ago and have 2 4 stars. I would like to know more about how we can get 4 stars easier after this update. I would definitely like to advance my account.
  • Options
    EFloFoShoEFloFoSho Posts: 4
    So I have been following this since the announcement and I'm yet to read the actual costs to rank up a 6* from rank 1 to 2. It might not be known as of now or too early to release the info but it would be nice to know what is going to be needed so we can make educated decisions about what we should currently rank up. 5 months is a long time to sit on all of our resources and people want to keep progressing their rosters for the current content.

So my question is... what resources will be needed to rank a 6* from rank 1 to rank 2?
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    EFloFoSho wrote: »
    So I have been following this since the announcement and I'm yet to read the actual costs to rank up a 6* from rank 1 to 2. It might not be known as of now or too early to release the info but it would be nice to know what is going to be needed so we can make educated decisions about what we should currently rank up. 5 months is a long time to sit on all of our resources and people want to keep progressing their rosters for the current content.

So my question is... what resources will be needed to rank a 6* from rank 1 to rank 2?

T8bs and T9ccs both of which are earnable from bases which is coming soon.
  • Options
    SignumSignum Posts: 133
    I just want to say, I think the release of 6 star heros is too soon. The average player is finally getting a decent 5 star roster...and by decent I mean 2 or 3 good ones. Why add a new level of heros. I think the gameplay is what needs changing. AQ and AW are stale, can we get some innovative new game mode instead?
  • Options
    Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 84
    I'm still for rank up tickets...from 4* to 5*...
  • Options
    WarBros23WarBros23 Posts: 73
    Please can someone explain how 4 stars will be more accessible because I am a beginner want to try to get 4 stars???
  • Options
    Magus OGMagus OG Posts: 7
    Kabam, you have entirely lost the plot. Give us base wars or something innovative, slapping on another star to a champ is just pure laziness and a money grab. Agree completely with Big Bient. Listen to what he has written... many of us will leave on the release of 6 stars.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    WarBros23 wrote: »
    Please can someone explain how 4 stars will be more accessible because I am a beginner want to try to get 4 stars???

They have been starting to add more 4*/5* shards as rewards for Event quests, and are likely to continue having shards of some kind on the monthly calendars. So shard acquisition rate should increase over time, leading to more 4* champs.