**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hyperion

JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
If you are going to keep Hyperion with a ridiculous amount of power gain, at least make him fight instead of hiding behind block the entire match and using nothing but L3 specials. Fighting 15k Hyperions in act 5 that does nothing but hide behind block in very much a cheap shot bordering on a cheat on the part of the game. I guess its a coincidence that the 2 champs that wouldve dealt with this easily got nerfed.

Comments

• Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Then is your fault for not knowing how to fight hyperion.
    You can bait his specials easily. You can power lock/drain him, you can nullify, etc

Agree. So many options in the game, Hyperion is not a headache, unless you dont know how to use play against him
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    You can bait his specials easily. You can power lock/drain him, you can nullify, etc

First you dont know me. 2nd, you dont know what champs I own or dont own. 3rd, if AI wants you to die, all the baiting in the world will not make him use his special.

When you create a thread like this one I obviously know that you don't know how to fight Hyperion.
    He doesn't need a nerf. You just need to learn how to bait his specials
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Hyperion power gain is ridiculous. Doctor strange was nerfed because of this. The cycle will complete itself, we will get a hyperion change because we need it badly.

A good solution for this is to stop his power gain at special 2 and make him earn his special 3 thru regular hits.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Hyperion power gain is ridiculous. Doctor strange was nerfed because of this. The cycle will complete itself, we will get a hyperion change because we need it badly.

A good solution for this is to stop his power gain at special 2 and make him earn his special 3 thru regular hits.

Dr. Strange power gain is different. He was nerfed due to that and because he had a good lifesteal.
    But I agree that he was way too nerfed
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »
    Gwenpool, AOU vision, OG vision, hood, dormammu, scarlet witch, ghostrider, iceman, psylocke, stark enhanced spiderman, green goblin, magik, dr voodoo, punisher 2099, dr strange, loki, yondu and rogue all to some degree have mechanics that counter hyperion. Hyperion especially in quests when you know you are going to fight him is very easy. Practice baiting and not holding block near him so he uses his heavy and he will be very simple to fight

Out of every champ you named, I own 2. DS and SW. DS is so weak its pitiful and Scarlet doesnt power steal, power drain, or power lock when you need it most. Don't try to get on here preaching what I already know. It doesnt change the facts of the original post. I know how to fight Hyperion and I also know when the game is being lame. Thank you but no thank you
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★

Out of every champ you named, I own 2. DS and SW. DS is so weak its pitiful and Scarlet doesnt power steal, power drain, or power lock when you need it most. Don't try to get on here preaching what I already know. It doesnt change the facts of the original post. I know how to fight Hyperion and I also know when the game is being lame. Thank you but no thank you

If you know how to fight hyperion you would not be making this post. Yes he is difficult but if you fight him correctly he is a good challenge not broken. If he is hiding behind his block you are doing something wrong evading, getting in close, doing one hit into his block all coerce him into running at you and not holding block. DS even though he hits very soft now the nerf has not effected his sig if you play well Dr strange even at 3/30 will get the job done. I fight multiple hyperions in war and I rarely die unless I make a mistake while baiting. Practice by dueling hyperions with 2 or 3 stars theres a hyperion near the bottom of the global leaderboards that doesnt have suicides that makes good practice. If you spend like 30 minutes adjusting your baiting tactics you can get him to throw specials quite easily I can consistently beat 4/55 hyperions with a 2* starlord or magik in duels
  • Options
    SparhaukSparhauk Posts: 22
    Gwenpool, AOU vision, OG vision, hood, dormammu, scarlet witch, ghostrider, iceman, psylocke, stark enhanced spiderman, green goblin, magik, dr voodoo, punisher 2099, dr strange, loki, yondu and rogue all to some degree have mechanics that counter hyperion. Hyperion especially in quests when you know you are going to fight him is very easy. Practice baiting and not holding block near him so he uses his heavy and he will be very simple to fight

I have 4* SW at 5/50 sig 99. I never have a problem against Hyperion. I have DS at 4/40 sig 64, and he also is a pretty good counter to him. I do agree that it was pretty aweful to nerf DS as much as they did, then rub it in our faces with the likes of Hyperion, Dr. Voodoo, Mordo and a host of other new champs. Shame on you, Kabam/Netmarbles.
  • Options
    CacapupuzuluCacapupuzulu Posts: 12

Dr. Strange power gain is different. He was nerfed due to that and because he had a good lifesteal.
    But I agree that he was way too nerfed

I agree with you 100% Strange was nerfed from a God to a temper tantrum throwing grade schooler. I once dreaded facing him. Now I snigger to myself when I see him in a fight. My 3* Strange sig lvl 68 4/40 was once a moderately formidable champion. Once nerfed he was sold to bolster my gold & iso reserves.

Hyperion though formidable does not compare to the original Strange many of us once fell prey to.
  • Options
    RedmistRedmist Posts: 31
    Y'all do realize everybody game plays differently right sometimes those mofo won't take the bait
  • Options
    LokonLokon Posts: 7
    Im sick of people talking about Hyperion and Mordo, i think Spiderman is more OP and hard to fight than any other champ :s
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Can Civil Warrior stands a chance against Hyperion?

I don't have power control champs.

• Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    If you don't have the right champs don't do it yet. Not all content is made for everyone the day it comes out. Build your roster, practice, save items
  • Options
    ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    9ztr5vk63ks3.png
    Hyperion isn't hard at all
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Zerophunk wrote: »
    9ztr5vk63ks3.png
    Hyperion isn't hard at all

I mean, you have one of the best counters to Hyperion, along with the fact there's a class advantage and Hyperion is pretty much probably a rank higher than you. Of course it isn't hard lol.

OP has a slight point, but can be applied to more than just Hyperion. If the AI, regardless of champion, really didn't want to pop a special, then you could technically die to L3s even though you could be the best baiter in the world. It's unlikely, but possible.

This is why while Hyperion can be fought with any champion, certain champions are better suited because they are able to power control him, hence a greater chance of him not reaching L3 and popping it.
  • Options
    realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    fxedtr6fhmgj.jpg

Practice makes perfect!
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Yes, he does stop being baited sometimes, and all the practice in the world isn't going to help you, despite what the people here are saying. All of the champs will sometimes stop taking bait. Baiting only gives you a chance of getting the AI to trigger a special. You notice it more on Hyperion because his power gain is out of control at higher levels. OG Vision can be really bad too. Some champs have good counters, but even then it doesn't always work. I've seen them go from less than L1 to L3 in a matter of seconds.

But there have already been many topics on this. Unfortunately, I am not sure Kabam is listening.
  • Options
    Redmist wrote: »
    Y'all do realize everybody game plays differently right sometimes those mofo won't take the bait

Man thank you!! Some of these gurus just refuse to get that in their thick skull.
  • Options
    Sungj I dont need a Hyperion coach. I can beat any arena Hyperion that pops up as well as in AQ/AW. For you self proclaimed Hyperion gurus. I specifically said the Hyperions in Act 5. Those SPECIFIC Hyperions do not take the bait. Now with that being said, again, maybe its just MY act 5. I'm not a money spender so my game is never problem free, i don't have all these new and great champs either. Hell, I haven't had a phc drop since Dec 2016. It is what it is. He just don't take the bait until after I die once or twice.
  • Options
    ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214

I don't most of the posters listed champs but I do DS and SW. Ive rekt Hyperion multiple times with DS and SW. Hyperion is easily baitable. If your DS is duped, he'll buy you time by removing Hyper's Power Gain buffer. Same with SW.
  • Options
    Wish yall would read the comment before posting
  • Options
    MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    If you are going to keep Hyperion with a ridiculous amount of power gain, at least make him fight instead of hiding behind block the entire match and using nothing but L3 specials. Fighting 15k Hyperions in act 5 that does nothing but hide behind block in very much a cheap shot bordering on a cheat on the part of the game. I guess its a coincidence that the 2 champs that wouldve dealt with this easily got nerfed.

Gotta learn how to bait and fight Hype. Easy champ to fight if you know how. Nerfs aren't the way to go, 12.0 proved that
  • Options

Gotta learn how to bait and fight Hype. Easy champ to fight if you know how. Nerfs aren't the way to go, 12.0 proved that

You should read and interpret before speaking man.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017

Doctor Strange was not nerfed because of his Power Gain. I've mentioned this before.
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★

First you dont know me. 2nd, you dont know what champs I own or dont own. 3rd, if AI wants you to die, all the baiting in the world will not make him use his special.

When you create a thread like this one I obviously know that you don't know how to fight Hyperion.

I'm not asking for a nerf but you're incorrect. Sometimes he tosses out specials like free candy, other times he folds his arms like a smug pomopous jackass and l3s you into oblivion.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DD2 wrote: »

I'm not asking for a nerf but you're incorrect. Sometimes he tosses out specials like free candy, other times he folds his arms like a smug pomopous jackass and l3s you into oblivion.

Actually, it's not just Hyperion. It just happens that he builds Power when he does it. It's one of the AI's modes, from what I've observed. It's either aggressively advancing, or waiting for a surprise attack while holding Block.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Sungj I dont need a Hyperion coach. I can beat any arena Hyperion that pops up as well as in AQ/AW. For you self proclaimed Hyperion gurus. I specifically said the Hyperions in Act 5. Those SPECIFIC Hyperions do not take the bait. Now with that being said, again, maybe its just MY act 5. I'm not a money spender so my game is never problem free, i don't have all these new and great champs either. Hell, I haven't had a phc drop since Dec 2016. It is what it is. He just don't take the bait until after I die once or twice.

If you'd like I'll send you a video of me taking out a couple act 5 hyperions with 3/30 strange or a couple other older champs I did the first 2 chapters of act 5.2 with 3 stars and 3/30s just for a challenge and I'm sure there is a hyperion or two in those chapters. I didn't mean to offend you if thats the way you took it, I'm not an great player by any means and its just rng with baiting but with certain strategies you can almost guarantee he throws specials. I can say with almost 100% certainty your act 5 is not different from anyone else, the act 5 AI might be different from AQ/AQ AIs so you might just have to adjust your baiting tactics to suit this AI
This discussion has been closed.